4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

So poor on and off the ball. Everton will be pissing themselves at how they managed to get £75 million for him. I would say he isn't even amongst the top 10 PL strikers, which is not good enough for a United player.

He's got the passion and attitude to be a United player, just not the quality.

RyRy11

Needs to go, he won’t leave until our style of football changes though

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Terrible.

Where is this supposed workrate?

He's a liability defending corners and just stands there.

He can't hold the ball up.

He doesn't have a good touch.

Doesn't have good vision.

He is only decent in the air.

He is a good player and scores at a good rate but good isnt enough for a striker at United that starts every game.

He is holding us back along with Sanchez. Very worrying.
exactly my words, he can be deoployed as a RW to get more chances to play with the ball and actually provide some width for us but as a no9 he should be used just like a backup

pascell

So infuriating to watch. He looks too big, he has no agility, if the balls just out of his touching reach, he can't turn and chase after it quick enough, can't judge when to judge for a header, his touch touch is horrific.

Doesn't have the star quality we need for the main striker.

Stadjer

He's just a poacher, but unlike many great poacher (RVN), he's finishing isn't great.

He only offers goals and unfortunately for us, he doesn't score that often. In the games he doesn't score in (example vs Wolves), it's like playing with 10 men.

Nice guy and all that but we will never win another title with him as our main striker.
RVN played as a poacher and scored almost all chances he got but besides that he also had a great functional technique and even more in his locker... i dont think Lukaku is able to score that Fulham goal RVN scored. Converting chances into goals isnt even close either.. Lukaku still misses a lot of chances for a supposed clinical striker.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I couldn't help but laugh today he was so bad. Will get his goals here and there but just not good enough to be our main striker. I really believe Jose needs to stop giving him special treatment and challenge him more.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Said it before, we should sign Mandzukic. Do you have his agent numbers?
I made the same proposition, he actually fits the profile of a powerful, busy striker that is good in the air and can hold the ball.

Hughie77

So far not good enough, this boy is a lump, quick strong, but doesn't show it enough, his first touch is a 50-50 , he needs to put himself about more, he needs to improve, because he's unplayable when he wants to be.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Horrible performance. How did he miss that header? We desperately need him to get his bottom level up, or we need to put Martial as a striker or something. He needs competitors.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I made the same proposition, he actually fits the profile of a powerful, busy striker that is good in the air and can hold the ball.
Yeh. He's the epitome of Mou's striker for sure. There's better one like Cavani though, as impossible to get as it is.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
When Zlatan was up top we were creating loads of chances for fun per game, but our problem was finishing them. Enters Lukaku, and our chance creation has dropped to a complete mess.

You can't simply absolve him of that. He's not that even that much of clinical to justify that.
I dont think it really dropped that much because of Lukaku, at the beginning of his time here we were creating shitload of them, it's just lack of form from Martial/Rashford, Pogba's consistency and Sanchezes arrival which messed everything up. I mean you would be right that Lukaku now is in poor form and doesn't contribute to chance creating himself but before he was making those runs opening space for us, and we played overall faster football then with Zlatan which made us create chances but. Now Lukaku seems devoid of life and all this talk about hardwork is gone. Don't like it

UncleBob

Didn't play well but had no support and the balls up to him are difficult to deal with.
Bizarre summary imo, main issues wasn't difficult passes but Lukakus inability to be on the front foot and ready for the pass. Too often he was left standing while the defender got in front of him to clear the ball

el3mel

I dont think it really dropped that much because of Lukaku, at the beginning of his time here we were creating shitload of them, it's just lack of form from Martial/Rashford, Pogba's consistency and Sanchezes arrival which messed everything up. I mean you would be right that Lukaku now is in poor form and doesn't contribute to chance creating himself but before he was making those runs opening space for us, and we played overall faster football then with Zlatan which made us create chances but. Now Lukaku seems devoid of life and all this talk about hardwork is gone. Don't like it
What you said pretty much applies on his first 2 months here, when he was actually somewhat running.

His movement and hold up makes it pretty hard for others to create for him. You can't create for a static player who doesn't even have the ability to hold or chest a ball.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Bizarre summary imo, main issues wasn't difficult passes but Lukakus inability to be on the front foot and ready for the pass. Too often he was left standing while the defender got in front of him to clear the ball
He’s completely isolated though, balls are lumped up to him and he’s expected to hold of 2-3 defenders and retain the ball. As I say, he didn’t play well but needs more support imo.

Mrdan1709

One of the worst starting strikers I've seen for united in my lifetime. The fact he has a cult following of fans in our fanbase is absurd. United will never win a premier league title of champions league title, so long as he's the starting striker.

shabz

Our top three were really poor today. Lukaku just doesn't have a top class strikers instinct and it hurt us today, he didn't even excel in any other areas to bring teammates in and hold the ball up for supporting runs. Being offside in the six yard box on numerous occasions when the ball is coming from deep should be a cardinal sin, he has the size and athletic ability to adjust his position to a favourable one once the ball is in the air but always wants a head start. But as he scores goals more than others he will be in the starting lineup no doubt.

-Supreme-

Didn't play well but had no support and the balls up to him are difficult to deal with.
I don't have anything against Lukaku in fact I think he's a much better player than he gets credit for but today he mis-controlled and misplaced passes in situations where he had plenty of time to keep possession of the ball but failed to do so - not good enough I'm afraid.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Honestly the faster we upgrade on him the better. Can't believe how anyone can still feel he's the way going forward.

The excuse of him not getting chances is pretty lame. He's part of the problem for this. His rubbish movement, crap holding up and mistiming of all long balls are the cause of this. Zlatan was x10 in creativity.

Hopefully a top striker is available in summer. 75m wasted.
This.

He IS not good enough. He's dog shite. He talks big about his attitude and character because that's the only thing he has going for him.

He will NEVER be a Manchester United striker going forward. I wanted to give him time but we can't wait and gamble on him to develop.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He’s not the guy you look to to rescue a tough game with a little bit of magic, and he never will be, I fear.

He’ll get you 23-26 goals a year, from around 10 yards, and have a more than healthy conversion ratio, allowing people to continue comparing him to the great and the good of PL strikers without looking too foolish, or thinking about it too much, but he’ll never conjure a last minute worldie out of thin air like the truly great strikers do. He’ll never surprise us with a cycle kick, or a 30 yard screamer, or a devastating chip or mazy dribble from the half way line, or any of the things all the other names mentioned in this thread could and did do on occasion. The things that make otherwise very good strikers into great strikers, or world class strikers - Man Utd strikers.

A Man Utd striker doesnt need to do this kind of thing all the time, but he needs to be able to do it. To have it in his top pocket to whip out once in a blue moon when the team are in dire straits. He keeps being compared to Andy Cole in here, and while there may be some fleeting similarities, Coley could do this. He won us League deciders and Cup Semis with bits of ingenuity. He scored overhead kicks and long range chips when nothing looked on. He didn’t do it a lot, but he could do it, and it made him a much more dangerous player to have in a tight situation, regardless of whatever the feck his conversion rate was.

As hard as Rom works, and as lovely and personable as he is, he just doesn’t have this. He’s simply a pretty good striker for a top half side, who’ll score a lot if his served, but nothing if he isn’t. He’s grown on me a lot in the last year, but he’s just not the kind of No 9 you win the big things with. And I don’t think he’s going to become one either.

Last edited:

UncleBob

He’s completely isolated though, balls are lumped up to him and he’s expected to hold of 2-3 defenders and retain the ball. As I say, he didn’t play well but needs more support imo.
But that hardly happened today, what happened today was every pass being hit directly at him was cut off by a defender that reacted miles ahead of him. His header off target, him standing there waiting for the ball from Martial, absurd

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the hell did he manage to stay offside when there is literally no space behind the defence that too in the last phase of the play.

kps88

Those wanting an upgrade, who do you have in mind? There are very few elite strikers around at the moment and I doubt any of them would be too interested in joining us.

I think we could use another striker in the squad instead to give him some competition/rest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will never be world class. Shocking with the ball at his feet.

ash_86

not good enough. Replace his with Diego Costa and we'd challenge.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
What you said pretty much applies on his first 2 months here, when he was actually somewhat running.

His movement and hold up makes it pretty hard for others to create for him. You can't create for a static player who doesn't even have the ability to hold or chest a ball.
it's interesting that noone tells him to do a bit more in that regard. I know it is hard when our team sits deep, don't press much up the pitch and takes ages to move the ball but even without that, when teams sit deep and we move the ball slow he should do better. Zlatan would be certainly a better option for this game

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's odd how unskillful he is with his back to goal, for such an experienced player. I would think it's something that you can work on and improve.

His touch is the other thing. You know how people would say that being good at keepie-upies and juggling is useless for the real game? Well, evidently it isn't. He could definitely use some practice.

Those wanting an upgrade, who do you have in mind? There are very few elite strikers around at the moment and I doubt any of them would be too interested in joining us.

I think we could use another striker in the squad instead to give him some competition/rest.
Icardi possibly he seems much better technically

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Awful footballer. Can we also stop with this hardworking myth. The guy strolls around the pitch and gets caught on his heels 70% of the time. Literally watching the guy play one of the last things I'd use to describe him would be workrate.

He's going to cost us over the next few years.

Classical Mechanic

It's odd how unskillful he is with his back to goal, for such an experienced player. I would think it's something that you can work on and improve.

His touch is the other thing. You know how people would say that being good at keepie-upies and juggling is useless for the real game? Well, evidently it isn't. He could definitely use some practice.
He's built like the ultimate number 9 but he's actually a poacher.

Borden

As much as I like him and his attitude, I just don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a starting striker for us unfortunately. If he was better at utilizing his size, strength and pace then maybe that would be enough to offset his lack of technique, but sadly he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.