Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He kind of is though.

Doesn't score against the better teams, his record against the top teams is actually appalling for a player with over £200m of transfer fees.

He can't control or trap a ball very well, can't pass very well, can't dribble very well. He is a great goal scorer against the average to poor teams but that is it.

He is not a very good footballer really, he is just a good goal scorer.
This is the only forum that views Lukaku like that. Yes he has his limitations but saying a player who has over 300 career goals is a walking disaster is quite the claim.

Zoo

Nothing has changed with him. His ability to flat track bully teams might be enough for Chelsea in the league but his performances against the top teams will always be inadequate.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He kind of is though.

Doesn't score against the better teams, his record against the top teams is actually appalling for a player with over £200m of transfer fees.

He can't control or trap a ball very well, can't pass very well, can't dribble very well. He is a great goal scorer against the average to poor teams but that is it.

He is not a very good footballer really, he is just a good goal scorer.
He's always been a good poacher and flat track bully but simply doesn't have that overall sublime skill to boss big games. It might change though. In many ways he's kind of the opposite of Drogba despite them being big and strong and all. He's a valuable player to have in the team but he's so unskifull compared to the last generation of strikers like Torres, Surarez, Aguero, Rooney, Drogba, Benzema, Zlatan etc. However because of he's geniunely good poacher he'll probably retire with a very good goal tally.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's making the difference we all expected him to.

Theyd better hope he bangs them in against the cannon fodder because he turns wins against the big teams into draws and losses. Tuchel had the making of Liverpool and City last season, but not anymore. You can't match those teams with such a limited player in the lineup.
Yeah, blaming this on Lukaku is a huge stretch. And I'm being generous.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I was told yesterday by my City supporting mate that Lukaku is the best back to goal striker in world football…stunned to say the least.

UnitedWA

I was told yesterday by my City supporting mate that Lukaku is the best back to goal striker in world football…stunned to say the least.
Also my City supporting friend says Lukaku is probably top 3 strikers atm, so don't know what's the thing about their fixation on Lukaku. Btw he showed same old vs top clubs.

Yeah, blaming this on Lukaku is a huge stretch. And I'm being generous.
Probably, but his record against the big teams is undeniable and it will certainly limit Tuchel in how he plays.

Chelsea beat City last year playing three quick, technical forwards and holding the ball high and keeping possession. You can't do that with Lukaku in your team.

This is the only forum that views Lukaku like that. Yes he has his limitations but saying a player who has over 300 career goals is a walking disaster is quite the claim.
Because we are the only top team who has experience of him on a weekly basis. You lot will come round to it soon enough.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No surprise he isn't doing much in big games, just as it will be no surprise when he beats up on the lesser sides in the good PL run they have coming up.

Which tbf is all they really need him for in the league at least.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He was amazing.
A brilliant non threatening header, a decent chance - shot from 5 yards gone over and a majestic cross that almost ended on the other side of the pitch.
A trully changed man
am i late to the party, or do you have a serious dislike for Lukaku.?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Delighted with this to be honest. He will get 20 goals for them easily but it won’t effect their league position.
He will score 20+ goals, I’m fairly sure of that. He’s got to get more than 2 or 3 against the top 6 for it to impress anyone though. Little point scoring 20 goals with a hat trick against Norwich and braces against Brentford, Newcastle, Palace and Watford while offering nothing in the way of his performances across the season other than goals.
Standing by these.

Idxomer

Every time I switched the channels I saw at least one bad bit of play from him.

He also had a good chance from a cross he put inexplicably wide.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
No surprise he isn't doing much in big games, just as it will be no surprise when he beats up on the lesser sides in the good PL run they have coming up.

Which tbf is all they really need him for in the league at least.
Don't agree with this thought process. Chelsea's tactics rely on a goalscorer, it was their problem last season. We're now in a league where you need to be beating all those teams and getting results against the top 4 or 5 to win the league.

If he's not scoring against the top 6 teams in the league, Chelsea aren't getting those results, Chelsea aren't winning the league.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Standing by these.
You need goals against low-mid table sides to compete for a league title though, and its not as simple as "Chelsea would just beat them anyway", they struggled with that last season when they didnt have a consistent goalscorer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't agree with this thought process. Chelsea's tactics rely on a goalscorer, it was their problem last season. We're now in a league where you need to be beating all those teams and getting results against the top 4 or 5 to win the league.

If he's not scoring against the top 6 teams in the league, Chelsea aren't getting those results, Chelsea aren't winning the league.
Fair point, though I would probably argue that City will have a similar problem due to their lack of a goalscorer up front. I'm not sure you need to be that perfect a side to win the league this season, but we'll see.

Djemba-Djemba

Typical Lukaku performance of spooning your team's best chances in a tight game. Did the same thing here game almost every big game in his first season.
Both seasons really.

Only scored once against a big 6 side for Utd and that was against shitty old Chelsea!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Fair point, though I would probably argue that City will have a similar problem due to their lack of a goalscorer up front. I'm not sure you need to be that perfect a side to win the league this season, but we'll see.
Yes I think they will. I think city have a bit more to them to combat that but they'll have a similar problem potentially.

It's a season in which in honestly believe if United pulled their finger out it's for for the taking.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
So half your attention on each then.
I had 4 vlc's open. I have 2 1440p screens so i can easily watch them. And yeah he was pretty fecking bad. I think you made a big mistake by signing him because you look like playing with 10 men vs good teams.

adexkola

Supports
The annoying thing about this thread is that the criticism for Chelsea's flat performances should be going Tuchel's way, however Lukaku will be used as a scapegoat (at least on here).

Eugenius

The annoying thing about this thread is that the criticism for Chelsea's flat performances should be going Tuchel's way, however Lukaku will be used as a scapegoat (at least on here).
£100m striker should really be able to influence the game even if the team isn't firing on all cylinders (see Ronaldo for example).

adexkola

Supports
£100m striker should really be able to influence the game even if the team isn't firing on all cylinders (see Ronaldo for example).
It's not his fault that Chelsea paid $100M for him

Lukaku isn't faultless but again, for other teams the buck stops with the manager for not setting up his team properly. On here, Chelsea are a Lukaku away from 2 wins against City and Juventus...