Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol:

The revisionism around this guy is absolutely amazing.

Anyone saying we miss him:

- Do Martial, Rashford and Greenwood flourish?
- Did you see Lukaku’s weight at United?
- He only scored 16 PL goals in his opening campaign and then 16 in total in his second
- His big game record is nothing short of pathetic

UncleBob

It's incredibly how some of our fans still seem to harbour strong bitter feelings towards him. It says a lot more about them than it does him really.
Why wouldn't we? He's been mouthing off for ages.

Strelok

Martial > Lukaku

He's found his place and wish him the best.
This.

He could score all that five goals and I'm still utterly happy that he's gone. I had more than enough with his crap. He's probably the worst #9 that has ever played for us, or must be up there at least. Guy couldn't even accept a healthy competition for a starting place. We don't and will never want that type of player here.

Red Foxx

why would anyone want lukaku on the bench on the big wages when we got 75m for him and made our defence one of the best in europe with that cash, great trade off.

like people that want sanchez to stay and fight for his place... well there is an opportunity cost to that
We have one of the best defences in Europe?

United Junkie

Meanwhile, he talked pretty well about us post today's game.
Watching this I dont understand the levels of hatred and dislikes this guy gets. He's not some little weasel like Di Maria who was just undeserving of all the praises and welcoming reception he received from all of us at his short stint at United.

Lukaku put's in the numbers. That's his job. The whole footballing aspect have to be overlooked in this case. He scores goals that's all you need from him. I wished he had a season like he's having right now back when he was at United.

But still I'm glad he's not at United anymore. He fits right in with Inter and it's system.

LoneStar

One of those rare times when a relatively big money transfer works out well for everyone involved. He would not suit our style of football, and besides was too expensive for a squad role. He went to a league and is playing for a manager who suits him more. Fair play.

Robertd0803

Hope he misses the decisive penalty in the final. You just knew he would have had the game of his life against us if we had made it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lukaku has scored goals everywhere he's been. Even for us his record was pretty good. But unless you're going to play to his strengths you may as well forget it as his all round game is lacking. He's still a better number 9 than Martial in terms of bagging goals but Martial is a much more cultured footballer who links play much better.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Would have been a good fwd to have on our bench tbh because the man can finish a ball off and did work hard for the team. But his lack of finesse let us down several times and we were on his back viciously. He seems to be the 2nd striker at Inter and is thriving in their league with the manager.

Good luck to him and thanks for the goals vs PSG. I'm happy for his show of form.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Lukaku has scored goals everywhere he's been. Even for us his record was pretty good. But unless you're going to play to his strengths you may as well forget it as his all round game is lacking. He's still a better number 9 than Martial in terms of bagging goals but Martial is a much more cultured footballer who links play much better.
Exactly, Lukaku enjoys WKD and lads holidays in Magaluf whereas Martial enjoys the works of Tolstoy and visiting Cordoba to see the classical architecture.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think the issue was that in his last season for MUFC, he was fat. This meant that he was always huffing and puffing and struggling to generally play to his potential.
At Inter, Conte and his sports doctors have forced him to reduce his weight and he is genuinely lean...which is how a footballer should be.
MUFC's sports doctors need to be looked at, IMO. We have Luke Shaw, now, who is clearly overweight, but MUFC seem accepting of this.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
He also seems to benefit tremendously from having Lautaro next to him. Someone to share the burden with.
The two of them combined have 54 goals & 13 assists, that's a pretty solid attack.

Smores

Why wouldn't we? He's been mouthing off for ages.
Has he? Unless you're obsessively following him i don't think most have noticed.

Still why do you even care? Is what he said really justification for grown adults to have such strong emotional bitterness? It's weird but each to their own i guess.

UncleBob

Has he? Unless you're obsessively following him i don't think most have noticed.

Still why do you even care? Is what he said really justification for grown adults to have such strong emotional bitterness? It's weird but each to their own i guess.
Depends what you define as most and such strong emotional bitterness.

I just reckon he's a bit of a massive twat

NotThatSoph

As far as I know he has talked about how he didn't fit and wanted out, how he didn't feel wanted or protected by the club when he was benched and transfer rumours started without him hearing anything from the club, and that he felt like players like him and Pogba were made scapegoats by the fans when it was a collective failure.

I wouldn't call that "mouthing off", but it clearly hurt a lot of people.

danamann

I think the issue was that in his last season for MUFC, he was fat. This meant that he was always huffing and puffing and struggling to generally play to his potential.
At Inter, Conte and his sports doctors have forced him to reduce his weight and he is genuinely lean...which is how a footballer should be.
MUFC's sports doctors need to be looked at, IMO. We have Luke Shaw, now, who is clearly overweight, but MUFC seem accepting of this.
Absolutely agree. The difference in his physical condition now compared to his time here is quite astonishing. Has the back room staff changed with every manager? Because if it's the same guy then definitely get rid.

UncleBob

As far as I know he has talked about how he didn't fit and wanted out, how he didn't feel wanted or protected by the club when he was benched and transfer rumours started without him hearing anything from the club, and that he felt like players like him and Pogba were made scapegoats by the fans when it was a collective failure.

I wouldn't call that "mouthing off", but it clearly hurt a lot of people.
His whole dreaming about how it would feel to feck off from United, telling other players to man the feck up when he was the teachers pet under Mourinho. returning from the world cup looking like he ate all the other players.

I have no idea why he doesn't get more stick in here.

NotThatSoph

His whole dreaming about how it would feel to feck off from United, telling other players to man the feck up when he was the teachers pet under Mourinho. returning from the world cup looking like he ate all the other players.

I have no idea why he doesn't get more stick in here.
Have you read this thread?

NotThatSoph

Yes, i don't think it's sufficent.
Twat. Fat. Disrespectful. Worst #9 to ever have played for United. No intention of playing his best at United. Pathetic big game record. Unprofessional. Awful footballer who can barely play, just a bully. Unable to control a football. Useless donkey. Told to feck off. Prick. Crap. Rubbish. Horrific finisher. Contributes nothing except for goals. Dire. Bitter. Unable to hold the ball. Shit.

This is just since yesterday evening, after scoring 2 goals in a Europa League semi-final, bringing him up to a 31 goal tally for the season, and complimenting United and our players. Go further back, especially after bad games, and it'll be amplified ten-fold.

What would be sufficient for you, death threats?

always_hoping

:lol:

The revisionism around this guy is absolutely amazing.

Anyone saying we miss him:

- Do Martial, Rashford and Greenwood flourish?
- Did you see Lukaku’s weight at United?
- He only scored 16 PL goals in his opening campaign and then 16 in total in his second
- His big game record is nothing short of pathetic
On the last point its worth checking to see how he did against the top 6 in Italy this season.

Juve 0,0
Atalanta 0,0
Lazio 0,0
Roma 0,1 (goal 88th minute penalty)
AC Milan 1,1 (1 of the goals in the 93rd minute in a 4-2 win)

Same old Romelu!

A decent debut season for United 27 goals in 51 appearances compared to this season with Inter 33 goals in 50 appearances.

Conte, Mourinho slow pace style of play suits his game and allows him to be a flat track bully.

Paul_Scholes18

On the last point its worth checking to see how he did against the top 6 in Italy this season.

Juve 0,0
Atalanta 0,0
Lazio 0,0
Roma 0,1 (goal 88th minute penalty)
AC Milan 1,1 (1 of the goals in the 93rd minute in a 4-2 win)

Same old Romelu!

A decent debut season for United 27 goals in 51 appearances compared to this season with Inter 33 goals in 50 appearances.

Conte, Mourinho slow pace style of play suits his game and allows him to be a flat track bully.
It is about helping the team get the wins though. Lukaku for us ended in second place. With Inter second place.
Us under Ole third place. Thus he is helping the team more than what we have.

I guess he is not winning the titles by ending in second and I guess if he scored vs Juventus and not messed up vs City for us we would have won titles possibly.
It is crazy that he got such a poor record though given that the teams he play for do not have as bad a record in those games.
If he was just easy to stop then his teams would suffer more I think.

Baneofthegame

At the end of the day, it was a good move for him and us, he wasn’t right for our club and by selling him we have improved both Martial and Rashford.

lsd

The Oracle
Strange how he had no problem scoring against us against the likes of Rio and Vidic etc Guess we were just not a big team

Jericho

Shame he didn't really show it here and had no intention of giving his best for United
He scored 27 goals in his first season. Only Ibra with 28 has scored more in a season for us since Fergie. Not saying his overall play was amazing but that's a decent return, especially during a time when we were playing some of our worst football ever.

Paul_Scholes18

Solid conclusion there.
Different league for now so maybe hard to compare. I have not followed Inter close enough. For us though under Mourinho we had a pretty decent big game record. Beat Arsenal, Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, City.
He cost us vs City at home though, but played alright in many other of those games that we won.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He scored 27 goals in his first season. Only Ibra with 28 has scored more in a season for us since Fergie. Not saying his overall play was amazing but that's a decent return, especially during a time when we were playing some of our worst football ever.
He contributed to that worst football ever. Which is what all those buzzing off him here don’t seem to recognise.

romufc

He contributed to that worst football ever. Which is what all those buzzing off him here don’t seem to recognise.
Short memory. He will always score goals but the frustration around him was not something I could deal with any more.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Reading the last few pages literally feels like deja vu from discussions from Chelsea fans back in 2015/2016. Scores a couple of goals which coincide with Costa (and in your case Martial) not scoring and all off a sudden people crawl out of the woodwork to claim what a mistake was made selling him without looking at the bigger picture of why he didn't make it at the club.

romufc

Reading the last few pages literally feels like deja vu from discussions from Chelsea fans back in 2015/2016. Scores a couple of goals and all off a sudden people crawl out of the woodwork to claim what a mistake was made selling him without looking at the bigger picture of why he didn't make it at the club.
Lukaku look a special player when you watch highlights.

Unfortunately, alot of manutd fans who think he shouldnt have sold only watch highlights.

I can remember so many games where his passing, touch, finishing was so poor and I wanted him gone. I have no regrets, even if he scored 50 goals somewhere a season.

always_hoping

Strange how he had no problem scoring against us against the likes of Rio and Vidic etc Guess we were just not a big team
He scored a hat trick in Ferguson last game at the club, it was basically exhibition match and Uniteds back 4 that day was Valencia, Jones, Evans, Buttner and Lindegaard was in goal. Rio came off the bench due to a injury Evans and Vidic, Evra was unused subs.

Since that game he played against United 8 times for West Brom and Everton scoring zero goals.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku look a special player when you watch highlights.

Unfortunately, alot of manutd fans who think he shouldnt have sold only watch highlights.

I can remember so many games where his passing, touch, finishing was so poor and I wanted him gone. I have no regrets, even if he scored 50 goals somewhere a season.
He would actually be an excellent horses for courses option but as we both found out he doesn't do competition for his place.

I was glad to see the back of him for that reason even more than the fact I didn't particularly rate him (in the context of being the number one striker at Chelsea), his sense of entitlement and delusions of grandeur are off the scale.