Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

AJ10

His usual performance, scored a pen, missed a sitter, crap overall play, lots of pointing etc.

Those "fans" should be ashamed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Did he ever score a penalty for us? Remember he bottled one vs Leicester and was taken off pen duties after that.

prateik

It's not like he cant score goals..
Lecce are newly promoted and Cagliari barely escaped relegation last season..

No one should be surprised.

The Cagliari fans are a disgrace. Its impossible to stop idiots online.. but getting away with that in the ground, in person, is unbelievable.

0le

The Cagliari fans are a disgrace. Its impossible to stop idiots online.. but getting away with that in the ground, in person, is unbelievable.
It is not unbelievable anymore which is precisely the problem. It is a massive issue in Italian football because it appears to happen on a regular basis. At least from my corner of the world, the Italian football and police authorities seem to have a lax attitude towards it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Did he ever score a penalty for us? Remember he bottled one vs Leicester and was taken off pen duties after that.
He was usually too tired towards the game to even take one. It includes running towards the ball and that was too much to ask from him.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's not like he cant score goals..
Lecce are newly promoted and Cagliari barely escaped relegation last season..

No one should be surprised.

It's not even the first time they're doing it which makes it even worse.

haram

After the last 3 games, we really should not act like we are above scoring against smaller teams, or even scoring penalties.

Sylar

Same fans who did it against Kean and Matuidi. The biggest shame is nothing will happen

Happy he got the winner against them

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very glad to see a team give us 70m to play with 10 men instead of us. Watched the game today and his first touch, dribbling, heading ‘challenges’ and contribution are just atrocious. He looks like someone from a different sport. Also a still a complete coward on the pitch hiding in between defenders in build up play.

Sterling Archer

Don't think Lukaku ever thought he was bigger than the club. That's just him being butthurt because players are calling him out for talking about things he has no clue about. Giving his 2 cents about everything manager related when he failed spectacular at that job.

Doesn't mean Rom shouldn't have left. He should as he wasn't good enough. Although we now lack a number 9 up front the moment Martial picks up a knock.
It's difficult for me. On the one hand I get it - he was constantly picked by a top top manager in Jose and there's good reason for that.

On the other hand he got feckin fat and was half the player he was at Everton in performance and twice the player in weight.

I feel Ole could have taken a different approach to him...like getting him to eat better instead of playing teachers pet w Rashford

lsd

The Oracle
Great penalty well taken. Shame we have no one that can do that . He is going to score loads for Inter

lsd

The Oracle
Very glad to see a team give us 70m to play with 10 men instead of us. Watched the game today and his first touch, dribbling, heading ‘challenges’ and contribution are just atrocious. He looks like someone from a different sport. Also a still a complete coward on the pitch hiding in between defenders in build up play.

Absolute nonsense post . Bitterness is just seeping out of you

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Professional athlete eating fries. Oh God. Whatever next. Won't someone think of the children?

Do you know how many calories a guy like Lukaku will burn in a day? He can afford to occasionally have some chips. I think you have a big misconception of how "clean" the typical footballer will eat, and also how "clean" they actually need to eat. It's really not uncommon for athletes after an event like a match to get in some quick and easy nutrients from what you would consider to be unhealthy foods, and the obsession with nutrition is a relatively recent phenomenon.
If people actually looked at what goes into energy gels and Powerade, they might reconsider if those drinks are "healthy"... yet athletes scoff them down. Tour De France riders literally eat rice cakes coated in sugar and butter along with cans of coke... There is only so much food these players can consume that is "Healthy" because items such as spinach etc have other nutrients in them that can actually make people quite ill or prone to other illnesses.

Fast food is quick easy caloric grab. I'd also imagine those chips are not deepfried either but either air fried or are oven baked.

John Blund

Absolute nonsense post . Bitterness is just seeping out of you
He's not wrong, though. Aside from the penalty, Lukaku was among Inters worst players today, along with their CMs(Not Sensi, but the other two). He's missing sitters, his first touch is on par with Lucas Leiva (remember the Liverpool midfielder who always had a tackle as his 2nd touch?).
Lukaku is an average striker with an impressive goal-scoring record. He'll probably score 20 goals for Inter, but he'll need more chances per goal than any other over 15 goals in Serie A to do so.

shahzy

as much as i dont like Lukaku as a player, get fecked you cagliari cnuts. Can the italian FA stop being absolute pussy's and ban the fans. Clearly people do shit they feel like they can get away with because the punishment is not harsh enough. Half a season without fans. Go on, lets see how you like that you racist cnuts

haram

He's not wrong, though. Aside from the penalty, Lukaku was among Inters worst players today, along with their CMs(Not Sensi, but the other two). He's missing sitters, his first touch is on par with Lucas Leiva (remember the Liverpool midfielder who always had a tackle as his 2nd touch?).
Lukaku is an average striker with an impressive goal-scoring record. He'll probably score 20 goals for Inter, but he'll need more chances per goal than any other over 15 goals in Serie A to do so.
No he wasn't. Lucas has also gone on to be a good player for Lazio in Serie A.

Flanders Devil

After the last 3 games, we really should not act like we are above scoring against smaller teams, or even scoring penalties.
This is the great irony.

We’re arguably now better set up against ‘stronger’ teams and worse against ‘smaller’ teams.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
No he wasn't. Lucas has also gone on to be a good player for Lazio in Serie A.
He was average at best. And that miss reminded me of the Sevilla match where he had tons of chances but couldn't even hit the target :rolleyes:

haram

He was average at best. And that miss reminded me of the Sevilla match where he had tons of chances but couldn't even hit the target :rolleyes:
Ok, and I'm sure he will get better. He hasn't had a proper pre season and has joined a new team and league. He contributed to winning the penalty and then converted it despite the racist chants. He has 2 in 2 and it's a good start, nothing more, nothing less.

Seij

He was always going to get a decent number of goals, however all against teams Inter dominate and mediocre defenders. Being on penalty duty for them won't hurt either.

I do wonder though, how did we not get this guy to lose weight for an entire season while Conte made him slim down immediately?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
"Coming here was the right move, in a good dressing room, where the manager wants winners who can really help the team."

We definitely are mentally soft, that is true.
That bold part is verging on Donald Trump levels of delusion. It doesn't demonstrate we are mentally soft, if anything its indicative of him as a player that Ole didn't see him both as a winner and a player that can help the team.

In other words, Conte saw value in Lukaku where as other managers saw him for what he was and decided he was not good enough to be a part of a certain style of play. Sorry but the only mentally soft person out of this is Lukaku. Calling yourself a winner when you've won feck all as a player is the epitome of delusion.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He took one penalty for us against Leicester and missed. His record is 11 scored (1 WQC, 6 PL, 2 EL, 1 Serie A, 1 Jupiler) and 5 missed (3 PL, 1 FA Cup, 1 Jupiler).

Sterling Archer

He was always going to get a decent number of goals, however all against teams Inter dominate and mediocre defenders. Being on penalty duty for them won't hurt either.

I do wonder though, how did we not get this guy to lose weight for an entire season while Conte made him slim down immediately
?
Biggest issue right there. I'm actually shocked that Jose didn't make a bigger deal out of it.

Kind of reinforces the rumors we hear about our support staff - fitness and nutriton- being archaic and frankly, shit

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
He was ok overall. He has issues with his first touch (obvious) and still needs to get in better shape, but the 2nd goal was a very nice pass by him towards Sensi. Also, a lot of credit for putting that penalty away. With those fans making racist chants, it couldn't have been easy for his, so I thought it was a good sign of character.

Suedesi

I remember reading about Usain Bolt having a McDonalds every day when he was at the Olympics and if Lukaku's 20 chips (and some red meat) leaves you "shaking", don't Google what Michael Phelps use to eat!

I really think some of you lot are reaching for any old bollocks to get mad at with Lukaku.
I have read about Phelps. He used to eat 12,000 calories a day and it was confounding every nutritionist, doctor and scientist out there. “In order for Phelps to burn those kinds of calories above and beyond what his resting metabolic rate [RMR] was, and keeping in mind that it’s about 860 calories an hour at competitive swimming rates, he would have to sustain more than 10 hours of continuous butterfly every day. Not even he can do that.”

Until it dawned on a team on NASA scientists, that it was the thermal load of the water. Water is 24 times more thermally conductive than air. Phelps spends three or four hours a day in the water. Running a marathon might burn 2,600 calories, but working out in an 82°F pool for four hours could burn up to an extra 4,000 calories, if one considered thermal load.