Ronaldo debut vs Rooney debut vs Macheda debut vs Januzaj debut vs Rashford debut vs Martial debut..

Nickthepip

Hmmm. Hat trick in the Champions League or a series of elaborate stepovers against Bolton. Tough call.

Moonred

Rooney came with the highest expectations and delivered the most stunning debut.

Ronaldo was a flashy teaser for something big and was as exciting as a preview can be.

Macheda was Euphoria but it was more symbolic of United than himself.

Martial, I expected him to do what he did. Ecstatic but not stunned.

Rashford made me grin with happiness. But nothing over the top.

Januzaj was a breath of fresh air in what was a time of mostly questioning what was happening.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not being funny but how can you have Ronaldo above Rooney. He scored a hatrick, you don’t get much better than that.
I just think I was more excited by Ronaldo's - I already knew Rooney was a talent (although, yes, the hattrick was special and beyond any expectation) but, apart from some vague rumours that he played well in a pre-season friendly against us, I didn't know much about Ronaldo until that spine-tingling debut

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ronaldo - came on as sub and woke up a dull game, plus I like flashy wingers, made me laugh the way watching George Best had done years before.
Rooney - showed what all the fuss was about.
I can't really split - Martial/Rashford/Januzaj - they all seemed like great unknowns arriving just when we needed them. All with that bit of a wow factor and that something that marked them as United players, who wouldn't be fazed by it. I'm still disappointed that Januzaj got worse rather than better.
Macheda - it was just a great goal, just when we needed it, but I never got that "this is the start of something special" vibe from him.