Ronaldo vs. Messi

ntripunovski

Wow, I never even tough of who is better of this two. And still after a couple of minutes I cant say who is better. I guess I would like Man United to have both of them because it is very hard dicision to say who is better :)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Along with whatshisname for the dippers if i could have any dream signing then it would be the lad Messi

In answer to the question then im afraid my vote goes with Messi, when you take into account that Ronaldo's got 2 years on him i cant help but think Messi is a more complete player - delivering an end product more times than not

Having said that we've seen a huge leap in Ronnie's game this season and i wouldnt swap him for anyone (like Saha in the other thread)

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Ronaldo is currently better, but Messi is a little genius, there is so much more precision to his game and if the injuries let up a bit he'll be spectacular in a few years time, although for my money Ronnie is destined to be the worlds outstanding player by the time he's 25

VP

Ronaldo's better obviously. And I really don't understand how this myth about Messi peforming in the CL has developed.

rioscat

Put it another way if Ferguson said that Manchester United are swaping Ronaldo for Messi in January (And Messi was fully fit) would you be happy?

Kleberson

they are both world beaters and only maybe kaka and ronaldinho are as entertaining to watch..they both offer their strengths to their team, but the question to ask is who is more important to their team?...would we be far worse if ronaldo was missing or would barca miss messi more?...theres no point asking who is the better player as we are in a united forum and biasness plays a big part, concious or not..there have been times when i've seen ronaldo play and have been convinced he's probably gonna be best player in the world...but also same applies to messi...and now that ronaldo has added consistency to his game, theres no point in debating who's better...im sure there are attributes in messi that i would love to see in ronaldo (i.e. his footballing brain and agility), and the same applies to messi. im sure barca fans would love to see some of ronaldo's attributes in messi (i.e. his sheer power and ability to go from one end of the pitch to another in 10 seconds).

Dev

They are both as good as eachother IMO. Messi is only 19 as well. No doubt they will be the best in the world in 5 years time, along with Wayne.

Longlivekeano

Would love to have Messi in our team to replace Giggs. Its worth paying 30 millopn pounds for him. It would be a really good signing, I reckon. Our left wing problem solved again for the next 10 years

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
Psmith said:
Ronaldo's better obviously. And I really don't understand how this myth about Messi peforming in the CL has developed.
It's no myth..Take it either in the preseason friendlies or CL or in the Liga Messi has ripped apart teams like Juventus, Werder Bremen, Bayern, Real Madrid, Valencia, Chelsea and all other top teams whilst our Rooney or Ronaldo are yet to deliver much outside the premiership.

It takes some doing for a 17 year player to break in to a settled midfield and attack that has Xavi, Dinho, Deco, Guily, Iniesta, Eto, etal and overshadowing even Ronaldinho in just couple of sesaons, at a club that doesnt have patience to groom 17 year olds with the margin of failure being minimal.

In terms of technique and temparament Messi is already a great player and in the last couple of seasons he has also scored and developed his weaker foot better. Even in the WC he was head and shoulders above more established Argie players that was evident during his cameo appearences. The only problem for Barca they shouldn't burn him out by fielding him often.

Reflectorboy

Future friend of the first team
Longlivekeano said:
Would love to have Messi in our team to replace Giggs. Its worth paying 30 millopn pounds for him. It would be a really good signing, I reckon. Our left wing problem solved again for the next 10 years
I don't think Messi will ever play for us, if he does, it will cost an arm and leg to get him. However, we will be unbeatable with Rooney, Messi and Ronaldo in the team