Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez

Pughnichi

Money invested in the berbatov signing should have been invested in Tevez’s contract.

he would have got more game time the season we signed berba and wouldn’t have started talking about minutes played.

we effectively replaced tevez with berba (albeit they shared one season together) and in doing so it was an expensive downgrade.

I never understood it. And still don’t

Son

Money invested in the berbatov signing should have been invested in Tevez’s contract.

he would have got more game time the season we signed berba and wouldn’t have started talking about minutes played.

we effectively replaced tevez with berba (albeit they shared one season together) and in doing so it was an expensive downgrade.

All that needs to be understood is Glazer’s didn’t wanna pay his 40m fee. He wanted to stay with or without Berba in the squad.

Fergie booted him out due to cash constraints from what I could gather. That was the “no value in the market era”.

Remember when we passed on Hazard for £35m due to no value.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Berbatov was added to beef up our forward options and give us something different. I don't think when we bought Berba that we were thinking that he was the Tevez replacement they were totally different players. I would actually Benzema was supposed to be the Tevez replacement but Madrid beat us to him.