Ross Barkley... | Back to Villa?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think we need a player closer to amrabat than mount. A more attack minded 8 is relatively well stocked i'd say. It might have made sense if we'd sold mctominay but he's got that midfield injury crisis spot locked down in the mean time imo.
Oh we definitely need a DM to be starter, Barkley was just a squad player type as he can be a deeper press resistant/dynamic type or play more advanced than Mainoo to fill in there (and wouldn't demand starter wages/game time).

With no european football, realistically we're fine with just 1 new DM signing anyway and the rest being Mainoo, Bruno, McTominay and Mount

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Came here to discuss Ronald Araujo and I'm getting Barkley the sequel. :wenger:

Looks like FFP is biting for us badly. I assume he's on a free or has a low relegation release clause?

caid

Oh we definitely need a DM to be starter, Barkley was just a squad player type as he can be a deeper press resistant/dynamic type or play more advanced than Mainoo to fill in there (and wouldn't demand starter wages/game time).

With no european football, realistically we're fine with just 1 new DM signing anyway and the rest being Mainoo, Bruno, McTominay and Mount
I presume the starter dm is dependent on Casemiro. I'd agree with your last line and it wouldn't be my first priority by any means but if i had the money i'd get another dm in. Either way i cant see much sense in barkley even on a free.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Came here to discuss Ronald Araujo and I'm getting Barkley the sequel. :wenger:

Looks like FFP is biting for us badly. I assume he's on a free or has a low relegation release clause?
Wait, Villa are in for Araujo and Barca are actually willing to sell?

United need to be all over that. Him and Martinez would be the absolute perfect partnership.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

United need to be all over that. Him and Martinez would be the absolute perfect partnership.
Just a twitter rumour so far....

Local Barcelona paper but guessing they're tabloid standard?

caid

They need to bring in about 120m by the end of June. He's one of the more probable ways of doing that.
We've been linked with him a good bit but he's probably one of the more expensive cb options and he's had a few injuries this season i think.

Shinjch

If Monchi has a lot of money to spend then their business could be very interesting.

SungSam7

Yes, it would be crazy. We should be going for younger, better players
Younger and better players are going to cost a fortune. We need to learn to walk before we run.

We haven't the financial power to splash out so we need to be getting in some cheap reinforcements to build on.

Woziak

@Woziak is gonna be upset, he will have to rewrite all his transfer strategy posts
Nope he was an option just because he was a freebie and we gave so much work to do if A Rabiot is coming instead than that’s a more suitable player for the clubs requirements

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If Monchi has a lot of money to spend then their business could be very interesting.
We don't really.

Yes making CL is great but not like we get 200m overnight for that. Think it's more like 30-40m for participating and that comes in halfway through the season.

Constant talk we'll still have to make a big sale, could be any of Luiz, Ramsey, Cash, Digne or Duran (keeps on getting linked to Chelsea).

Shinjch

We don't really.

Yes making CL is great but not like we get 200m overnight for that. Think it's more like 30-40m for participating and that comes in halfway through the season.

Constant talk we'll still have to make a big sale, could be any of Luiz, Ramsey, Cash, Digne or Duran (keeps on getting linked to Chelsea).
It seems strange that that's the case. Do Villa have a large wage bill? Would Luiz be most likely to be cashed in on? A good player, but think he could be replaced.

Will still be interesting to see what Monchi does this summer anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It seems strange that that's the case. Do Villa have a large wage bill? Would Luiz be most likely to be cashed in on? A good player, but think he could be replaced.

Will still be interesting to see what Monchi does this summer anyway.
It's no different to Newcastle making CL and having to sell Saint Maximn for 25m. Wasn't a huge outlay by them last summer and think they'll moved on Almiron at least in this upcoming window.

Yeah our wage bill is huge. We signed Digne from Everton for 25m and gave him a four and a half year deal, Coutinho is still on our books with two years left on his deal. Signed Dendoncker from Wolves where he was a regular started so he'll be on decent money.

pascell

We don't really.

Surely finishing 4th will give you another chunk of PL money?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Ffs, I was hoping we would try and sign him. Understandable move due to CL football but can't see him being anything other than a squad option.
He will be a squad player for the Big 6 clubs anyway. So Aston Villa is definitely a good move for him with CL football and a top manager in charge. Villa is quick to add depth to their squad.