Ruben Baraja..

rOnaldo[7]

what do you guys think of him..
he can be a succesor to keano if he move to CB..
he's a tough takler..can attack and defend..score crucial goals..good header..
and i think he's a box to box player..
i think he can be a good ENGINE to manyoo..

but the question is can we get him from valencia?

EZee

fantastic player... has been consistantly amongst the best performers in europe for the last 3 seasons...

he is the one player who i could see replacing keane and adding something to the midfield... our best chance of signing him is celta vigo finishing above valencia and claiming the last champions league slot in spain

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't see it happening as he's too old. We need someone in their early 20s to get in there and take over for a long stretch.

EZee

Originally posted by Raoul:
<strong>Can't see it happening as he's too old. We need someone in their early 20s to get in there and take over for a long stretch.</strong><hr></blockquote>

he is 27... Is that realy too old to be an integral part of the team for say 4 years?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He'd be 28 before he ever played for us. IMO thats really borderline. He could play 3 or 4 years, but then we'd be back to square one. I want someone who can last as long as Roy has.

EZee

<strong>He'd be 28 before he ever played for us. IMO thats really borderline. He could play 3 or 4 years, but then we'd be back to square one. I want someone who can last as long as Roy has.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah it would be nice top find somebody who could last as long as roy... but more importantly we need somebody at least as good as roy and imo Baraja is one of only a handfull of players who could actually enhance the centre of midfield for us... players like djemba may have potential for the future but can we afford for them to take a season or 2 to learn to play well in the CL?... in an ideal world baraja would be a couple of years younger but unfortunatley he isnt... however he is one of the best central midfielders in the world... but I doubt he will leave valencia unless they fail to get CL football

thumper

Its being reported in the irish Independant that we're looking at Nedved but Juve would want £25/£26million. He's 30 and I thought PK said they wouldn't spend the money now unless players were under 28?

rOnaldo[7]

i think fergie wanna buy him after euro 2000..too bad we miss out on him :( instead we spend 28m on veron..
dont think he want to leave Juve now since they are doing so well at the moment..unless SAF splash out an unreasonable 20m.. :eek:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Originally posted by thumper:
<strong>Its being reported in the irish Independant that we're looking at Nedved but Juve would want £25/£26million. He's 30 and I thought PK said they wouldn't spend the money now unless players were under 28?</strong><hr></blockquote>

99% of transfer rumours are complete bollocks. If thats true, then the Nedved rumours would make complete sense.

CremboMan

Wasting a lot of people’s time
<strong>He'd be 28 before he ever played for us. IMO thats really borderline. He could play 3 or 4 years, but then we'd be back to square one. I want someone who can last as long as Roy has.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Roy didn't last that much did he... beind in the army now and all that ;)

WeasteDevil

Originally posted by shakiraa:
<strong>what do you guys think of him..
he can be a succesor to keano if he move to CB..
he's a tough takler..can attack and defend..score crucial goals..good header..
and i think he's a box to box player..
i think he can be a good ENGINE to manyoo..

but the question is can we get him from valencia?</strong><hr></blockquote>

He would be excellent, and yes, he is box-to-box.

Yes, Valencia would sell for the correct money, but it wouldn't be cheap. One rumour going around between the Valencia supporters ATM however, is that Valencia are going to make a move for Verón, with Aimar being offered as part of the package.

The thinking behind this seems to be that Valencia really need a player like Verón, and they see us as really needing a player like Aimar. Whether anything comes of this is a different matter. :)

EZee

wait and see if they get CL football...

Lazio still owe them about 20 million for mendietta... and we know how hard it can be to get blood from a stone... if they do not get cl football I imagine every player will be available at the right price... aparently inter are after baraja though and of course cuper is his previous manager... to be honest Id be more than happy if we signed both Baraja and Amir both are quality players but IMO Baraja, Davids and Viera are the only players who could replace Keane in midfield if he moves to the back... and out of the 3 Baraja has the most complete game

manusteve

For feckssake, most players only play for a club for a few years. You think a central midfield player is to old at 27?

How many young central midfield enforcers can you think of in Europe? Gerard (Lpool), Thiago (Barca), Tainio (Auxerre), oh yes the list is endless!

manusteve

Originally posted by MrMarcello:
<strong>Bring in Baraja...he can play for 3 years and by that time, Fletcher will phase him out...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Fletcher's a playmaker, not an enforcer.

rOnaldo[7]

Originally posted by EZee:
<strong>wait and see if they get CL football...

Lazio still owe them about 20 million for mendietta... and we know how hard it can be to get blood from a stone... if they do not get cl football I imagine every player will be available at the right price... aparently inter are after baraja though and of course cuper is his previous manager... to be honest Id be more than happy if we signed both Baraja and Amir both are quality players but IMO Baraja, Davids and Viera are the only players who could replace Keane in midfield if he moves to the back... and out of the 3 Baraja has the most complete game</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah..i think he's better than vieri that he can score goals..
i heard valencia is gonna but Pires..so they mite accept a reasonable transfer fees..
;) ;)

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
<strong>

Maybe United can sign Aaron Downey or Tie Domi...they are enforcers...(American humor) :p </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hehe Downey would spend more time suspended than your average gooner ;)

yamo123x

real want baraja.and they've opened talks...but i still dont understand why becks was crying when he left the pitch yesterday,that's twice now emotional farewells.maybe he klnows something we dont.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Originally posted by manusteve:
<strong>

For feckssake, most players only play for a club for a few years. You think a central midfield player is to old at 27?

How many young central midfield enforcers can you think of in Europe? Gerard (Lpool), Thiago (Barca), Tainio (Auxerre), oh yes the list is endless!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Disagree. Look at our current midfield and tell me how many of them have been with the club for 'just a few years'. Their average tenure with the club is ten years (or so). We need younger players who can come in and replace the current squad without having to panic buy a Spaniard to replace Keano, who at 31 still has a couple of years of championship calibre football left in him.

mathiaslg

<strong>

Maybe United can sign Aaron Downey or Tie Domi...they are enforcers...(American humor) :p </strong><hr></blockquote>

Tie Domi is a class player ;)

hassan

i actually cant make up my mind about whether he would be a good buy for us or not, but i consider him to be the best spanish midfielder