Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

You have to wonder why nobody has snapped him up. If he was really available for under £40m surely if he's that good he'd have been taken ASAP.
Exactly the same can be said about Bissouma who Brighton would have apparently sold for around £40m.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Exactly the same can be said about Bissouma who Brighton would have apparently sold for around £40m.
And near enough every other player who hasn’t moved. The post-COVID market is still yet to be close to what it was before!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How many times is this going to get bumped without any link to us whatsoever :lol:

SATA

How many times is this going to get bumped without any link to us whatsoever :lol:
You’ll never know behind the scenes. No one knew Villa signed Ings until they officially announced it themselves. But then you could be right, United rarely make a signing which goes unnoticed before it really happens because we generate clicks

Jack-C20

Just registering my interest in this thread. Rumours have him as our third option but this is definitely the place to be in my opinion. Camavinga and Saul are the classic smokescreens!

peridigm

Just registering my interest in this thread. Rumours have him as our third option but this is definitely the place to be in my opinion. Camavinga and Saul are the classic smokescreens!
Eh? Our last smokescreen signing was Fred.

SATA

Are Wolves ready to sell if we want him? They are letting Adama off to Spurs too, aren’t they? I don’t think they will sell two important players at once from their first team

DavelinaJolie

Are Wolves ready to sell if we want him? They are letting Adama off to Spurs too, aren’t they? I don’t think they will sell two important players at once from their first team
I'd be surprised if they want to sell two of their best players in the last week of the window.

Frustrating though, as Neves is the one I really want Utd to go for

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair. I'm starting to think there is assets he can offer and improve in our midfield. It's his passing and long passing ability. I think the reason why the fans and manager like Ole or Jose initially want Pogba to play in deeper role due to his passing and long passing ability. If that's the reason then it makes sense we sign Ruben Neves. Neves has no physical, flair, and technical gifted anywhere near to Pogba's level but he is much much more discipline than Pogba which suits him to play in deeper role and we can release Pogba in advanced role. I see him like Jorginho.

11reds

Anyone thinking United might leave tomorrow's game pass and make late bid for Neves. Given the Portuguese links at the club he could slot in very well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I thought wolves played well - but I've not been that wowed by Neves. Seems an okay player but not great.

I feel that some people will say he is good because wolves played well.

davidmichael

In a double pivot Neves for us would be no different to playing Pogba there, it’s the Hollywood balls and being ‘Pirlo lite’ that makes people want him but he’s much slower and much less athletic than Pogba whilst being not really any better passing wise.

flappyjay

In a double pivot Neves for us would be no different to playing Pogba there, it’s the Hollywood balls and being ‘Pirlo lite’ that makes people want him but he’s much slower and much less athletic than Pogba whilst being not really any better passing wise.
He does not have to be fast as he knows where to be. He is a dm.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Been saying this Neves is overrated. Except for some occasional wonder goals, he is not that good. Would rather stick with Matic for now.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Been saying this Neves is overrated. Except for some occasional wonder goals, he is not that good. Would rather stick with Matic for now.
Wolves dominated our midfield mate and that was mainly cause of him. If he was swapped and Fred played for Wolves that game we would’ve won it much easier

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wolves dominated our midfield mate and that was mainly cause of him. If he was swapped and Fred played for Wolves that game we would’ve won it much easier
Wolves dominated us completely and not just midfield. That's on Ole. Not on one player.

Giggsforever

He wa great today, bossed the midfield. Energy, leadership, good with the ball under pressure and in tight spaces and great forward passes. Just the dm we need to be more cohesive and progressive.

Red Stone

Having someone that understands the game and can reliably move himself and the ball to the right place is automatically a massive upgrade on Fred. Preferrably we'd get someone a bit more dynamic with the same skill set, but Fred's dynamic and I'll take intelligence over whatever Fred is every day of the week. Our midfield is completely incapable of taking control of a game at the moment.

DSG

This is a joke. Were you watching the match? Three giveaways by Neves, his one chance he hit straight at DeGea. The chances Wolves created had nothing to do with the midfield. Not saying that our midfield was great, we weren’t, and Fred was bad at times, but to claim our midfield was dominated is just plain crap.

By the way, more convinced than ever that Neves is not the answer. He’s less positionally naive than Pogba, but you still need to pair him with a ball winner. If you can’t play him with Pogba, what’s the point?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was more impressed by Trincao than Neves.

Our midfield was weak rather than they midfield being good.

Mctominay and Fred would have shut their attack down.

PoTMS

Carrick regen. We suddenly found £££ to accommodate Ronaldo. We need a player like Neves. Easiest decision to make this season for Ed Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.