Rui Costa.

ricardinho

Is retiring from football,tomorrow is his last game.
one of the best players of his generation and a true gentleman.

ricardinho

Good player. Though I never rated him along the top top quality players tbh.
for three or four years he was considered the best midfielder in Italy and this was when Zidane was playing at Juve.

francobaresi

i agree that hes underrated probably cause his best years were spent at Fiorentina instead of a big european club.
Yeah true. I've not seen many players who looked so comfortable on the ball as this guy. Always made it look so easy

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
He looked like he was half asleep when he was playing - that's how calm he is. Pretty quiet person so he never really had a big profile.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I forgot about this guy. Great player but I always thought he was a notch behind the likes of Figo or Zidane.

Sam

I think this will be my defining memory of Rui Costa, broke mine, and a Nations, heart...

I'll never forget the game, mind, it was absolutely brilliant.

ricardinho

I think this will be my defining memory of Rui Costa, broke mine, and a Nations, heart...

I'll never forget the game, mind, it was absolutely brilliant.
that game was classic,when the game was over i was more tired from watching the game than the players on the pitch.
the last three or so games between Portugal and England were always dramatic ones.

Erics_Collar

Great, great player. Was able to do marvellous things with the ball while still managing to look like he couldn't care less. Was always better than Figo IMO.

Longlivekeano

Part of the Portugese Golden Generation which also included the likes of Luis Figo, Jao Pinto, Sergio Conceicao, Nuno Gomez, Paulo Bento...one by one, they are retiring. Mind you, United seem to be getting the cream of the crop of the new Portugese 2K golden generation

ricardinho

I remember Sousa. He and Deschamps joined Juventus at the same time I think. Deschamps outlasted him there but I thought Sousa was probably the better player. Very good passer. Shame his career was ruined by injuries.
his peak was at Juve but like you said injuries ruined althoug he still manage to be european champion at Dortmund but he wasnt the same player.

ricardinho

Part of the Portugese Golden Generation which also included the likes of Luis Figo, Jao Pinto, Sergio Conceicao, Nuno Gomez, Paulo Bento...one by one, they are retiring. Mind you, United seem to be getting the cream of the crop of the new Portugese 2K golden generation
its good for United and great for the players that they go to big clum like United.