Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

RedDevilQuebecois

Just saw a poll where low IQ Herschel is trailing Warnock by 5. Not sure if that will hold, but encouraging.
All we need now is Warnock to demolish him in a debate.

Back on topic, Transnistria could become a problem if something pops up there as Moldova just does not have the resources to contain nor counter the enemy's shenanigans. What would be the options for both Moldova and NATO in that potential scenario? We cannot let that pro-Russia enclave open a new front against Ukraine, but we also cannot let it destabilize Moldova either.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

I believe the only two Europeans left to visit Ukraine are Macron and Scholz.

Simbo

Wind the clock back to what we knew and expected 75 days ago, incredible that Kharkiv has held.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

I believe the only two Europeans left to visit Ukraine are Macron and Scholz.
This Tweet is a bit ignoring several visits by members of the parliament ( and a few days ago even the president of the parliament), so it should better say the German government is back.

I know this sounds a bit nitpicky, but I think it's important because the Bundeswehr gets it's mission orders from the parliament, not from the government in Germany.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This Tweet is a bit ignoring several visits by members of the parliament ( and a few days ago even the president of the parliament), so it should better say the German government is back.

I know this sounds a bit nitpicky, but I think it's important because the Bundeswehr gets it's mission orders from the parliament, not from the government in Germany.
I think that's indeed a bit too nitpicky, since the government are the ones setting the agenda, both in terms of policy and in terms of public discourse. So naturally they are the most important people to travel to Ukraine. And I really don't understand how this is anything but a terrible look for Scholz.
It strengthens the impression that it's actually the greens, who are finding pragmatic solutions, while Scholz and his party have their priorities wrong and waste time.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
And I really don't understand how this is anything but a terrible look for Scholz.
It strengthens the impression that it's actually the greens, who are finding pragmatic solutions, while Scholz and his party have their priorities wrong and waste time.
I think we can all agree that's not an impression but just a fact?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think we can all agree that's not an impression but just a fact?
Sure, we can also call it a fact. Which is why I don't understand why Scholz would allow for Baerbock to be there instead of him.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
All we need now is Warnock to demolish him in a debate.

Back on topic, Transnistria could become a problem if something pops up there as Moldova just does not have the resources to contain not counter the enemy's shenanigans. What would be the options for both Moldova and NATO in that potential scenario? We cannot let that pro-Russia enclave open a new front against Ukraine, but we also cannot let it destabilize Moldova either.
The Russian troops in Transnistria are apparently not much more than security guards - very low grade - and incapable of mounting any kind of proper offensive either west of east.

"Arty Green", the Ukrainian officer on the Donbas front line who comes across as very capable and level-headed, said in one of his recent video interviews that Ukraine could take all of Transnistria in 1 - 2 days if Moldova asked them to.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Sure, we can also call it a fact. Which is why I don't understand why Scholz would allow for Baerbock to be there instead of him.
Maybe he didn't have a choice. If Baerbock simply said "I'm going there, like it or not", Scholz is hardly in a position to sack her for that.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
According to this guy, the fly-past in Russia's May 9th Victory Parade was not cancelled because of bad weather (the official explanation), but cancelled instead because of sabotage: a 2nd fire at the Perm aviation facility - the staging area for Mig-31s and Mig-25 PUs. The MIg-31s were supposed to accompany the "Doomsday Plane" in the fly-past: