Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

DouLou

Been caught pooping
This quote isn’t in the video, at least, not fully — she says “these people… and they’re not even people anymore”.

The general sentiment is correct though, she was a horrific human being.
Is there any examples of her out there being pro-war/anti-ukraine/an all round shit? The tweet "mistranslation" annoys me because whilst I would like to believe she was a horrible person, they shouldn't need to lie to paint her a villain.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is there any examples of her out there being pro-war/anti-ukraine/an all round shit? The tweet "mistranslation" annoys me because whilst I would like to believe she was a horrible person, they shouldn't need to lie to paint her a villain.
She visited Mariupol after the Russians took control over it and took a selfie.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Interesting that the UK MoD official Twitter account is name-checking Girkin.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Tons. She regularly appeared on Russian television, federal channels, RT & the likes, she worked as her father’s spokesperson (and he is a fascist panrussian “philosopher”), she had a telegram channel with an inconspicuous letter “Z” in its name with tons of pro-War/anti-Ukrainian stuff posted there.

frostbite

The most logical explanation would be provocation — to blame Ukrainians for it in order to justify… mobilization perhaps? Or simply to keep public in high alert.
Erdogan used a coup against him to eliminate all opposition and jail a lot of high profile critics.

This is a tactic often used by autocrats. Their police can easily plan evidence against whoever they want to prosecute and the public often accepts it.

harms

Staff
Erdogan used a coup against him to eliminate all opposition and jail a lot of high profile critics.

This is a tactic often used by autocrats. Their police can easily plan evidence against whoever they want to prosecute and the public often accepts it.
Putin doesn’t need any excuse to murder or imprison his critics, he does that regularly.

We’ll see how this plays out, I guess.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Back to the actual war, Ukraine keeps getting more and more modern western equipment. Small detail that appeared in the list of to be delivered weapons by the German government: For the first time 255 "Vulcano" rounds were announced, which can be used by NATO-standard 155mm artillery. This is a GPS-guided ammunition with a firing range of up to 80km (so it's a bit weaker, but has a far longer range than the M982 Excalibur) and therefore enables Ukrainian artillery to strike even deeper behind the lines.

This is a direct delivery by the industry, not even the Bundeswehr has purchased these so far.

Carolina Red

Staff
Back to the actual war, Ukraine keeps getting more and more modern western equipment. Small detail that appeared in the list of to be delivered weapons by the German government: For the first time 255 "Vulcano" rounds were announced, which can be used by NATO-standard 155mm artillery. This is a GPS-guided ammunition with a firing range of up to 80km (so it's a bit weaker, but has a far longer range than the M982 Excalibur) and therefore enables Ukrainian artillery to strike even deeper behind the lines.

This is a direct delivery by the industry, not even the Bundeswehr has purchased these so far.
Now that is quite the development.

While 255 shells might seem a small number, the fact that they are made to be accurate to 1 meter is a game changer if you can get within range.

the hea

Now that is quite the development.

While 255 shells might seem a small number, the fact that they are made to be accurate to 1 meter is a game changer if you can get within range.
Excalibur and Vulcano rounds are not quite as accurate as 1 meter, they are still very accurate rounds, especially considering their range.

According to BAE Systems the official accuracy fot the Excalibur is a CEP <20 meters but from my understanding the US army has it closer to 5 meters based on their experience in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The official numbers for the Vulcano is a CEP <5 meters using only the GPS mode and <3 meters using the laser guidance fuze. Using the laser guidance fuze will of course require forward observers, painting the target.

Still, both type of rounds are some of the most accurate artillery rounds produced today and will certainly make a difference.

Carolina Red

Staff
Excalibur and Vulcano rounds are not quite as accurate as 1 meter, they are still very accurate rounds, especially considering their range.

According to BAE Systems the official accuracy fot the Excalibur is a CEP <20 meters but from my understanding the US army has it closer to 5 meters based on their experience in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The official numbers for the Vulcano is a CEP <5 meters using only the GPS mode and <3 meters using the laser guidance fuze. Using the laser guidance fuze will of course require forward observers, painting the target.

Still, both type of rounds are some of the most accurate artillery rounds produced today and will certainly make a difference.
Ah you’re right - I’d misread a report on the testing of the round saying that it had “metric” accuracy at 70km as saying it had accuracy to 1 meter at that range.

The other stuff I’m seeing is 5m to “less than 5m”.

But still, yes… you’ll not be able to tell much difference when a 155mm shell hits at 3m or 5m from its target.

Eurotrash

An actual armed resistance within Russia is absolutely massive if it indeed manages to take off.
It would be indeed. Proponents of Putin’s authoritarian regime like to talk about the ”law and order” it provides. Stuff happening in Moscow would threaten Putin’s position morethan anything else.

dove

Case closed. They can't even be bothered to do the fake apartment raids anymore, just create a story and move on.

harms

Staff
Case closed. They can't even be bothered to do the fake apartment raids anymore, just create a story and move on.
I laughed out loud when I saw the news. What's that, less than 24 hours?
Hopefully they'll solve Nemtsov's murder next.

frostbite

I laughed out loud when I saw the news. What's that, less than 24 hours?
Hopefully they'll solve Nemtsov's murder next.
Isn't it obvious that the Ukrainian secret services murdered Nemtsov, too???

What should this nice fella Putin do about it??? He has to do something, of course...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
An actual armed resistance within Russia is absolutely massive if it indeed manages to take off.
Don't be surprised if one takes flight. They are getting hammered economically to where it will be hard to keep the people content with increasingly scare money and resources.