Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

frostbite

Both are playing on a misinterpretation of the purpose of intelligence. Its not meant to be a crystal ball for politicians. Rather its meant to inform of present conditions on the ground so policy makers can make choices based on near real time events.
True. And I don't think that CIA (or any other organization) is monolithic, as in "CIA says this". They have multiple analysts who don't always agree. I am sure that they present a more complicated analysis to the politicians than these tweets imply.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
In addition to Elon, I've seen a lot of other tech bros expressing concerns about the war and essentially advocating for appeasement because they, like Elon, thought about the issue for five minutes and now have some very valuable Thoughts™. Silicon Valley is basically Mos Eisley. Just full of the worst human beings (well, outside of actual war criminals, etc.), and it's only getting worse.

WPMUFC

In addition to Elon, I've seen a lot of other tech bros expressing concerns about the war and essentially advocating for appeasement because they, like Elon, thought about the issue for five minutes and now have some very valuable Thoughts™. Silicon Valley is basically Mos Eisley. Just full of the worst human beings (well, outside of actual war criminals, etc.), and it's only getting worse.
Silicon Valley is essentially a regional cult hub where people get given millions in venture capital to cos-play as steve jobs. The level of narcissism becoming so high that they not only believe they are deities but have the ability to put their deity "intellect" to any problem. The likes of Musk and tech-bro's actually having a policy say over geo-politics would've seen us in a nuclear exchange long ago.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Uh oh...

Seems a fuel car is on fire for unknown reasons.

Silicon Valley is essentially a regional cult hub where people get given millions in venture capital to cos-play as steve jobs. The level of narcissism becoming so high that they not only believe they are deities but have the ability to put their deity "intellect" to any problem. The likes of Musk and tech-bro's actually having a policy say over geo-politics would've seen us in a nuclear exchange long ago.
Yeah, they need to keep their collective narcissistic personality disorder within the confines of Silicon Valley and stop spreading it elsewhere.. They're almost all some Ayn Rand John Galt weirdos who believe that their "expertise" in their field translates to every other field. With crypto, NFTs, and the metaverse crap, Silicon Valley is now like 90% scams instead of creating anything productive.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

:drool: Whether this was intentional by the Ukrainians or some sheer dumb luck, it's very good news.

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Has anyone seen any videos to confirm if it was a missile strike or a bomb? Or something else?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It would take a massive drone to be able to carry the payload required to take out a bridge.
Even those massive drones? I suppose those aren't for remote detonation, I can't say I'm very familiar with explosive weights.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Looks like they'll need to hit the rail bridge again to take it out more permanently.

the hea

Even those massive drones? I suppose those aren't for remote detonation, I can't say I'm very familiar with explosive weights.
Ukraine have been hammering the Antonovkiy bridge in Kherson With Himars rockets and artillery for a long time and although the bridge is heavily damaged it's still standing.
I don't know what amount of explosives is needed to cause the damage we are seeing here but I doubt any commercial drones would be able to carry the payload required.

Simbo

Here we goooo! On his birthday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crimeanbridgecowndown website is overloaded :lol:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Ukraine have been hammering the Antonovkiy bridge in Kherson With Himars rockets and artillery for a long time and although the bridge is heavily damaged it's still standing.
I don't know what amount of explosives is needed to cause the damage we are seeing here but I doubt any commercial drones would be able to carry the payload required.
There have been rumours for a while that the Crimea bridge, like the Russian army, was shoddily built at the cheapest cost possible, and subject to large amounts of fraud and siphoning off of money. That said, I’d still agree that I would take a huge detonation to do that damage, and very likely needed to be in a specific weak point in the structure. All of which implies a planted explosive to me.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I thought they would try to destroy the rail bridge without destroying the car bridge, to stop war supplies from coming in while allowing people and soldiers to flee. Russia moves all its supplies by rail, so taking it out would be effective.

But it looks more like they went after the car bridge, and the rail bridge is more incidental. I can only assume they’re going to go after both.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Unconfirmed video. Sound like incoming fire?

Light posts are identical.

Simbo

This is reassuring, I was starting to think Putin had managed to buy the 2nd richest man alive.

Rajma

I thought they would try to destroy the rail bridge without destroying the car bridge, to stop war supplies from coming in while allowing people and soldiers to flee. Russia moves all its supplies by rail, so taking it out would be effective.

But it looks more like they went after the car bridge, and the rail bridge is more incidental. I can only assume they’re going to go after both.
I think at this point it’s more of a psychological attack to seed the panic among Russian troops and collaborators further in the Kherson/Crimea/Zaporyzhia.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I see photos of the sunrise while it burns, so I think this is it, has the arches too.

Simbo

Its a big explosion(s?) but consistent with the detonations at sake airbase that were confirmed to be missiles. It was speculated those hit ammo dumps but I'd wager Ukraine has something long range that packs a punch.