Russian Premier League to stream matches (in English) on YouTube

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Are there some Russian clubs from the east coast?

Maybe better to join Japan or Korea leagues.

Also, nice of rpl_en.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The theme tune to Happy Days began playing inside my head almost immediately upon hearing this news.

Drz

Cool. I am thinking soon enough a leagues will follow suit in some way shape or form.
I certainly hope so. Missed the last game live and will miss the next one too because of stupid french tv rights bs... Really wished I had pay-per-view for football.

SuperiorXI

I certainly hope so. Missed the last game live and will miss the next one too because of stupid french tv rights bs... Really wished I had pay-per-view for football.
It is surprising, surely they would make a feck ton more if they offered an online pay per view service.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's great. There are some Icelandic players in that league that I'd like to watch. One of our up and coming stars plays for CSKA.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
That's great. There are some Icelandic players in that league that I'd like to watch. One of our up and coming stars plays for CSKA.
I remember seeing him in the early European rounds. Can't remember which tournament :lol:

But yeah, first stream kicks off at 8:25 & the match kicks off at 8:30. Ural vs Zenit. Stream is here.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Russian Premier Liga: Hi guys! We have some problem with a signal and try to fix it. Sorry for inconvenience, we are just testing our streams

Do they not know how the internet works in Russia? :boring:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Are there some Russian clubs from the east coast?

Maybe better to join Japan or Korea leagues.

Also, nice of rpl_en.
I think Wladiwostok got promoted into the first league a couple of years ago which was quite a logistical problem. Think they had combined away trips to multiple Western teams.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Nice one. Enjoyed the football and kick off times when ESPN showed it in the UK a few years ago.

NYAS

Thank for this, just finished watching Ural v Zenit since I had nothing else to do at this time of day :lol:. Decent game

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Thank for this, just finished watching Ural v Zenit since I had nothing else to do at this time of day :lol:. Decent game
Same :D Next game is FC Arsenal Tula vs CSKA Moscow in 20 minutes.

... Wait, FC Arsenal? :confused: Is this like the warm up for the derby?

NYAS

Same :D Next game is FC Arsenal Tula vs CSKA Moscow in 20 minutes.

... Wait, FC Arsenal? :confused: Is this like the warm up for the derby?
That’s a step too far even for me :lol: need to eat and train before the NLD and only got an hour left so won’t be able to watch that one.

I don’t see this lasting though, I wonder what their motivation is for doing it? Are the league going to get more revenue from advertising via YouTube than from selling broadcasting rights? It’s different from negotiating deals to stream on Facebook or DAZN or some other platform because we as a consumer usually have to pay for those services, but this is completely free. As I said I don’t think it’ll be a long-term thing, they might just be testing the waters.

No commentary for Arsenal-CSKA?
There wasn’t any commentary at all for the earlier game either. All you could hear were the drums in the crowd and the ball being kicked.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
So, has anyone been watching? CSKA Moscow vs Rubin Kazan is on in an hour. Should be a good game.

Chipper

Adulterer.
So they'll still be playing when the 3pm kick offs start? Kind of surprised the authorities haven't sought to envoke the 3pm blackout thing and ask for some sort of geo-lock on UK ISPs.

Not that I think literally anyone is going to stay at home to watch the end of CSKA vs. Rubin Kazan rather than go and see their team play, but it's the English footballing authorities we're talking about here. Hopefully they don't read this and get the idea. :nervous:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe they just don't see it as a threat :D Either way, free football always works for me.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think Wladiwostok got promoted into the first league a couple of years ago which was quite a logistical problem. Think they had combined away trips to multiple Western teams.
Could you imagine if they got into EL or CL?

Thursday night trip to the far east!