Ruud Van Nistelrooy

RedFish

Great player he seemed to score almost every week.

I still remember his fallout with the club though (being dropped due to attitude etc) and his move to Madrid for peanuts didn’t help, top player but he tarnished his reputation near the end.

If he did in the eyes of some, I think he more than repaired that by the determination to repair his relationship with SAF and the club. He more than made up IMO.

ekestubbe

Seeing this thread updated made me feel nostalgic so I decided to look for some goal compilations. I hope others enjoy.

all manchester united goals
all real madrid goals
I watched the first ten minutes or so of the first video, and I gotta admit that there's a surprisingly big amount of easy goals. In fact most of those goals seem to be from tap ins or huge defensive blunders. I was actually more impressed by the amazing delivery from Giggs, Scholes, Beckham etc.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
More clinical then both Rooney and RVP I think. I don't remember a United forward more clinical than Ruud.
Solskjaer was even more clinical. Ruud was obviously better at actually getting into position to give himself the opportunity, but if I had to put money on somebody finishing a chance it would be Solskjaer every time. Ruud was a close second, well ahead of everyone else we've had the last 25 years or so I've been watching. Maybe Ronaldo also up there if we only count his last two years with us.

204Red

One of the clips in the Fergie thread he mentions there was a player once who said Rooney and Ronaldo weren't good enough and he didn't want to wait around until they were. Ruud?
The dingbat would have only had to wait a season longer