Ryan Giggs' £2million mansion vandalized by graffiti artists

togg

How much moralizing does a manager do as part of his job? Do you think managers regularly give speeches to their players on the importance of being a good husband?

Can you imagine a huge call for Fergie to be sacked ten years ago if it had transpired that he'd done something comparable?

"He's the best manager in the world, and it would hit the club hard if we let him go - but, yes, we have to do it. On moral grounds."

Sounds like something your average football fan would say - right?

How many of the people now in favour of hiring Mourinho would change their stance if it turned out he had done something comparable?
well...to be fair, Ferguson did (moralise is probably too strong a word) share his pearls of wisdom of an attitude needed to gain success to his younger players yes. His general feeling was a sense of discipline, on and of the field. I think most of his teams listened to him and certainly they were successful. However, your other point, I think if it had come out that Fergie had been shagging his brothers wife for 8 years, yeah I think United could very well have sacked him, much as they did to Tommy Docherty. No he wasn't as successful although very popular, but as a club they felt honoured bound to get rid of him.

Anyway, granted - it's pointless argument really since it didn't happen and we have no way of knowing how the club would have reacted

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
You'd think he'd have learned after the fiasco(s) with Imogen Thomas and Natasha Giggs.

I wonder if he realises that without the career, he'd have been as attractive as bacon at a Muslim bbq.

krazyrobus

I will never understand why pro athletes bother getting married. Given the nature of their jobs.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Mensah was all over the papers recently for sexting models and begging them for threesomes.

Fergie would have gone apeshit and hit the roof. Mensah would have listened and learned.

Now, imagine Giggs is the manager and a similar situation crops up... What's he gonna say and how do you take him seriously?

Steven Seagull

Mensah was all over the papers recently for sexting models and begging them for threesomes.

Fergie would have gone apeshit and hit the roof. Mensah would have listened and learned.

Now, imagine Giggs is the manager and a similar situation crops up... What's he gonna say and how do you take him seriously?
Now that's a totally new angle on things that I don't think has been thought of. What do you think???

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Kids whatever you do, don't get caught. You don't want to clean graffiti from your wall

clarkydaz

if Mensah is young and single(?) then that's nobodys business really

SirAF

Ageist
That was a bit different. Docherty was screwing the physio's wife - obviously they couldn't work together after that and it would have been disgusting to sack the physio when Docherty was the one in the wrong.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Giggs is going to give him some pretty fecking great advice on how to get laid. Happy players, happy team, titles. Dilly ding, dilly dong!

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Giigs would probably sit them down and give sound advice on how to not get caught. They'll learn from his mistakes, just like he will....eventually....maybe.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
There's a difference between immoral behaviour (a flimsy category to begin with) and actions that are either illegal or otherwise detrimental to the club. It isn't, or shouldn't be, more complicated than that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The revelations should not affect Giggs involvement with the club. But you have to question the judgement of someone that sleeps with his brothers wife for 8 years.

cyberman

I have no respect for the man. I don't care what he's done with a ball at his feet.

Dobbs

Giggs did all this stuff playing for Fergie.

No manager can control the sex life of a player.

itso 7

The revelations should not affect Giggs involvement with the club. But you have to question the judgement of someone that sleeps with his brothers wife for 8 years.
Given the role he is being positioned to take don't you find it prudent to assess his promotion prospects based on the questionable judgement he has exhibited?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Given the role he is being positioned to take don't you find it prudent to assess his promotion prospects based on the questionable judgement he has exhibited?
On one hand yes. But I'm not sure what priority that would be given to in assessment of a football manager.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

"Super-injunctions are a waste of time and money."

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Otherwise, a summary of the press article below

But it has now emerged that his wife now wants a divorce, and he stands to lose half his £40million fortune.