Sadio Mane | LFC Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Southampton resigned to departure of Sadio Mane

Southampton are resigned to striker Sadio Mane leaving the club in the near future. Chairman Ralph Krueger says the club know that while they remain outside the main throng of sides in the Premier League they will continue to be prayed upon by the likes of Manchester United.

Krueger says Southampton appreciate that despite their meteoric rise under Ronald Koeman, they are not yet among the first tier of clubs in the English top flight and are therefore content with their role of supplementing their lofty rivals. "I believe that things are going to happen for a reason and at the moment [Mane] is very, very strong for us and the goal over time is this is the final destination," the Canadian owner said to the Leaders in Sport Business Summit.

"Maybe it isn't for players but we're moving towards that and we still understand where we sit in the whole balance of English football and we respect that. We're working hard at every level to ensure we are the final destination but we have to earn that."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...hampton-resigned-departure-sadio-mane-1522961

Ronald Koeman admits Southampton will struggle to hold on to Manchester United target Sadio Mane

Koeman admitted: “Ok, maybe one day we will lose Mane but then we have to be prepared.

“You know in our situation that kind of players if they play like today there will come a lot of interest in the end of the season, but now we enjoy watching Mane in our team.”

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/sa..._fans_to_enjoy_Mane_while_he_s_a_Saints_star/

MDFC Manager

Wouldn't be surprised if we're trying to already negotiate a deal for next summer.

RRCE

I think he'd be a wonderful addition to the club. His movement, work rate and pace are wonderful. He's two footed, has a trick or two and can play anywhere across the front line. He's a real handful for defenders. He could be a very nice partner for Martial. I suspect we'll make an effort to bring him over in January, but will likely need to wait until the summer.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If we think he's the one we should do it in January and loan Southampton a player if needs be to help them. If we buy no one else - we'll need a huge amount of luck to do anything great this season

Ringo 07

Should be an option in Jan.
There's absolutely no chance he will be arriving in January. Southampton under no terms sell their best players mid-season. Last December all the muppets were saying we should buy Schneiderlin and Wanyama in January but obviously Southampton laughed at that.....But next summer for sure there's a wonderful chance we can get him but Mourinho likes to buy whoever we are interested in so I'm sure he will be making an offer also and London could appeal more to a player who lives close by in Southampton

Devil may care

I think the Chelsea performance has led to him becoming a bit overhyped, it definitely sounds like Southampton are hoping to make him their next big profit though.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I think the Chelsea performance has led to him becoming a bit overhyped, it definitely sounds like Southampton are hoping to make him their next big profit though.
I think it's just led to him getting a bit more recognition rather than hype.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why's that? Jesus
I don't agree with the timing and the frequency. I am Nigerian and I can tell you it's no longer taken seriously in those parts. The players now see it as some kind of a chore.

Oo0AahCantona

Honestly think he would be a great addition for january, help boost the season run in and wont be champions league cup tied should we hopefully reach the latter stages, where we need as much pace as humanly possible to excell in our system.

|Neo|x

I love how direct he is, could be perfect for our right wing if we're looking into moving Mata back into a central role.

Would be interested to see what people value him around?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I love how direct he is, could be perfect for our right wing if we're looking into moving Mata back into a central role.

Would be interested to see what people value him around?
nothing less than £35m

Red_toad

It went from the vast majority not wanting him in the summer to "Get him in January and we'll win the league" posts on the Caf.
Did it really, don't think I saw any posts like that! But then again I don't spend as much time on here as you do.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If Mane becomes first choice, right winger, and Mata moves to the No.10 role.
What about Rooney?

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't agree with the timing and the frequency. I am Nigerian and I can tell you it's no longer taken seriously in those parts. The players now see it as some kind of a chore.
The tournament has been in existence since 1957 at the same time of the year each time. Why should they change it to cater to Europeans?

Last edited:

AkaAkuma

It went from the vast majority not wanting him in the summer to "Get him in January and we'll win the league" posts on the Caf.
Group think at its best.

Martin's Indi will be the solution for our defense in 6 months.

ricky-romeo

will add a new dimension to our attack. plenty of pace but also play with his heads up meaning he is a very productive player.

can't see this happening in january though, as much as i would like to see him coming sooner.

Dante

Average bang
Good player, but I can't help feeling he needs space to thrive in. We wouldn't be able to give him that.

On the other hand, he could be the Di Maria-esque individual LvG is after. I see a lot of similarities. I'm doubtful it would work, but perhaps the manager has a vision.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I think he's just the kind of player we need to sign in January. He can play in a number of different positions and he'd bring that exciting attacking edge in the second half of the season and freshen things up.

I'm not sure we'll get a deal done in January as its notoriously difficult but we should at least test the waters.

Ringo 07

Unless Januzaj suddenly turns into the most feared young winger in Europe at Dortmund this season then I think Mane with his pace and sort of goal threat would be a decent addition......and wouldn't cost insane money......shame about losing him for the 6 weeks every 2 years to the African cup thing though

Bwuk

Good player, but I can't help feeling he needs space to thrive in. We wouldn't be able to give him that.

On the other hand, he could be the Di Maria-esque individual LvG is after. I see a lot of similarities. I'm doubtful it would work, but perhaps the manager has a vision.
That's exactly what I think. Memphis isn't slow for example, but the way we played he's crowded and never gets to run at full pelt.

Looks brilliant whenever I see him for Southampton though, and would be happy to be proven wrong.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja

I know what you mean. A lot of his good work seemingly comes when teams are aggressively trying to win the ball back and he's able to turn defenders or run in behind, I'm not sure how he'd fair against a parked bus.

Dante

Average bang
Exactly. His two most notable performances this season were against Chelsea and United. In both cases Southampton were playing on the counter.

I'm not a good enough scout to predict how that will translate to playing for team like ours, but my instincts tell me he'll be nowhere near the same player.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Exactly. His two most notable performances this season were against Chelsea and United. In both cases Southampton were playing on the counter.

I'm not a good enough scout to predict how that will translate to playing for team like ours, but my instincts tell me he'll be nowhere near the same player.
His skillset tells you he could deal with a packed defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.