Saka vs Foden vs Palmer

Zed is not dead

Ok last bump thread.

Yesterday was the typical example of failing to have a decisive game when it truly matters for both of them. These are the kind of nights where you need to step up if you want to be among the greats

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ok last bump thread.

Yesterday was the typical example of failing to have a decisive game when it truly matters for both of them. These are the kind of nights where you need to step up if you want to be among the greats
Aye, every player listed in the greats delivered in every high profile game they ever played in, by the time they were 24

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ok last bump thread.

Saka is 22, Foden is 23. How many greats were decisive in game of this magnitude all the time?

Also Foden has consistently delivered at highest level, Saka too but not many trophies to show for.

Zed is not dead

Well tonight was the kind of night where they had to deliver if they want to be considered more than just good PL players, which is what they are so far.
Foden has only started to have more impact during important games this season.

To me delivering consistently means being great against the odds, relieving your team in a high stake game when you didn’t think you could win it anymore.

They’re not big game players yet, and until they are, they fall into the same category as Ibrahimovic for instance. Consistent but tends to disappear when it actually truly matters

roonster09

Scout
Well tonight was the kind of night where they had to deliver if they want to be considered more than just good PL players, which is what they are so far.

To me delivering consistently means being great against the odds, relieving your team in a high stake game when you didn’t think you could win it anymore.

They’re not big game players yet, and until they are, they fall into the same category as Ibrahimovic for instance. Consistent but tends to disappear when it actually truly matters
This is football, you can't win every game and every trophy.

All the great players from past didn't win every single game or had impact in every big game. Bit of realistic expectations would help here.

Zed is not dead

This is football, you can't win every game and every trophy.

All the great players from past didn't win every single game or had impact in every big game. Bit of realistic expectations would help here.
You missed my point entirely.

Im saying you have to have at least « one of those nights » which Im sorry to say Ive never seen either of them have. It’s a realistic expectations when words like « generational talent » are being thrown around all the time

roonster09

Scout
You missed my point entirely.

Im saying you have to have at least « one of those nights » which Im sorry to say Ive never seen either of them have. It’s a realistic expectations when words like « generational talent » are being thrown around all the time
What one of those nights? Scoring Hattrick against your rivals in a derby doesn't count?

Scoring vs Madrid to bring them back into the tie doesn't count? He scored in semi finals first leg too couple of seasons ago.

Last season Saka scored vs ManUtd(2), Liverpool (2), City,
This season - Bayern, Liverpool.

Its not just his goals, his work rate and general play is very good and very consistent.

This rating of players based on one game is just illogical.

Walters_19_MuFc

What players are consistent and show up 'when it actually matters'?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think Palmer has a legitimate claim to being a starting XI for England

And you simply tell Saka and Foden to duke it out

Southgate gets a lot of underserved flack, but he doesn't have the tactical guile to appreciate Palmer (and I'm not talking about his goals)