Sam Johnstone

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's a weird one, every time i see him he's either brilliant or an utter shambles, no middle ground!

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
He can’t be any worse than Pickford, surely?

Southgate, sign him up!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Didn't flinch at Anfield unlike all other keepers in the past couple of years. Fair fecks

Nero

Usually saves his best game for us, like most ex United keepers. Good to see it working the other way.

Foxbatt

How good is he? He seems to be a calm chap. Is he better than Henderson?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That save in the last minute to stop us all having that inevitable sickening feeling was a thing of beauty.

Alive and Kicking

That save in the last minute to stop us all having that inevitable sickening feeling was a thing of beauty.
Absolutely. ''Last gasp Firmino winner in front of the Kop!'' would have been a machete stab to the gut. Beautiful

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely. ''Last gasp Firmino winner in front of the Kop!'' would have been a machete stab to the gut. Beautiful
I'd put the game on for the last 10, knowing it usually ends in a gut wrenching ill deserved late winner.

For it not to for once was magnificent.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Dark horse to go to the euros? Been excellent every time I’ve seen him (all 3 times :lol:)
He can't pass or come off his line but he's a good shot stopper. Realistically could be in with a shout for a backup role in the squad at the moment - for me the obvious choice as number 1 is Pope. McCarthy, Pickford, and Johnstone should all be vying for the next spots.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He can't pass or come off his line but he's a good shot stopper. Realistically could be in with a shout for a backup role in the squad at the moment - for me the obvious choice as number 1 is Pope. McCarthy, Pickford, and Johnstone should all be vying for the next spots.
Henderson?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
McCarthy? He's bang average, I'd take Heaton over him any day.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
McCarthy? He's bang average, I'd take Heaton over him any day.
Really?? Heaton is past it IMO, he's not even close to displacing Martinez at Villa. McCarthy isn't some sort of revelatory talent but for me I'd have him over current Heaton 10 times out of 10.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Really?? Heaton is past it IMO, he's not even close to displacing Martinez at Villa. McCarthy isn't some sort of revelatory talent but for me I'd have him over current Heaton 10 times out of 10.
I don't think Heaton's played for a year so I don't know what "current Heaton" means but he's been a much better keeper than McCarthy for a long time.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don't think Heaton's played for a year so I don't know what "current Heaton" means but he's been a much better keeper than McCarthy for a long time.
You can't just ignore the last 12 months. McCarthy is probably the most improved keeper in the league and playing week in week out in an impressive Southampton side. Heaton is benchwarming at Villa and hasn't a hope of displacing Martinez any time soon. He can forget about the euros and think how best he can get his career back on track

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Being linked with a return in tomorrow's papers, could be a good option as number 2 if both De Gea and Romero leave

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Four months on, this save seems to have been a real derailing point in Liverpool's season :D
The slightly worrying thing about Liverpool, is that they've won 1 home game in about 9 I think it is now, had a nightmare in a lot of ways, yet are still only 4 points off 4th place with 4 very winnable games in their last 5.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You can't just ignore the last 12 months. McCarthy is probably the most improved keeper in the league and playing week in week out in an impressive Southampton side. Heaton is benchwarming at Villa and hasn't a hope of displacing Martinez any time soon. He can forget about the euros and think how best he can get his career back on track
McCarthy was dropped recently wasn't he, saw Fraser Forster (who I'd completely forgot existed) playing for Southampton a bit in last few weeks so McCarthy's level must've dropped in last few months.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
The slightly worrying thing about Liverpool, is that they've won 1 home game in about 9 I think it is now, had a nightmare in a lot of ways, yet are still only 4 points off 4th place with 4 very winnable games in their last 5.
They were 7 points clear of Chelsea and 10 points clear of West Ham at Christmas.

More to the point, they were 5 clear of United, and 6 clear of City.

They're now a point behind West Ham and 4 behind Chelsea, meaning they've surrendered 11 points to both of them. They're also 12 points behind United, which could be 15 by tomorrow, and 23 behind City.

Liverpool are still being propped up by their title chasing form in the first half of the season. Up to Christmas they were averaging 2.13 points per game. Since Christmas they've averaged 1.22 points per game. They'd be 13th if they'd been doing that since the start of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They were 7 points clear of Chelsea and 10 points clear of West Ham at Christmas.

More to the point, they were 5 clear of United, and 6 clear of City.

They're now a point behind West Ham and 4 behind Chelsea, meaning they've surrendered 11 points to both of them. They're also 12 points behind United, which could be 15 by tomorrow, and 23 behind City.

Liverpool are still being propped up by their title chasing form in the first half of the season. Up to Christmas they were averaging 2.13 points per game. Since Christmas they've averaged 1.22 points per game. They'd be 13th if they'd been doing that since the start of the season.
Just missing out, and then Salah swanning off to Real Madrid would be lovely.