Season 20-21 schedule.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What will likely happen then?

Fifa has already said it wants to play 7-8 internationals in November or December to make up internationals lost in March, over the summer and also in September and October as I can't really see players flying on mass to South America and Africa anytime soon.

Personally I'd scrap nations league given it's new and dosen't really lead to anything significant apart from a couple of back door play off routes. Get the world cup qualifiers up and running just in case. You could also play the euro play offs in March 2021. If needs be re-configure South American qualifiers into two groups of 5 teams so just 8 rounds in total compared to the 18 we'd usually have (I do love their marathon format though).

Get the feeling the league cup may have to be culled aswell. You can wait on FA cup given it dosen't start until January. Not having league cup for a season would free up 3-4 more midweek dates.

I'd also scrap the group stages of champions and europa and just go straight to knock out, could again start that early next year given the uncertainty of the months ahead.

Risk remains of course the winter with vaccine unlikely to be available until early 2021. I do think it's important for some plans to be made now rather than get to October and Uefa instructs all leagues to scrap their cups because of ridiculous backlog of international games to fit in before the euros.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Something will come to ahead when all these organisations refuse to sacrifice on of their competitions. Will the FA scrap the cup? Will the Football League scrap the (enter sponsor name here) Cup? To what extent will UEFA compromise on the CL and EL?

We're seeing it already with what to do about the Premier League.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I doubt the League Cup will ever be played again.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
I've mentioned this in another thread but they should heavily water down next season.

Rest the community shield and league cup and just concentrate on the league campaigns and FA cup.

Even with the European competitions they should knock the group stages on the head for a year and just have an old school straight knockout format for a year?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I can't see the CL/EL coming back this calender year, so that'll free up a bit of room.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I doubt the League Cup will ever be played again.
They should scrap it altogether and maybe make some modification to the FA Cup like two legs for every round like in the Copa Del Rey or something.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can't see the CL/EL coming back this calender year, so that'll free up a bit of room.
Uefa were saying this morning they still want to conclude europa and CL in full in August. Given we're not even at the quarter final stage in either tournament you simply can't fit all that in midweeks in August so they'd have to play on weekends aswell.

Leagues wouldn't be starting in middle of August, more likely middle of Septmber so going forward something will have to be cut down when you add in internationals.