Season Review 2023/24 with Ali Woods - United Hour Podcast

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was joined by comedian Ali Woods to look back at the best and worst moments of a rollercoaster season with the annual United Hour Awards.

Has Ten Hag been sacked yet? We're not sure and we hope not, but it's looking more likely as the days pass.

Who should replace him and why is it taking so long to make a decision?

Listening links, social, podcast history etc:
https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Why is it looking more likely that he's been sacked as the days pass?

To me the delay can only mean that they are negotiating with other options

If he's staying then surely it doesn't take 2weeks+ to confirm it

If you say so, but it's just an opinion.

Yes of course - also possible that they don't reach an agreement with whoever the 1st choice might be and then think sticking with Ten Hag is a better option than 2nd/3rd choice

Because it's also clear that ETH is not.a definite No or he'd have gone already

Gotta say I think the comments on Tuchels season seem harsh when he actually improved their points total and both Stuttgart and Leverkusen had freak seasons. It at least seems weird to be so harsh on him while being Ten Hag in who had our worst league season in 35 years, and an embarrassing Chl exit.

Gotta say I think the comments on Tuchels season seem harsh when he actually improved their points total and both Stuttgart and Leverkusen had freak seasons. It at least seems weird to be so harsh on him while being Ten Hag in who had our worst league season in 35 years, and an embarrassing Chl exit.

It was Bayern's lowest league position for 12 years and they had an embarrassing German Cup exit!
Tuchel still has a solid CV though, will be interesting to see if he gets another job now or takes a break as some reports suggest

Anyway all irrelevant at this point since Ten Hag was confirmed since this podcast was recorded

It was Bayern's lowest league position for 12 years and they had an embarrassing German Cup exit!
Tuchel still has a solid CV though, will be interesting to see if he gets another job now or takes a break as some reports suggest

Anyway all irrelevant at this point since Ten Hag was confirmed since this podcast was recorded

Yes but not their worst position on points and that was used to defend Ten Hags position in the table.

Yes but not their worst position on points and that was used to defend Ten Hags position in the table.

Did Ali Woods mention points on this show or you mean people use it in general?

I personally don't find that much value in comparing points from different seasons and I wouldn't even try to defend Ten Hag's league position since it was clearly a disaster. I put it mostly down to injuries but he does take some blame for the tactics. Hopefully he's learned from that for next season

Did Ali Woods mention points on this show or you mean people use it in general?

I personally don't find that much value in comparing points from different seasons and I wouldn't even try to defend Ten Hag's league position since it was clearly a disaster. I put it mostly down to injuries but he does take some blame for the tactics. Hopefully he's learned from that for next season

Yeah it was Ali's point.
I do agree about the injuries and given the recent article by Laurie Whitwell it seems there was some issues with some players which hopefully get cleaned up next season.