Sergej Milinković-Savić

mav_9me

The lack of intensity from Inter here makes this looks like a pre-season game.
That was unbelievable. Everyone is walking. In the 39th minute....wtf? I know serie A is slow but this is terrible.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
True that he isn't that slow, but he is lazy and gives away the ball pretty easily. I see him as a less physical and less talented Pogba. Lacks consistency also.
He's honestly a much more complete player than Pogba, though without having Pogba's insane passing range, or the ability to utterly take over and dominate a game for stretches.

He's also more consistent. I'd say he's more physical too, uses his physical attributes a lot more than Pogba (while having inferior physical attributes than the Frenchman)

kaku06

The lack of intensity from Inter here makes this looks like a pre-season game.
That was unbelievable. Everyone is walking. In the 39th minute....wtf? I know serie A is slow but this is terrible.
fantastic pressure on the ball :rolleyes:
Theres more pressing/running/urgency in my sunday league.
Thank you. I have been banging this drum but nobody seems to notice or care. If not posted, people would just know it’s an assist and that’s that.

Luis Alberto is the best midfielder in that team, scored a worldie and a half too last night. I guess we should sign him first. In other news, Insigne and Pedro are still killing it. Lazio is an absolute basket case, stay away. There isn’t a single player in that club we should think of signing.

I don’t say it about other leagues but serie a is opposite to premier league in pressing, intensity and many other things. Some of the matches would absolutely put you to sleep. It’s a competitive league, a tactical league, its enjoyable once you get used to it but bar some matches it’s ponderous, slow, weak etc and because of that many players tend to thrive there.

DevilRed

Thank you. I have been banging this drum but nobody seems to notice or care. If not posted, people would just know it’s an assist and that’s that.

Luis Alberto is the best midfielder in that team, scored a worldie and a half too last night. I guess we should sign him first. In other news, Insigne and Pedro are still killing it. Lazio is an absolute basket case, stay away. There isn’t a single player in that club we should think of signing.

I don’t say it about other leagues but serie a is opposite to premier league in pressing, intensity and many other things. Some of the matches would absolutely put you to sleep. It’s a competitive league, a tactical league, its enjoyable once you get used to it but bar some matches it’s ponderous, slow, weak etc and because of that many players tend to thrive there.
When bukaku is the best player in your league, that says it all.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson

Insigne doesn't play in Serie A and Pedro isn't an automatic starter.

Disagree re the boring league, the Premier League has its fair share of games that would put you to sleep. Although not the same level of quality, Serie A has been an exciting watch for a long time now.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He's honestly a much more complete player than Pogba, though without having Pogba's insane passing range, or the ability to utterly take over and dominate a game for stretches.

He's also more consistent. I'd say he's more physical too, uses his physical attributes a lot more than Pogba (while having inferior physical attributes than the Frenchman)
More complete player than Pogba? Pogba played at every position in the midfield, he's can (could) dribble, pass, shoot, take free kicks or defend (when he felt like it) better than SMS. Better headers for Savic maybe but that's pretty much it, I don't really see how he could be a "more complete player".

Crashoutcassius

This guy is a pseudo 10 which we really don't need. Fred casemiro and either Bruno or eriksen would be better. He offers something different but when would he play

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He is really smart, yet an intermittent contributor and waaay too slow for the PL standards imho.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
More complete player than Pogba? Pogba played at every position in the midfield, he's can (could) dribble, pass, shoot, take free kicks or defend (when he felt like it) better than SMS. Better headers for Savic maybe but that's pretty much it, I don't really see how he could be a "more complete player".
Defensively better, better off the ball(where Pogba is just not good). On the ball he's not as good as Pogba, but still really good. Basically Pogba is really great on the ball, and average/poor off of it. Milinkovic is great at everything

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Defensively better, better off the ball(where Pogba is just not good). On the ball he's not as good as Pogba, but still really good. Basically Pogba is really great on the ball, and average/poor off of it. Milinkovic is great at everything
He's certainly not "great at everything", he's bang average defensively. There's a reason he's still at Lazio and that no top club is interested in spending the fee they're asking for him.

Also, if you compare to Pogba after he came back to United, your point could stand. But SMS will never touch the level of dominance Pogba had at Juventus or for France.

kaku06

:houllier:How do you come to this ridiculous conclusion ? This is just one of the absurd things I have read. What SMS have actually done to achieve that amount of accolade ?
You are absolutely spot on regarding SMS. That poster’s posts must be a trolling attempt.
Sorry but the bolded bit is just :lol:
He's certainly not "great at everything", he's bang average defensively. There's a reason he's still at Lazio and that no top club is interested in spending the fee they're asking for him.

Also, if you compare to Pogba after he came back to United, your point could stand. But SMS will never touch the level of dominance Pogba had at Juventus or for France.
He doesn’t have anything to backup his claims. Claudio lotito is desperately trying to sell him every damn year in the hope of a huge fee. Nobody has gone even with a decent bid and there is a reason for that. He isn’t even a 40m player to be honest. I have been watching him for the last 3-4 years and don’t understand the hype at all. I’m that convinced about him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nobody spent absurd money for him because his club demanded absurd money and he's not worth it. He's really good defensively, but ok, great is an exageration

Nah, even comparing Pogba for Juventus and France Milinkovic is a more rounded, complete player. I agree he's never touched the heights Pogba reached at his best, yeah. I said as much already. More complete doesn't mean better
:houllier:How do you come to this ridiculous conclusion ? This is just one of the absurd things I have read. What SMS have actually done to achieve that amount of accolade ?
You don't have to achieve anything to be a good player, or a complete player. He's been the best midfielder in serie A for years

mav_9me

Sorry to bump an old thread but saw this video and was surprised by his fantastic passing. Granted it's a compilation but nevertheless very impressive.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Nobody spent absurd money for him because his club demanded absurd money and he's not worth it. He's really good defensively, but ok, great is an exageration

Nah, even comparing Pogba for Juventus and France Milinkovic is a more rounded, complete player. I agree he's never touched the heights Pogba reached at his best, yeah. I said as much already. More complete doesn't mean better

You don't have to achieve anything to be a good player, or a complete player. He's been the best midfielder in serie A for years
That’s not saying much to be fair.

Most top players won’t consider Italy if they’ve the choice between La Liga/EPL teams interested in them.

It’s really hard to rate the top players in Serie A when the Italian teams underperform in Europe.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Saw him against Napoli earlier,only game I’ve seen of him this season, so small sample size, but I thought he was average. I’ve never been wowed by a performance of his.

Master Yoda

Savic is leading the assist ladder in Serie A with 7.
But Im tired of this whole thread and stories surrounding him.

Red00012

Saw him against Napoli earlier,only game I’ve seen of him this season, so small sample size, but I thought he was average. I’ve never been wowed by a performance of his.
I’ll take your opinion with a bunch of salt seeing as you didn’t even notice Napoli weren’t playing Lazio

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ll take your opinion with a bunch of salt seeing as you didn’t even notice Napoli weren’t playing Lazio
:lol:

I'm almost sure that he meant earlier this season, not earlier yesterday.

dazjoe

Talk that Liverpool looking at him for just 22M or so. Out of contract next summer.
I've not been massively impressed but that's more down to the 70/80M fee that was always touted, surely for that money he would be a pretty solid sighing to beef up the squad? Better than McTominay or Donny for sure.

Reactions: Wibble

Oranges038

Just waiting on the Ronaldo coming back links to resurface again and the annual circus will be in full swing.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
This ship is sailed in my opinion and good luck to Liverpool. That said, he is had a good season at Lazio.
He steps on the ball too much for my liking similar to Pogba(not comparing ability, just mentioning a habit).

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Talk that Liverpool looking at him for just 22M or so. Out of contract next summer.
I've not been massively impressed but that's more down to the 70/80M fee that was always touted, surely for that money he would be a pretty solid sighing to beef up the squad? Better than McTominay or Donny for sure.
Well, he would certainly be an upgrade on their ex Serbian midfielder Grujic so that is that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I really really rate this guy and think he'd be excellent in the prem but get the feeling he's going to end up at West Ham or something!

You'd think Liverpool would be all over him given his general skillset and he'd cost about 20m less than Alexis Mac Allister.

Edit: Didn't see the link above.

Of course Lazio are regularly in european competition so not like he's wasting his career but really surprise to me he remains there given his general productivity in last 5 years. Think he's got12 months left on his deal so probably gets sold now, interested where he ends up.

NoPace

I really really rate this guy and think he'd be excellent in the prem but get the feeling he's going to end up at West Ham or something!
Could see him doing really well under Moyes as a Soucek/Fellaini big man type with Paqueta playmaking and a replacement for Rice sitting behind them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Considering how highly rated has to be a more overrated player than the english.