Sergej Milinkovic Savic

Fosu-Mens

I think Jose can finally be written off as a modern manager if he gets two new full backs, a ball playing center back, improves his midfield quality, gets a RW and still continues to get his team play poor football.
Glazers and Woody judges him based on results, not how well or entertaining we play. As long as we get top 3/4 and we are profitable for the Glazers(we are their cash cow), there is no reason(in their eyes) to replace Mourinho.

R'hllor

@R'hllor what do you think of all this?
If we buy him before WC for that kind of money, this place will lose their shit after WC. Dont think his value will increase after WC, not while playing for Serbian national team, if he was playing for Croatia, things might be different.

It would be kinda interesting if JM buys him, because then either he learns to rotate a squad or there must be change of formation, thats if we get Fred too. Will be honest, if stories about Arnautovic are true, that would be to many people linked to Serbia on one place for my liking. If JM really wants Mandzo for example, i rather see him join, even tho saw someone already called him here a shithouse, just not sure in what context because he isnt a shithouse when it comes to football thats for sure.

Ban

If we buy him before WC for that kind of money, this place will lose their shit after WC. Dont think his value will increase after WC, not while playing for Serbian national team, if he was playing for Croatia, things might be different.

It would be kinda interesting if JM buys him, because then either he learns to rotate a squad or there must be change of formation, thats if we get Fred too. Will be honest, if stories about Arnautovic are true, that would be to many people linked to Serbia on one place for my liking. If JM really wants Mandzo for example, i rather see him join, even tho saw someone already called him here a shithouse, just not sure in what context because he isnt a shithouse when it comes to football thats for sure.
It was a shithouse character comment. :D
Comments on him are somewhat positive which I was surprised with given how anciently old he is by cafe standards. :)
But maybe it's better if he doesn't come cause I'd feel the need to defend him against the whole place here.

R'hllor

Comments on him are somewhat positive which I was surprised with given how anciently old he is by cafe standards. :)
But maybe it's better if he doesn't come cause I'd feel the need to defend him against the whole place here.
Oh tell me about it :) .

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Arnautovic is Austrian you know?

Joseunited

Glazers and Woody judges him based on results, not how well or entertaining we play. As long as we get top 3/4 and we are profitable for the Glazers(we are their cash cow), there is no reason(in their eyes) to replace Mourinho.
How can you write a statement like that?You have no idea what the Glazers and Ed are thinking,and as for the cash cow bit!!How much money have we spent in the last couple of seasons?

Back on topic, i'd add this guy to our squad in a heartbeat.Regardless of the price.If the Glazers are prepared to spend big then so be it.

tonnas

Hopefully it is, but doubt it.
I would not sign Fred (£45m?) and Savic(more than £60m) for the rumored prices. Better and cheaper alternatives available.
You have better scouting network then United !

LoneStar

£96m? Regardless of how rich we are, surely that is BS? Especially since we're already signing a £43m Fred.

feck the midfielders, I just want a RW and two full backs :(.

So far, if news is to be believed we're signing:

Toby - £50m
Sandro - £40m
Fred - £40m
Dalot - £20m
Savic - £100m

Surely, even for us we can't afford all those players and if we do, we won't be able afford a RW?.
Maybe he plans to change the formation. A diamond midfield with Lukaku Sanchez up top.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maybe he plans to change the formation. A diamond midfield with Lukaku Sanchez up top.
Matic, Fred-Pogba, Griezmann, Sanchez-Lukaku.

I can see it now :lol:

Valencia and Young will need their summer break for the work they'll have to put in next year to provide our width!!!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Valencia and Young will need their summer break for the work they'll have to put in next year to provide our width!!!
Or we sign a set of fullbacks

LoneStar

Hopefully we'll buy better fullbacks, or atleast a new LB.

RedNed77

Maybe I was being a little harsh, but don't take it personally guys. I think Ander Herrera is a bit of a shitehouse too, but he's currently our shitehouse so I love him :). I even admitted in my comment that it's more endearing when its one of your own so can understand why you'd defend him. I might have just picked a bad couple of games to watch him, I've only seen him a few times and maybe he was just having one of those games.

R'hllor

Maybe I was being a little harsh, but don't take it personally guys. I think Ander Herrera is a bit of a shitehouse too, but he's currently our shitehouse so I love him :). I even admitted in my comment that it's more endearing when its one of your own so can understand why you'd defend him. I might have just picked a bad couple of games to watch him, I've only seen him a few times and maybe he was just having one of those games.
My comment was more about similar cases in general, i understand why Ban might not liking it tho.

Fosu-Mens

You have better scouting network then United !
Don't need a scoutingnetwork to know about players in Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A etc. Wether a player is better than another player is subjective. There are no agreement on the importance of different parameters, and comparing different players is difficult as football is a complex sport. So you only need to trust my opinion on whom we should sell and buy.

Ban

Oh nothing personal mate, don't worry. It's true he has a nasty side to him but on the other hand he wears his heart on his sleeve and really gives his absolute all every game. Juve fans love him and I bet United fans would love and adore him too.

EricTheKingTheKing

SMS reminds me a lot of Lampard in the way he could become a 20 goal scorer from midfield. I wonder if Mourinho is trying to recreate the balance of 2005 era Chelsea.

2005 Chelsea team.

Makelele
Essien Lampard
Robben Joe Cole/Duff
Drogba

2018/19 Man Utd

Matic
SMS Pogba
Mata? Sanchez
Lukaku

or
Matic
Pogba Fred
Mata? Sanchez
Lukaku

Btw - Fred is left-footed and yet everyone has him on the right side of a midfield three with Pogba on the left of the midfield three. Surely it would be the other way round. I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho wants to move Pogba to the right-hand side and have Fred on the left to separate Sanchez and Pogba as they seem to get in each other's way.
Totally agree Sparx
The roles within the midfield last season weren't clear, and it really did look like they were getting in each others way. It just didn't flow.

Matic played a lot of football last season, and while we have Herrera and McTominay as back up, it's definitely a drop in quality and ability if we were to rely on them for lengthy periods of the season. Our midfield needs an injection of quality box to box.

Granted i haven't seen a lot of either Fred or SMS, and can only go by the highlights reel, but they do have some fantastic qualities that our midfield needs. Sergej looks fantastic - may not be a pure goal scorer, but his assists contribution to our team would be outstanding.
If i was to go full muppet this is how i see us either as a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3:
DDG
Valencia - Bailley - Toby - LB ??
Matic (/Fred) - Savic
Pogba
Bale - Lukaku - Sanchez

with backups (rotational options)
Martial for Sanchez
Rashford for Lukaku (i'm not a fan of this) - maybe Bale
Lingard for Pogba
McTominay for DM

Mata & Herrera can trade bait for any of the above additions

Reactions: Sultan

Toad

Not sure many people are aware that Sergej's younger brother Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, actually played for Man United for a year back in 2014! :eek::lol:

Think he was just training with the lower age group teams and having failed to get a work permit left after 1 year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanja_Milinković-Savić
Forgot about him until I saw the picture
I’m sure he was hyped up on here a bit as well

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Totally agree Sparx
The roles within the midfield last season weren't clear, and it really did look like they were getting in each others way. It just didn't flow.

Matic played a lot of football last season, and while we have Herrera and McTominay as back up, it's definitely a drop in quality and ability if we were to rely on them for lengthy periods of the season. Our midfield needs an injection of quality box to box.

Granted i haven't seen a lot of either Fred or SMS, and can only go by the highlights reel, but they do have some fantastic qualities that our midfield needs. Sergej looks fantastic - may not be a pure goal scorer, but his assists contribution to our team would be outstanding.
If i was to go full muppet this is how i see us either as a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3:
DDG
Valencia - Bailley - Toby - LB ??
Matic (/Fred) - Savic
Pogba
Bale - Lukaku - Sanchez

with backups (rotational options)
Martial for Sanchez
Rashford for Lukaku (i'm not a fan of this) - maybe Bale
Lingard for Pogba
McTominay for DM

Mata & Herrera can trade bait for any of the above additions
So you think bale would swap Madrid’s bench for United’s? :lol: he’d walk straight into our side

flappyjay

Not sure many people are aware that Sergej's younger brother Vanja Milinkovic-Savic, actually played for Man United for a year back in 2014! :eek::lol:

Think he was just training with the lower age group teams and having failed to get a work permit left after 1 year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanja_Milinković-Savić
I didn't know they were brothers but I have been wondering what had happened to him

Dante

Average bang
If Savic were short and crap in the air, people would love him here. But because he's tall and good at dribbling, he's too similar to Pogba or something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We haven't been fleeced on Fredge and Dalot so I would imagine we have plenty of gas left in the tank for an annual galactico type buy. Hope its SMS.