Sergej Milinkovic Savic

kr0nix

This guy is ideal in more ways than one for United.
First off, he is an outstanding player that is very attainable for United. I'm convinced he could dovetail well with Pogba, and even fill in for him alongside a conventional 8 if/when Pogba is missing.
No midfielder on the market is more talented than he. Make it happen Jose!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With Sanchez coming in now, a transfer like this makes a lot of sense for me. We need to start controlling games better and adding a good midfielder would be needed

OverratedOpinion

Oh this is who people mean. I kept seeing people say we should buy Savic and I thought they meant the Atletico defender who used to play for City.

Stretch

Can anyone point me in the direction of any news that links us with Savic recently? I'm a lost muppet currently :(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who's better Savic or the lad Bayern just got?

United Pro

Different types of midfielders by the looks of it.

Milinkovic-Savic is much better going forward and in the air whilst Gortezka is much better at his defnsive duties.
How has SMS got a negative defensive score?

MadMike

I have not watched Lazio at all this season. Is this guy really good or he is a bit overhyped at the moment?

Robbo*

TFM at RB and Andreas back in CM. I'd be happy with that.
Agreed - although I think we could still find space for another squad member with the number that look likely to leave. I quite like the idea of Fabinho as he covers both positions but SMS does seem like a strong option too!

Reactions: Sultan

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I have not watched Lazio at all this season. Is this guy really good or he is a bit overhyped at the moment?
He's really good but also really similar to Pogba, down to a certain lack of consistency within games

Hojoon

He's really good but also really similar to Pogba, down to a certain lack of consistency within games
The few games I've seen him he plays in the exact same zone as Pogba as an attack-minded LCM. Really good player, but poor fit.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

Different types of midfielders by the looks of it.

Milinkovic-Savic is much better going forward and in the air whilst Gortezka is much better at his defnsive duties.

Vidal stats are comfortably superior to them both, and he is having a "relatively" slow season.

Devil may care

How has SMS got a negative defensive score?
Probably because he switches off positionally a lot more than Pogba does and doesn't have Pogba's pressing ability as he's not as mobile, essentially he'd put Pogba in the same spot he's in now, having to play deeper, for that we might as well just get a proper #10 in Ozil for free and be done with it.

beingshe7don

I'm so not in favor of having Pogba playing in a midfield 2. We all want to see the Pogba of Juve dominating teams and taking shots and scoring goals. He needs to be handled in a similar manner as what Scholesy was. Scholes in his early years played higher up and then as he got older, he receded in midfield.

We need to play a 4-3-3.... We need a #8/6 hybrid to compliment Pogba.... Can Pogb, Savic and Matic play together effectively without stiflling Pogba and Savic's attacking ability?

MasterOfMuppets

I really think we have enough strength and height in midfield. When we play teams that move the ball quickly our midfield is too slow and we get overrun.
Savic looks a good player to me, but is very similar to Pogba. We obviously lack quick feet and mobility, and I would therefore argue that Seri is the better fit for our midfield. We can`t play with three long limbed machomen in midfield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thaumaste

I really think we have enough strength and height in midfield. When we play teams that move the ball quickly our midfield is too slow and we get overrun.
Savic looks a good player to me, but is very similar to Pogba. We obviously lack quick feet and mobility, and I would therefore argue that Seri is the better fit for our midfield. We can`t play with three long limbed machomen in midfield.
I mean, I think we could do with more of these attributes, but to use Pogba as an example of someone lacking quick feet and mobility couldn't be more wrong. In fact, I struggle to think of a quicker-footed or more mobile central midfielder. Do you think this just because he is also tall and strong?

Nick.

According to this, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic covers 11km per game on average. I think this idea that he isn't mobile could well be a myth.

J_Red 11

When I watch him play, he is basically like the less hard working of Pogba with less passing ability of central midfield. He has flair, can dribble, has power, long range shooting, his main service threats are for final third basically more of attacking mind midfielder. He looks a quality player, has potential to be world class attacking midfielder but I don't know if we actually need him. He's a bit similar to Hamsik more than Pogba IMO.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When I watch him play, he is basically like the lazy version of Pogba with less passing ability of central midfield. He has flair, can dribble, has power, long range shooting, his main service threats are for final third basically more of attacking mind midfielder. He looks a quality player, has potential to be world class attacking midfielder but I don't know if we actually need him. He's a bit similar to Hamsik more than Pogba IMO.
Thought he was nothing like Hamsik but I only saw highlights so will say no more.