Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Any indication he will come here?

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Bit of a shame we would have to wait until he's 18 before we could sign him. Playing wise, it shouldn't really matter, but have him participate in our academy, learn our methods and so on would be very valuable at a younger age.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bit of a shame we would have to wait until he's 18 before we could sign him. Playing wise, it shouldn't really matter, but have him participate in our academy, learn our methods and so on would be very valuable at a younger age.
It will be fine. Sometimes players are as old as 25 when they join us.

Bojan Djordjic

It's mad that there hasn't really been any really top class Russian players in decades. Must be the biggest sleeping giant in world football.

Red00012

So he hasn’t been signed yet? Or has he a pre signed one for when he turns 18?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Any indication he will come here?
He’s trains with United couple of times a season I think. He’s definitely a massive United fan. He was at Anfield with United away supporters last season. I’d say if everything goes as it should, he’d be coming here soon as he turns 18.

forevrared

It's mad that there hasn't really been any really top class Russian players in decades. Must be the biggest sleeping giant in world football.
It's weird how often they have players that are sufficiently hyped up - Akinfeev, Dzagoev, Kerzhakov, Arshavin, Cheryshev, Pavlyuchenko, etc - but they either never leave Russia or come to Europe and go straight back.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

It's weird how often they have players that are sufficiently hyped up - Akinfeev, Dzagoev, Kerzhakov, Arshavin, Cheryshev, Pavlyuchenko, etc - but they either never leave Russia or come to Europe and go straight back.
With the wages level of the past 15 years there just isn't enough motivation for most players. They are either happy to stay in RPL and often stagnate, or if they do move there isn't the same stakes to succeed involved as someone from a country with a poorer league like a Balkan/Polish etc player or most of South America/Africa. So what you often got in that time is a player goes late in age and/or struggles in a first season or at their first club then just doesn't have the motivation to keep going. Or if they realise they might need to step down to a smaller club to fit their level or get game time and rebuild, usually just prefer to go back home. It's not that different to Italian and English players mentality historically, it's just that here the league for various reasons is low enough standard for it to be a problem.

the 90s was different with no money at all in domestic football and loads of players moving abroad, but it being the first generation to do that and having to adapt from communism brought its own unique problems with lots of wasted talent once they got the keys to their ferrari.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Russia isn't in the EU so we have to wait until he's 18.
Might as well get used to this as once we leave the EU at the end of this year we will all have to follow FIFA rules and won't be able to sign any foreign youngsters until they are 18, where as clubs inside the EU can get them when they are 16.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Exciting that we're looking likely to sign the likes of this kid and that Isak.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought dzagoev would become a superstar

ThinkTank@Cafe

Would be great to have a Russian player at United again. It’s always hard to tell how 15 y.o. will realize his potential, but he looks as a proper Kanchelskis successor

ThinkTank@Cafe

If Russia had a private, purely commercial football industry with no government and oligarch money, no stupid limits on foreigners, they would be a European powerhouse. Talent wise, Russia is as rich as resource wise. Russian players get really spoiled as soon as they get noted by media. Artyom Dzyuba is a notable exemption from that rule. He is the best player of his generation, and his success is 90% based on his work ethics.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I hope we don´t feck up with this kid. It´s his dream to come here and looks like young Russian Aguero. Three years is a long time in football before we are eligable to sign him though..

mav_9me

I hope we don´t feck up with this kid. It´s his dream to come here and looks like young Russian Aguero. Three years is a long time in football before we are eligable to sign him though..
Yeah... I wish we could get him now. That stat above is insane. MOTM in senior team at that age???

Ace of Spades

Nothing we can do about that unfortunately, but the rules are the rules. Still, unless we monumentally feck it up, it should be fairly straightforward. We seem to keep in touch with him regularly, and looking at his response he seems to have already made up his mind as well.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If this was Ice Hockey or Basketball, I would be happy with this. Russian foootballer are a shadow of the former soviet school nowadays.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
If this was Ice Hockey or Basketball, I would be happy with this. Russian foootballer are a shadow of the former soviet school nowadays.
Obviously Russian football is in a complete disarray — but a special talent can be born in any country. He has also showed his level in multiple United’s trials.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Obviously Russian football is in a complete disarray — but a special talent can be born in any country. He has also showed his level in multiple United’s trials.
I'm sure he will become a functional professional player. Only time will tell if he can develop into a top club footballer. But either at basket and Ice Hockey russia still produces gold quality, kind of a nistery why the same is not happening at football.