Sergio Reguilon | Man Utd Loan with January break clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Of course it is a good move, very low wages, no loan fee, it was an emergency, there is literally no reason to moan about this loan except for the sake of it. No one expects wonders from him.
He’s absolutely awful and helps in no way so there’s that. Cucurella was the right deal. This is a total waste of time.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I’d like to think a well run club would use their youth player who’s just come off a decent loan and give him a chance though?

Fecking Reguilon? there’s absolutely no excuse for this player getting a move to United he’s been awful for years
I agree, but mostly for the fact that he would be a hungry kid versus a complete mercenary who will probably only be here for 4 months.

Edit: we always preach mentality, but how motivated will this lad actually be versus our own youth product?

zaafi

Before his injury he was shit

Spurs have wanted to get rid for a couple of summer windows now
I don't know about that. His stats in the 21/22 season are pretty good before his injury, and scores high statistically compared to other fullbacks in the world, particularly offensively.

zaafi

He’s absolutely awful and helps in no way so there’s that. Cucurella was the right deal. This is a total waste of time.
Except you have no idea how he's going to perform. The confidence in which you say that is borderline nauseating :lol:

evil_geko

And there are lots of people saying same about Cucurella, truth is, both sets of fans know feck all about how they would fare in our setup under ETH.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Reminder, numerous reports state Fernandez is homesick and wants out. That might be why we've gone for a loan. If however we keep Fernandez then it's a bit bizarre.

No fee though so not horrific.

cyberman

Most of them?

Give a youth player a chance after a good spell or sign a complete reject of a player?
Who though? Who throws in untested youngsters? It’s literally the worst way to bleed youngsters through on top of that.
2 of our front 3 are youth products. Mainoo is about to break through this year. The last thing to throw at United is not trusting youth or failing to properly bring them through

EdinburghDevil

Emergency loan, no fee and he has experience playing in La Liga and this league. Pretty good deal by the looks of it.
Had we just paid £30m for him off the back of his time at Spurs different story, but this is how I'm also feeling about the deal.

hobbers

No loan fee makes it less shit.

Reguilon for 6 months for just his wage costs vs £4-5m for Cucurella, money pissed away for nothing. We picked the better option.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We will rotate him with Dalot for few months. Good enough player for that. We actually scouted him before he went to Spurs. Zero loan fee and low wage makes him decent option for next few months

criticalanalysis

I remember he was very good forward and suspect defensively but that was 3 years ago.

I have no issue with either Reguilon or Cucurella but they are both not good enough in a back four. As wing backs fair enough but as full backs Martinez will have his work cut out with Rashford down that channel as well.

Hopefully this is just a squad option. I still have faith in Dalot.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Let me tell you what will happen.

He'll make a run or two down the left side, people will get excited for a second...and then he'll get some type of muscle injury because he hasn't got a proper run of games in ages. And then we'll be paying his wages til new years whilst Dalot or whoever else stinks up the left back position. The end.

Overhaul FC

I remember wanting him ahead of Telles 3 years ago. Still wish we'd signed him then and he's had a rough couple of seasons with injury and illness.

Spurs have let this happen for a reason so we'll need abit of luck to not have 3 injured left backs.

If he's injury free I think he could challenge Shaw more than people think. I like his passing and attacking play so look forward to him starting and fingers crossed he's over his injury problems.

MUFC OK

He'll make a run or two down the left side, people will get excited for a second...and then he'll get some type of muscle injury because he hasn't got a proper run of games in ages. And then we'll be paying his wages til new years whilst Dalot or whoever else stinks up the left back position. The end.
That’s the spirit Jim.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Ban him if this happens, it will be funny to imagine him trying to get on here to say told you so only to find he can't.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ban him if this happens, it will be funny to imagine him trying to get on here to say told you so only to find he can't.
Feel free but I reverse jinxed it so it won't happen. What will happen is the exact opposite of what I said. Unless you've just ruined the jinx.

Abraxas

Not one I'd throw a party over, but it boxes that position off until Jan. It's okay. A few seasons ago he seemed to have a bit of hype. Fair to say he's not that guy but is it better than Dalot on his wrong foot (when he's average on his good one)? Yes is probably the answer, it's more balanced.

Cucurella was the more appealing option for me but if the finances work and actually get diverted into a midfield signing I'd sooner the more pragamatic choice we've taken as that will strengthen us overall far more than these mediocre left back cover will.

RedCurry

He’s Spurs’ Dalot. People think he’s shite but if you have decent footballing ability, ETH gets the the best out of his defenders generally. I am okay with this loan. I think.

AndySmith1990

He may be emergency cover, but he's also crap, so we're going to have problems down the left side for a while. Still, better than nothing... just

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He looked really good for Sevilla but not much since then

Jezpeza

I’m laughing a lot here because this is the Boromir ‘One does not simply walk into Mordor’ doomsayer stance

the_cliff

Don't even think he starts for us. Dalot probably starts left back anyway.

RedOrange

So in the unlikely scenario he turns out to be amazing for us, we won’t have an option to buy him?
Really working hard to find the angle at which you can look at this and be upset about it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It was between him and hairy man. What do you expect? No loan deal is going to get you a world class LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.