Sergio Reguilon | Man Utd Loan with January break clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lights Out

If it means less chance of seeing Dalot on the pitch then I’m all for it.

tomaldinho1

We are a joke of a club. Its fecking depressing. And massive shame.
What’s with these stinking posts. 1st choice and 2nd choice LB injured and ETH doesn’t trust one of the recent academy prospects so we’ve gone out and loaned someone half decent for a paltry amount of money. Genuinely what’s there to moan about on this one?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What’s with these stinking posts. 1st choice and 2nd choice LB injured and ETH doesn’t trust one of the recent academy prospects so we’ve gone out and loaned someone half decent for a paltry amount of money. Genuinely what’s there to moan about on this one?
If the new LB is not at Roberto Carlos peak levels then I dont want him.

Rockets Redglare

This is disgraceful. The Glazers have tuned the biggest club in the world into a side show.
By loaning a premier league standard player in a position where we have no fit player?
What exactly would you expect the club to do in this situation? Spend 50 million and then when Shaw is back bench them?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We got the wrong one. Surprise surprise, we went for the cheapest option again, thats whats wrong. Stinking post.. start of your reply with an insult, typical of posters like you.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
When Luke Shaw is back, do we actually need another £150k+ a week player sitting on our bench?. I don't think so?. Our bench has had some very expensive players sit on there in recent years who we are trying to get rid of. We just got rid of Phil fecking Jones on £100k a week ffs and still have Bailiy getting a wage from us. Sancho on £180k pw is on our bench and I don't want to see another expensive cnut on our bench on £200k pw as our 3rd fecking option LB ffs. And I'm not even going to mention Maguire in this or Martial.

People need to stop themselves being a drama queen and think economically ffs.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We got the wrong one. Surprise surprise, we went for the cheapest option again, thats whats wrong. Stinking post.. start of your reply with an insult, typical of posters like you.
Chelsea played him yesterday and we clearly wanted a break clause which wouldn’t work now. Money wasn’t the issue

Coops73

WhT??? A football club ??? Signed a football player??? In a position they need to cover???? The very cheek of it!!! Outrage!!! Disgrace!!!!
I get what he’s saying though. All seems a bit desperate.

tomaldinho1

As in stinking the place up, it’s hardly an insult. I don’t get why you seem so angry we’re loaning an LB when we have two out injured. We’re not, as the media made up to rile the fan base, signing Ryan Bertrand, paying stupid money for Cucurella or trying to coax Irwin out of retirement…it’s quite a sensible and low cost short term option.

UnofficialDevil

Chelsea played him yesterday and we clearly wanted a break clause which wouldn’t work now. Money wasn’t the issue
Why did we HAVE to send the player back in January though? Luke isn’t exactly on fire now and Malacia has missed pre season. Why not get the better left back on loan for the whole season, if it’s not a money issue?

Castia

WhT??? A football club ??? Signed a football player??? In a position they need to cover???? The very cheek of it!!! Outrage!!! Disgrace!!!!
Its Reguilon mate he’s crap and this is the sort of transfer that makes us look like fecking amateurs

Wheato

We will rotate him with Dalot for few months. Good enough player for that. We actually scouted him before he went to Spurs. Zero loan fee and low wage makes him decent option for next few months
Agreed. Dalot has a poor injury record. Being a natural left wing back, Reguilon slots right in there. He is decent going forward, and has a great delivery from crosses. Conte wanted his old pal Perisic instead, and he lost his place. He was a decent player 2 seasons ago, and we even tried to sign him. At 26 he is coming to his peak and has something to prove. I really hope he smashes it. It’s a six month loan option, so it looks like Shaw might be back by then. This is a smart move all round. We’re not taking a gamble on an academy kid who can get their arse handed to them in the champions league against Leroy Sane, we’re getting someone who can handle it, and take it to the opposition.

ErikElevenHag

Its Reguilon mate he’s crap and this is the sort of transfer that makes us look like fecking amateurs
On the contrary it makes us look sensible as this is a sound move. We need cover at LB whilst Shaw and Malacia are both out injured.

We are only obligated to keep him for 6 months. What would you rather us do sign a player long term, saddle us with a player who's not required?

Regulion isn't a world beater but he will do a job until our players get fit. Stfu with the moaning because we haven't signed Roberto Carlos.

UnofficialDevil

As in stinking the place up, it’s hardly an insult. I don’t get why you seem so angry we’re loaning an LB when we have two out injured. We’re not, as the media made up to rile the fan base, signing Ryan Bertrand, paying stupid money for Cucurella or trying to coax Irwin out of retirement…it’s quite a sensible and low cost short term option.
Stinking post is an insult. Why are you so worried about how much money the Glazers spend on Cucurella? Put the money aside and make an honest answer.
What would be the better option for ETH , Cucurella for the whole season or Requilon up until January?

Lebowski

The break clause was money-related though. We didn't want to pay a player wages for the whole season that we may only need until January, so instead we went with our cheaper backup option.

If Ten Haag's first choice was Cucarella (which seems likely since we've been after him for the last week) and we've ended up going with a less fancied player instead because we can send him back in January, that's basically the definition of money being the issue.

Castia

On the contrary it makes us look sensible as this is a sound move. We need cover at LB whilst Shaw and Malacia are both out injured.

We are only obligated to keep him for 6 months. What would you rather us do sign a player long term, saddle us with a player who's not required?

Regulion isn't a world beater but he will do a job until our players get fit. Stfu with the moaning because we haven't signed Roberto Carlos.
Play one of our highest rated youth players who’s just back from a good loan and been on the pre season tour? Fernandez will probably be sold tomorrow for peanuts making this move even more ridiculous/hilarious

We need a striker who do you suggest Andy Carroll?

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Stinking post is an insult. Why are you so worried about how much money the Glazers spend on Cucurella? Put the money aside and make an honest answer.
What would be the better option for ETH , Cucurella for the whole season or Requilon up until January?
Well it had a certain pong to it.

Reguillon in answer to your question, he was good offensively but just suspect the other way, the anti Wan Bissaka if you will. Cucurella looks like he became Wan Bissaka offensively and Reguillon defensively after leaving Brighton.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Nah he’s decent. He’s had to put up with Jose and Conte as coaches, that’s enough to stifle anyone’s career. He’ll be ok, just give him a chance.
Oh and for what it’s worth , our club is owned and run by amateurs. Nothing new there.

chickensgowoof

Absolute joke, he is one of the worse left backs of recent memory. We don't learn do we. First Weghorst, now this. Sick of it. I'd rather we keep Alvaro Fernandes. Why don't we have any kids to step up? Our whole setup stinks from top to bottom. Cant wait for Glazers to go and we have a clearout of all the staff as well as certain players. Long overdue.

talking robot

he’s not great, but really just a depth option behind shaw, malacia, and probably even dalot. dont think he’ll play many minutes.

El Jefe

5D chess from us. We signed one of the few fullbacks that Antony would absolutely turn inside out during training and give him the confidence to try the same on match days.

Status
Not open for further replies.