Serie A 90's Draft Round 1 - Edgar Allan Pillow vs Antohan

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their Serie A 90's peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oaencha

Sorry for the late comment; been busy with work. Both teams are pretty evenly matched. EAP’s attack is undoubtedly better but the defence is very, very questionable. Antohan’s defence is stronger but I’m not entirely convinced by the attack. I’m not suprised by the close votes. Very good write ups from both of you.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sorry for the late comment; been busy with work. Both teams are pretty evenly matched. EAP’s attack is undoubtedly better but the defence is very, very questionable. Antohan’s defence is stronger but I’m not entirely convinced by the attack. I’m not suprised by the close votes. Very good write ups from both of you.
I knew it was over the moment my short but straightforward pitch got buried after a giant wall of text. How many are going to read that far down and scroll up and down to assess the points being made?

I've long stood by the notion op/tactical write ups should have character limits. All the other guff should be hyperlinked.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I've long stood by the notion op/tactical write ups should have character limits. All the other guff should be hyperlinked.
Usually I'd agree....but in drafts/matches like this, when half the team sheet is relatively unknown players, putting it in a separate thread will mean no one will bother to read them. You can't expect people to vote blindly and choose between Alemao and Evani! A brief write up, giving their peak achievements should be a suitable compromise for this draft.

Details played profiles should be in main thread and not the matches.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Usually I'd agree....but in drafts/matches like this, when half the team sheet is relatively unknown players, putting it in a separate thread will mean no one will bother to read them. You can't expect people to vote blindly and choose between Alemao and Evani! A brief write up, giving their peak achievements should be a suitable compromise for this draft.

tbf you probably should have put quotes around most of those and mentioned at the bottom you copy and pasted from Wikipedia.

Your old Uni professors would be frowning at you :nono:

antohan

Nonsense. Anyone who cares will read it and those who don't won't, wherever you place it. Even better, have individual links so they choose to read if relevant. I didn't need to read up on any of your players.

It's often not even worth reading as it typically consists of descriptions not just bigging up a player but also choosing a description that suits the setup.

Pancaro wasn't a wingback, Pessotto wasn't a centreback, and Evani was a left midfielder. At best he would be an emergency CM.

It's far better to discuss this on the thread than dumping it in an OP. And then people complain about voters/posters not reading the OP... I was playing you and didn't read half of it.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
cheers for the tag @antohan , i followed discussion as much as i could but in the end couldnt decide on the winner so i didnt vote.

Oaencha

I knew it was over the moment my short but straightforward pitch got buried after a giant wall of text. How many are going to read that far down and scroll up and down to assess the points being made?

I read both and the wall of text didn’t influence my vote. I’m familiar with all 22 players and didn’t need all the info. Tactics are what I look for.

antohan

I read both and the wall of text didn’t influence my vote. I’m familiar with all 22 players and didn’t need all the info. Tactics are what I look for.
Exactly.

But can't you see how those less invested in all this draft cult thing would just not bother wade through it?

antohan

Sorry for the delay.

You had clearly a better team but I'm only 50% surprised by the outcome.

I have the experience of losing against @Edgar Allan Pillow despite having a better team :wenger:

One time, I lost because he had Cruyjff and here Van Basten played a key role in the decision taken by a lot of voters.
No worries. I said at one point during the draft the semifinalists would all be from the top half of the roster. It's happening earlier given how the draw paired everyone up.

90s Serie A = high turnout = those missing out on the likes of MvB/Ronaldo/Batistuta go out no matter what else they picked

Seems like @idmanager, tenth in the roster will be the first to reinforce. Telling.