SEVEN (games to decide the future of the multiverse)

Polar

Leicester City vs Manchester United - Draw
Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL) - Win
Manchester United vs Liverpool - defeat
Tottenham vs Manchester United - Draw
Atalanta vs Manchester United (CL) - Draw
Manchester United vs Manchester City Defeat
Watford vs Manchester United - Win
Villarreal vs Manchester United (CL) - Draw
Chelsea vs Manchester United - Defeat
Manchester United
vs Arsenal - Draw

I dont see alot of hapiness in this run of games-but in the past this run of games made it so feckin interesting - we could always compete.

Now I am just resigned to the fact that we are nowhere near the level of the top 3 and while we are hard to beat which is good we are also struggling to win games.
I see Chelsea, Lpool and City beating us comfortably - then alot of draws.

Will Ole be gone then?
Ole will be gone if your negative prediction materialise. Why do we have to be so pessimistic. Let’s not be pathetic and give up before we are actually out of the race!

UtdAgain08

Maybe the players will have had enough and actually down tools this time. After watching the quality of Liverpool against City yesterday, I hope they do.
I've never went after someone about a post but this is a fecking joke. By saying you hope the players down tools you're saying you hope Utd get beat. That's just unacceptable, disgraceful comment.

Last edited:

Hughie77

There is zero sentimentality in what I am saying. I just don’t have a short memory.

18 months ago we had a starting front three of Lingard, Martial and Rashford, probably the worst front 3 in Europe’s top clubs. He has delivered two top 4 finishes in two seasons, no manager has done this since SAF left. He is a midfielder short of having his own starting 11.

I’ve seen improvements every year and I believe we will see an improvement this year. We will be in the champions league knockout rounds but I’m judging him on his league performance, he does now need to deliver and mount a title challenge however finishing in the top 3 is good enough this year.

I believe next year is the year he should be aiming to win the title. He will have built his team, he inherited an awful, awful squad and he has really transformed the club from the sorry state it was in two years ago.
Fair post, he has done a realy good job In rebuilding a god awful squad, we have imo got a great squad, and we won't be any way near winning the league I agree with that 3rd is a maybe but a massive ask as well, the only issue I have is that he looks like he scratching his head as to why they are putting sloppy performances ok were on 14 pts it should be 16 or 17 we all know that but it's not.
Olly looks like a beaten man when it goes wrong it seems he can't or doesn't know how to react to issues on the pitch ? I agree he's probly a CM away from his 11. I love Ronny but I think he's going to be Ollies down fall and if results don't go his way he's imo gone by Jan.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I've never went after someone about a post but this is a fecking joke, people like you are pathetic. By saying you hope the players down tools you're saying you hope Utd get beat. That's just unacceptable, disgraceful comment.
Attack the post and not the poster.

While I agree with the sentiment, that a fan of MUFC should never hope we lose (though that seems to be rather common on here at the moment) don't get personal with fellow posters.

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
I've never went after someone about a post but this is a fecking joke, people like you are pathetic. By saying you hope the players down tools you're saying you hope Utd get beat. That's just unacceptable, disgraceful comment.
Someone believes in magic.

UtdAgain08

Attack the post and not the poster.

While I agree with the sentiment, that a fan of MUFC should never hope we lose (though that seems to be rather common on here at the moment) don't get personal with fellow posters.
You're right, I shouldn't have said anything about the poster and kept it on the post, I'm just so sick of people claiming to be Utd fans wanting us to get beat. That's the only way you can explain saying they want players to down tools.

SteveCoppellFan

Unless Ole changes his approach then the next couple of months are going to be one long rough ride.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Maybe the players will have had enough and actually down tools this time. After watching the quality of Liverpool against City yesterday, I hope they do.
Are these all new posters or existing 'supporters' opening multiple accounts?

stw2022

If we can come out of next 7 games beating all expectations or even with a decent haul of points then great. But I want don’t want a dreadful run to be punctuated with one half decent result that’s used as a focal point for the argument we should continue limping on as we are for another few months

“It hasn’t been good but beating X shows there’s something he can build on “

The standard can’t be that unless we look as if we’re actively trying to sabotage ourselves we must carry on as we are

Blood Mage

We'll beat Leicester comfortably as they're in worse form than us. Atalanta, Liverpool, Spurs and City is the run I'm concerned about. Can see us only getting a couple of points from those games. And then Watford afterwards with new manager syndrome, could be a banana skin.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ole will be gone if your negative prediction materialise. Why do we have to be so pessimistic. Let’s not be pathetic and give up before we are actually out of the race!
Have you watched our games?
genuine question!

stw2022

The most optimistic outlook is to wait for the inevitable to happen but insist we refuse to accept it until it’s too late to salvage anything from season before we do.

It’s vital we waste an entire season proper and not show ourselves up by trying to avoid disaster. The long wait until ‘mathematically impossible day’ comes around will be very exciting. I’ve booked a week off in March to celebrate it

JSC

It is crazy that Utd are not top of the league when you consider their run of games so far and the next couple of months do look very daunting on paper. But does anybody else think there’s a chance Utd come out really well vs the top teams coming up and then just return to losing to mid table sides? I wouldn’t be surprised tbh!

Winrar

If we perform for the rest of the month and November like how we did in the first 7 games, we are fecked.