Seven years ago today

Champagne Football

Oh how I thought we'd soon win another Champions League under Fergie when Van Persie was ripping it up.

Hard to believe what happened in 6 years after. You could not have picked 3 managers less suited to Man Utd. Anyways no complaints considering 20 years of dominance under Fergie

Reynoldo

Absolute filth from Van Persie! It still seems like a dream him having been here scoring those goals.

diarm

That second is one of the all time great Premier League goals. In some ways I think it's still not rated highly enough for the skill and technique required to pull it off, running at that pace with a ball from that distance dropping over his shoulder, and to strike it so cleanly. God level finishing.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Absolute filth from Van Persie! It still seems like a dream him having been here scoring those goals.
yeah its a dream alright and I was in pub watching that game too.

Now its only a dream to have a player like him at United and to have a pint in a pub!

Sylar

I cant believe we are closing in on a decade since our last premier league title.
People can say what they want, but with the squad that was left behind and the money to spend, we should have at least been challenging for it, not getting further and further away.

But that goal was majestic. Everything about it was technically great. Was that our last hattrick in the league?

RyRy11

Wasn't this the last league Hat trick we've got? Insane

OverratedOpinion

For a long time I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't love that goal as much as I should. Eventually realised that it was because it's almost too perfect.

There are some high level players that couldn't connect that perfectly with a ball dropping over their shoulder, even just in training with 100 attempts. The fact that Van Persie has scored similar goals on multiple occasions is a testament to his peerless technique.

always_hoping

Had the pleasure to be in attendance that night. I stayed on in Old Trafford for over an hour after that game.

RUCK4444

Disgustingly good goal. The pass and the finish, incredible.

Was anybody better than RVP at those finishes with the ball coming over the shoulder running onto it? Such a hard skill.

AaronRedDevil

One of my favourite goals ever. The day we signed RVP. THIS was the exact goal I was waiting for, Rooney's great long range pass to a RVP volley. Wish Granted :drool:

Robertd0803

Oh that feeling of pure happiness. Europa League win is the only thing that came close since. (And that may have been more relief).

What a goal. You knew it was going to be a goal the second it left Rooneys foot let alone RVPs.

7 years. Christ. Feels like a lifetime ago.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Still have the game from sky on my hdd if anyone wants to rewatch it