Shaky camera technique in football TV coverage is imbecilic.

Reducation

I've just been looking at brief highlights of Sheff United vs Wolves. I was particularly interested in seeing Ramsdale's save from Saiss in slo-mo and/or from a different angle (and this is not the worst example by a long way). But of course the TV people have no interest in that kind of thing: they only slavishly follow the tiresome trend of the jerky-rapid-zoom-ooh-it's-all-so-fast-moving-that-we-can't-keep-up-with-it pretence. This style is all very well for Hollywood action films, but for a spectator sport it's the opposite of sensible. I have a faint hope that one day the stunningly unimaginative world of the TV production people will be infiltrated by fresh blood and introduced to common sense.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I've just been looking at brief highlights of Sheff United vs Wolves. I was particularly interested in seeing Ramsdale's save from Saiss in slo-mo and/or from a different angle (and this is not the worst example by a long way). But of course the TV people have no interest in that kind of thing: they only slavishly follow the tiresome trend of the jerky-rapid-zoom-ooh-it's-all-so-fast-moving-that-we-can't-keep-up-with-it pretence. This style is all very well for Hollywood action films, but for a spectator sport it's the opposite of sensible. I have a faint hope that one day the stunningly unimaginative world of the TV production people will be infiltrated by fresh blood and introduced to common sense.
I've no idea what this is about, because you didn't post an example, but it's the 'fresh blood' that's doing it.