Shane Warne | RIP

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Really gutted about this...he was an eternal favourite. Never missed an opportunity to watch him, regardless of the time differences. This is incredibly sad.

distant_red

I jumped when I first saw it online. I had to rush and open a news site to make sure what I saw was bloody real. I was stunned and couldn't believe what I was reading. I've never enjoyed watching a player more than him. I remember those hot summers around the TV in western Sydney watching Warnie all day do his thing. I'm still in shock he's gone. He was only 5 years older than me.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Reports that he suffered chest pain and sweating before going on holiday to Thailand. He went to his room to watch cricket in his room and was found unconscious by his mates when they went to his room to grab him for a pre-dinner beer.

I suspect smoking might end up being the primary cause of his death although extreme dieting when alreadybhaving chest pains may be a factor. Apparently never touched drugs and not a huge drinker.

Vale Warnie.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I suspect smoking might end up being the primary cause of his death although extreme dieting when alreadybhaving chest pains may be a factor. Apparently never touched drugs and not a huge drinker.

Vale Warnie.
Absolutely love Warne but I’m not so sure about the drugs and drinking part. Have no evidence myself and could be pure speculation but there’s a lot out there regarding his lifestyle.

Red00012

Reports that he suffered chest pain and sweating before going on holiday to Thailand. He went to his room to watch cricket in his room and was found unconscious by his mates when they went to his room to grab him for a pre-dinner beer.

Vale Warnie.
Judging by the pictures online that’s incorrect :nervous:

AshRK

Still can't believe he is no more. It's a huge loss to the game. It's sad he never got to captain Australia full time. A great tactician. The way he managed to lead Rajasthan Royals in 2008 to the championship was amazing.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
RIP. I don't watch cricket but he was one of the three players I knew of (the others being Brian Lara and Michael Atherton).

arnie_ni

He’s in Thailand it’s not very difficult to work out but I’ll break it down for you he was having fun in bed
Are you saying he was sleeping with someone and had a heart attack during sex?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
feck knows, but blood stains were apparently found on towels and on the floor.
Like many people being resuscitated he puked up and some blood was involved. Either from the heart attack or from the damage caused by CPR. CPR is often very messy with vomit and broken ribs quite normal.

MDFC Manager

Like many people being resuscitated he puked up and some blood was involved. Either from the heart attack or from the damage caused by CPR. CPR is often very messy with vomit and broken ribs quite normal.
Yes reading a bit about it, I'm certain you're right.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There is a real sense of national lose here.

Vale Warnie.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There are pictures doing the rounds online of him in bed with a couple of women, but it's not clear when they're from.
There were black and white pictures from 2006 of him with 2 women. In any case he was single so not a bad way to go out if true.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
There is a real sense of national lose here.

Vale Warnie.
The saddest thing about Warne's passing is that he still had so much to give to the game he loved.

As big as he was, Warne always loved chatting about leggies, loved talking to kids, young men and women about it, helping out captains, doing lunch break master classes.

I believe I will see another Bradman in my life, but I know there will never be another Shane Warne.

DON’T PANIC ™

There’s a video circulating on twitter of him in bed with four women. Not sure if genuine or, if it is, when it was filmed. He seemed to be enjoying himself anyway.

arnie_ni

There’s a video circulating on twitter of him in bed with four women. Not sure if genuine or, if it is, when it was filmed. He seemed to be enjoying himself anyway.
You don't see his face though. Either way it doesn't look recent.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
There were black and white pictures from 2006 of him with 2 women. In any case he was single so not a bad way to go out if true.
Brings a whole new meaning to a massage with happy ending.

Still can’t believe he’s gone. Top bloke was Warney, genius as a leggie and vain flawed genius as a person, but an ironically down to earth, lovely, generous and funny vain flawed genius none the less. RIP.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
One of my 3 favorite Aussies along with Adam Gilchrist and Richie Benaud. Always fun to watch and listen to.

RIP Warnie. Sad, sad, sad!

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Warne's memorial is on at the MCG tonight 7pm Melbourne time (9am London time)

50kish people will be there to celebrate the life of a great Melbournian, Victorian and Australian.

I am confident of seeing another Bradman, but another Warne is something I know I shall never see again.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The memorial hit you in the feels. Seemed like a top bloke who was always friendly and generous to all.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The memorial service for Warnie is a long one but well worth watching although not everybody you hear from will be familiar to those outside Australia.

zing

Zingle balls
The memorial hit you in the feels. Seemed like a top bloke who was always friendly and generous to all.
Generally people go overboard with the fake praise after someone's death, but with Warne it all seems very genuine, and it's a shame we heard none of this when he was alive

arnie_ni

Still can't get over the lack of emotion from Richie benaud on that getting ball. I actually chuckle everytime.