Shaw/AWB - Tactics or by chance?

RedStarUnited

Why is that Wan Bisaka ends up spending a lot more time high up the field than Shaw?

AndersB

Because there we lack cutting edge and play the ball back to the midfielders or centre backs a lot more.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Because teams afford more space to AWB and less to Shaw. It works because AWB is not that good offensively but probably should have had one assist today against Everton

-Supreme-

Shaw doesn't look fit to run up and down the flank, he's not even taking right sided corners anymore.

MrSingh2002

AWBs heart and Shaws technical ability = World Class Fullback

Shaws heart and AWBs technical ability = Sunday League Substitute

MrSingh2002

What on earth are you going on about? What's so special about AWB's heart? :lol: :houllier:
He's willing to attack and trys hard.

His limitation is in attacking talent. If he had more he'd be unstoppable and play for England.

Flytan

Shaw's been poor all season. It's been obvious by his treatment from former managers that he has motivational issues. Ole came in and instead of criticizing him got the best out of him, but that wasn't a long term solution because those same motivational issues still exist. He'll never be good long term. I disagree with how Mourinho called him lazy to the press and that LVG hinted at it too, but they're absolutely right. It should have just stayed in house. Not sure what that has to do with this thread but wanted to say it.

I don't get why we attack so much with AWB, he was okay with it today (Everton) but for the most part he's lackluster and we'd be better served attacking from different angles.

David De Gea

You never played 5 a side when there's one guy who can barely kick a ball and who takes about 4 touches to bring a simple ball under control? Then you wonder why is it this guy is always free, always getting the ball in good positions? Well I think (psychologically or not) people just realise when someone isn't a threat so they won't worry about marking them tightly, will give them more space and know there's a good chance "they'll give ye it" anyway

MrSingh2002

You never played 5 a side when there's one guy who can barely kick a ball and who takes about 4 touches to bring a simple ball under control? Then you wonder why is it this guy is always free, always getting the ball in good positions? Well I think (psychologically or not) people just realise when someone isn't a threat so they won't worry about marking them tightly, will give them more space and know there's a good chance "they'll give ye it" anyway
You're spot on. Never thought of it like that. No1s actually afraid of him or set up tactically to address him as a threat.

DoomSlayer

Shaw shouldn't have played, if he was ill and carries a shoulder injury, it's just bad player management from Solskjaer. He looked at about 50%, tried his best in my opinion, but wasn't fit to play a full game at all.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
First half AwB was really good. His delivery is getting better as are his runs with the ball. Once Rashford comes back and Sancho is shifted to his proper position (rw) I think we’ll see alot better from Arron

Hammondo

Shaw has to cover for a much lazier person in front of him.

Foxbatt

before the game both Owens said a lot of problems United face is because both FBs go to far forward. Hargreaves said that he played as RB sometimes for United and SAF would never let him wander forward like that. His first job is to defend and having so many players in a smaller space gets is jammed up. We should let our attackers do the attacking instead of relying on our defenders to open the opponents up all the time.