g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sheep draft QF - Joga Bonito vs BorisDeLaFora

Who would win based on player peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@Joga Bonito I know you are trying to avoid being linked with my fellow countryman, but can't you just call him L. Suárez (SPA)?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
20 minutes to go, Joga leads. What a drama
Thanks for the bump :mad:. Was hoping to sneak a 1 vote win. Squeaky bum time now.

Final push.

Bobo was a beast. A classic CF with bags of pace and built like a tank. He was unplayable at his peak dominating aerially and in one on one situations. A fearsome hulking presence who remains the all-time top scorer of headed goals in Serie A. A ruthless predator however the chances came to him, grabbing the Pichichi with 24 in 24 for Atletico and banging in 103 in 143 for Inter. Also awarded best player in Serie A and best Italian player twice, he got the WC Silver and Bronze boot on the back of a 9 in 9 World Cup record for a typically miserly Italy (unfortunately injured in 2006).

With an array of creative geniuses such as Hierro, Brehme, Schuster, Suárez, Littbarski and Czibor creating chances, Vieri would be in striker's dreamland.

Even Lucio and Tresor will find it hard to contain Vieri with a relentless barrage of piercing crosses coming in from the relatively unopposed Brehme, Czibor and Littbarski.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Tough luck Boris. You've crafted a fantastic team but I really do think that you lost a lot tactically, with Gerson in that role, esp with a knock on effect of sorts.

It meant Souness was over burdened holding the midfield alone defensively, which in turn meant that Passarella had to primarily focus on the midfield battle, depriving your WBs the full freedom to bomb forward to provide the much needed width. Or if he frequently dropped back, it would have left your midfield considerably weak.

If you just had a Falcao or a Van Hanegem type of midfielder there, half my argument falls flat on it's face. Heck even a less talented player on the ball like Effenberg, Neeskens, Lerby or Tigana would have been brilliant.

Anyway great team mate. Just wish there were more discussions in the thread but our match overlapping with Cutch/NM's match and the United match clearly didn't help.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Tough luck Boris. You've crafted a fantastic team but I really do think that you lost a lot tactically, with Gerson in that role, esp with a knock on effect of sorts.

It meant Souness was over burdened holding the midfield alone defensively, which in turn meant that Passarella had to primarily focus on the midfield battle.
Although I voted Boris on the basis that Passarella would run the game (acknowledging that Brehme could similarly influence matters), it was overkill having both Gerson and Socrates in there. Well argued Joga in any case, and going forward the draft will be richer for your expansive posts.