Sheep Draft R1 - Tuppet v Cal?

What do you think the score will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Tuppet just too much sheep to pull this off. One or two less and it'd be a far more even contest.

@Gio Couple of suggestions:

- Put up the two team sheets side by side in OP. Easier to compare without scrolling up and down.
- Can you include the team line up (with sheep highlighted in red) in OP? Certain picks are not usual draft level picks and would help to differentiate.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Tuppet just too much sheep to pull this off. One or two less and it'd be a far more even contest.

@Gio Couple of suggestions:

- Put up the two team sheets side by side in OP. Easier to compare without scrolling up and down.
- Can you include the team line up (with sheep highlighted in red) in OP? Certain picks are not usual draft level picks and would help to differentiate.
On no1 yeah I'm open to that. As for no2, I will trust in the knowledge of the voters to make those distinctions.

Enigma_87

You know who
Tuppet had managed to get some really great players, but the amount of sheep let him down. With some of his players who I expect to score a few. Cal? is the winner here tho.

sajeev

Vidic and Gary Neville overrated? :confused:
Yup.

Gary Neville, got away being part of a great team, he was never really influential and we never really missed him in his absences. Wes Brown was more effective in 2008 season, and of course Rafael was our second best player and contributor during our last title win (there will be some who would say Carrick but I disagree but G.Neville was never even our third best player during a season). He was a good crosser of the ball but could be beaten by most attackers. Remember him being a reason for our weak defence in 2001-02 season apart from our central defence partnership. He only did well when part of a really good defence.

As for Vidic, no defender who had to make so many last ditch tackles/blocks should be rated so highly.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Gary Neville, got away being part of a great team, he was never really influential and we never really missed him in his absences. Wes Brown was more effective in 2008 season, and of course Rafael was our second best player and contributor during our last title win (there will be some who would say Carrick but I disagree but G.Neville was never even our third best player during a season). He was a good crosser of the ball but could be beaten by most attackers. Remember him being a reason for our weak defence in 2001-02 season apart from our central defence partnership. He only did well when part of a really good defence.
This, I can agree with. Neville was never a full back who made a significant impact in matches. However, what I do disagree with is how we never missed him. During his later years, Neville was on a physical decline, which made it more difficult for him to be effective. Plus, he was also decent going forward as a full back with some nice crossing, so when Brown started getting injured again, we had to use O'Shea when Rafael was still developing, and I know that most weren't too satisfied with O'Shea going forward.
As for Vidic, no defender who had to make so many last ditch tackles/blocks should be rated so highly.
This is an exaggeration. Vidic wasn't someone who always had to recover in order to keep clean sheets. His positioning was quite good, and that's what made him effective for us, especially when balls were constantly crossed into our box. The blocking doesn't necessarily demonstrate a last-ditch approach as well. That can also demonstrate good positioning, and that's what Vidic demonstrated more often than not.

However, having said that, being able to recover to your position quickly and effectively enough is always a good trait unless you solely rely on that. *cough* Gary Cahill *cough*

Cal?

CR7 fan
This, I can agree with. Neville was never a full back who made a significant impact in matches. However, what I do disagree with is how we never missed him. During his later years, Neville was on a physical decline, which made it more difficult for him to be effective. Plus, he was also decent going forward as a full back with some nice crossing, so when Brown started getting injured again, we had to use O'Shea when Rafael was still developing, and I know that most weren't too satisfied with O'Shea going forward.

This is an exaggeration. Vidic wasn't someone who always had to recover in order to keep clean sheets. His positioning was quite good, and that's what made him effective for us, especially when balls were constantly crossed into our box. The blocking doesn't necessarily demonstrate a last-ditch approach as well. That can also demonstrate good positioning, and that's what Vidic demonstrated more often than not.

However, having said that, being able to recover to your position quickly and effectively enough is always a good trait unless you solely rely on that. *cough* Gary Cahill *cough*
Well said, it's very harsh to judge Gary on his latter years when he was clearly on the decline, but the time during the late 90s-early 00s he was no doubt one of the best fullbacks in the league.

As for Vidic, personally think he was one of the best 'hard defenders', his combination with Rio was the bedrock of our domininance of the late 00s