• Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Team Cutch

PLAYER PROFILES
EDWIN VAN DER SAR
One of the most reliable and acclaimed goalkeepers of the last 20 years. Had a wonderfully long and glittering career for club and country.

JAVIER ZANETTI
19 years at Inter Milan and an astonishing 145 caps for Argentina. One of the finest fullbacks of all time. Physical powerhouse and a model of consistency.

ALESSANDRO NESTA
The best defender of his generation. Tremendous composure inside the box, incredible positional sense off the ball and highly accurate anticipation of a striker’s movement inside the final third were some attributes that would describe Nesta’s defensive prowess. His calming influence has brought out the best in many that have played alongside him.

DANIEL PASSARELLA
Argentina's magnificent 'El Grand Capitan', one of the all time great defenders. Inspirational leader and the second most prolific goal scoring defender of all time. Despite his average height Passarella was phenomenal in the air at both ends of the pitch. Wonderful organiser and reader of the game.

NILTON SANTOS
Legendary Brazilian left back selected in the FIFA world team of century in 1998. A defender so complete he was nicknamed ‘The Encyclopaedia of Football’. Revolutionised the position of attacking fullback and inspired generations of Brazilian that followed in that position. Outstanding in attack with his pace, world-class dribbling and crossing.

MARCEL DESAILLY
A colossus of a defensive midfield player in Capello's all conquering Milan side. Incredibly strong and fast, he combined his physical capabilities with great defensive abilities.

JOZSEF BOZSIK
Forget the likes of Pirlo and Alonso, Jozsef Bozsik is considered the finest deep lying playmaker in the history of the game. The brains of one of the best sides of all time, Hungary’s Mighty Magyars that dominated the 1950's.
There are few historical players who would have been more valued in the modern game. For Bozsik possessed the gift that is the most valued in contemporary football and the hardest to find, that of time. He had the ability and composure to wait for the right option and to execute what few others could even see. In an era where such qualities are at a premium, Bozsik would have been peerless.

SIR BOBBY CHARLTON
Arguably the finest player to come out of English football. Man Utd and Englands all time goalscorer. A legend of the game. A gentleman of honesty and integrity. Personified the Busby Babes – the triumph, tragedy and the ability to rise from the munich air disaster to restore the glory days to the club. His game displayed grace, speed, athleticism and a thunderous shot.

FRANCISCO 'PACO' GENTO
Trophies, trophies and more trophies. That’s the story of the career of A player many believe to be the best left-winger of all time and the only player in history to win six European Cups. Gento had lightning pace, fantastic dribbling skills and perfect accuracy in his crosses, and he played in one of the truly great Real Madrid teams. Along with Di Stefano, Kopa, Rial and Puskas he was part of a stunning forward line that led the team to win five consecutive European Cups. He was scorer of a not too shabby 182 goals in 602 matches.
http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/players/player=174556/index.html

JAIRZINHO
After Garrincha and other lieutenants got retired, in 1970 the entire football world was curious who would back up Pelé at the World Cup. Brasil 1970 turned out to be a Dream Team and Jairzinho was arguably the finest, most electrifying member of that abundantly talented group of players.
Jairzinho scored in each and every match of the World Cup 1970, finishing with seven goals and a reputation as one of the world’s best players. Much more of a team player than his predecessor Garrincha, Jairzinho was so direct always looking to get on the end of passing moves.

MARCO VAN BASTEN
World player of the year in 1992 and 3 time European footballer of the year. Voted 12th in the FIFA player of the century. 3 time European cup winner with Milan and starred for Holland in the 88 Euros scoring 1 of the best goals of all time in the final.

TEAM
In between the sticks is the calming presence of Edwin Van Der Sar.

'El Grand Capitan' Daniel Passarella is in charge of marshalling the back 4 alongside the silky Alessandro Nesta. With KPS88 likely employing the lone striker Puskas, Nesta's athleticism and reading of the game makes him the perfect man to mark Puskas, one of the worlds great strikers but without the pace to get away from Nesta. Passarella plays on his favoured left side of centre defence as a spare man to assist particularly with the threat of Garrincha and Platini. At left back is the great Nilton Santos 'The Encyclopaedia', inspiration and mentor to his opposite number here, Garrincha. A fascinating battle but with Nilton Santos' game exuding composure and elegance and typified with beautifully timed challenges and intelligent interceptions i could not be more fortunate here. Nilton Santos will play a controlled game where necessary but is clever enough to also try and test whether Garrincha wants to track him back at the other end (which is unlikely). At right back is another classy performer, the tireless 'El Tractor' Javier Zanetti, a model of consistency for the last 20 years.

In midfield, infront of the back 4 is the powerhouse Marcel Desailly in the position where he made his name in the great Capello AC Milan side. Desailly's main role will be to protect the defence, to break up play and stop the influence of the player he's directly up against here, his fellow countryman Platini. Desailly will provide protection for the classy Jozsef Bozsik, the brains of the fantastic 1950s Hungarian 'Mighty Magyars' team to stamp his class on his game as chief playmaker with his outstanding range and timing of pass. Not the quickest, i've ensured that Bozsik has pace, power and athleticism nearby, so aswell as Desailly in behind, just infront is the legendary England and Manchester United player 'Sir Bobby Charlton', record scorer for club and country and one that needs no introduction.

On the wings is 2 world class and direct flying machines. Francisco Gento on the left, one of the most decorated players in the game will provide genuine width, using his searing pace and crossing. Jairzinho on the right offers something similar but in addition is much more of a goalscoring attacker than an orthodox touchline hugging winger, so will get into the box and link the attack more than Gento will. A scorer in every match in the 1970 World Cup he gives an added goalscoring threat.

Upfront i've reinforced with probably the best all round lead the line forward you could imagine, the great Marco Van Basten. Marco offers the perfect focal point in attack against KPS' tough and resolute defence. Van Basten knows all about looking after himself against tough Serie A defenders like Scirea and Cannavaro. He's the perfect link up and hold up attacker and provides a great target from particularly Gento's deliveries. With Cannavaro and Scirea 5'9'' and 5'10' respectively MVB will fancy himself to get a head one of these pinpoint deliveries.

vs

Team kps88
Defense: Providing the defensive base for my team is the world class Italian trio of Cannavaro, Scirea and Zoff. All three are defensive legends of the game with unrivalled leadership qualities and experience. Between the three of them, they should be able to deal with any type of striker they come up against. On either side of the trio are Brehme and Bergomi. Brehmewill be given the license to support Laudrup in attack when suitable.

Midfield and Attack: The job of Redondo - Tigana is to provide a stable base and allow the wealth of attacking and creative talent ahead of them to shine. Having such a solid pairing behind him will allow one of the greatest playmakers in the world in Platini, reunited with his compatriot Tigana, the freedom to drift where he chooses and exert his influence on the game. With a goal scoring record of 265 goals in 504 games, he is a big goal threat as well.

On either side of Platini are very different options. On the right is Garrincha, who will provide traditional width and a raw, direct threat. His presence will ensure the opposition full back is pinned backed and would often need a second player on the cover to help deal with the Brazilian. On the left is Laudrup – the perfect team player who offers yet another creative presence in the team. He will be ably supported by Brehme on his outside and I expect them to strike up a deadly partnership.

Leading the line is the legendary Puskas, who has the incredible scoring record of 592 goals in 606 games for club and country. With the sheer amount of creative and attacking talent surrounding him, I’m confident he will either get chances himself or create chances for others to score.

Each of my front four are capable of deciding the game on their own and it’s going to be quite the challenge to contain them all.

Last edited:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
A great side kps has but you've got to ask yourself the question are there too many cooks. I've seen sides built around Platini, built around Garrincha and built around Laudrup but can you have a side where all 3 can play in tandem. Garrincha certainly will do his own thing, but will he be even more infuriating with less of the ball, and how would Platini react to this competition.

I think my front 6 have all clearly defined roles, and no one is under any illusions who the main men in this team are. In midfield Desailly is the enforcer, Bozsik the creator and Charlton the driving force. On the wings Gento is used to playing in teams built around Di Stefano and Puskas, and Jairzinho in all star teams with the likes of Pele Rivelino and Tostao, both are undoubtedly team players in a system here where they can flourish. Finally Van Basten as the sole striker, you can have no better man.

Kps team has a bit more questions to ask. The pair of Redondo and Tigana, both are quite similar and i'd think both would prefer a more robust holding player alongside them, someone like Desailly actually. The 3 further forward i've already touched on, and Puskas up top, another great but can he look after himself if he's struggling for support up there the same way Marco Van Basten could as there'll not be the same movement around him that the hungarian Mighty Magyars had.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
A great side kps has but you've got to ask yourself the question are there too many cooks. I've seen sides built around Platini, built around Garrincha and built around Laudrup but can you have a side where all 3 can play in tandem. Garrincha certainly will do his own thing, but will he be even more infuriating with less of the ball, and how would Platini react to this competition.

I think my front 6 have all clearly defined roles, and no one is under any illusions who the main men in this team are. In midfield Desailly is the enforcer, Bozsik the creator and Charlton the driving force. On the wings Gento is used to playing in teams built around Di Stefano and Puskas, and Jairzinho in all star teams with the likes of Pele Rivelino and Tostao, both are undoubtedly team players in a system here where they can flourish. Finally Van Basten as the sole striker, you can have no better man.

Kps team has a bit more questions to ask. The pair of Redondo and Tigana, both are quite similar and i'd think both would prefer a more robust holding player alongside them, someone like Desailly actually. The 3 further forward i've already touched on, and Puskas up top, another great but can he look after himself if he's struggling for support up there the same way Marco Van Basten could as there'll not be the same movement around him that the hungarian Mighty Magyars had.
I can't find anything to disagree with there. Two brilliant teams, but on initial impressions there's a clearer structure to yours and no shortage of individual quality either. It looks an ideal setup for Charlton to thrive in. A great line-leading striker ahea of him, options on either wing, and a midfield pair behind him that can win the ball back and get it into his feet.

One slight question mark is whether Gento will have the beating of Bergomi often enough to provide the crosses that Van Basten could utilise his height advantage from.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I love all of kps' front 4 individually and have picked them all before. I can't see them working as a unit at all and that will prove the difference between two sides boasting stellar back 5s.

Happy birthday @Skizzo, well run draft with @Balu as your minion.

MDFC Manager

Yeah I think a worker like Donadoni on the left could address that, though you probably also lose a bit of vote pulling ability (unfairly IMO). Also playing Donadoni would also allow the visual effect of sticking out both the wingers wider than they are in the graphic, thus allowing (at least) the perception that Platini has loads of spaces to work in, without anyone coming in his way

kps88

Good luck, @Cutch. Brought out the big guns with that formation graphic!

Well built side and I agree your team has more clearly defined roles. Think my front four has an edge in terms of individual quality and match winning ability though it's up to the voter to decide how well they will play together.

The likes of Laudrup, Platini, Tigana, Redondo are all extremely intelligent team players who I think are capable of adapting to each other's games. If Platini is seeing a lot of the ball, that's a good thing and it means he is influencing things. If he feels he's not making enough of an impact, it gives Laudrup the chance to shine and vice versa. Add Garrincha in the mix for the x-factor -something completely different to the other attacking players. There's four all time greats all playing in positions they are all familiar with; all four good enough to play in any team in the world.

The fact that there's no main man in the setup is what makes it so unpredictable and difficult to stop. I concede though that it's not as obvious and functional as Cutch's set up. It requires a bit of romance and imagination from the voter's part, but if it does come together it would be unstoppable and beautiful to watch.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I can't find anything to disagree with there. Two brilliant teams, but on initial impressions there's a clearer structure to yours and no shortage of individual quality either. It looks an ideal setup for Charlton to thrive in. A great line-leading striker ahea of him, options on either wing, and a midfield pair behind him that can win the ball back and get it into his feet.

One slight question mark is whether Gento will have the beating of Bergomi often enough to provide the crosses that Van Basten could utilise his height advantage from.
I'd say it's a fairly even battle. A great outside left against a great defensive RB. I do think Gento gets a tad bit underrated in general, seeing as he is one of the best left wingers ever imo.

He was the player who provided the width, pace and balance to that Real side which featured centrally oriented geniuses such as Puskas, Di Stefano and Kopa. Kopa was actually shoehorned fairly out wide (inside right) in that side and didn't have the best of times at Real, at least not to the extent that he did for Stade Reims or France. Gento here is the best tactical foil possible (bar Czibor) in this draft for Charlton and Jairzinho, providing them with the space and platform to shine. In fact, to be brutally honest, I'd expect Gento at LW (alongside Sir Bobby & Jairzinho) to have a better game here than Laudrup at LAM (alongside Garrincha & Platini) despite being a lesser name.

Gento obviously won't have his usual impact, given that he's up against Bergomi, but I do expect him to get past him on occasion and put in threatening crosses for MvB. Likewise Bergomi will get the better of him at times, an even contest without anyone having the particular edge, like I've said earlier.

A reminder of what he can do on his day. As far as I know, he does seem to be underappreciated for some reason.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Bloody hell, no weekneses in either team
Aye, that's what I'm thinking as well.

Van Basten was a great upgrade for Cutch and Kps went from having a pretty underwhelming defence to a near perfect one.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I think Laudrup looks great here and IMO it was a no brainer to start him. As the video below shows he often played on the left and I can see him being a huge threat cutting inside and slipping passes through to Puskas or Mane.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I actually like Kps' team again (was really disappointed in the semis). No problems with Laudrup on the left, he certainly won't be a third wheel here.

Hard to decide, as it should be in a final game. Cutch has a little more balanced team and kps just edges it in individual quality.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Two great teams but one is far more cohesive than the other IMO.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I'd say it's a fairly even battle. A great outside left against a great defensive RB. I do think Gento gets a tad bit underrated in general, seeing as he is one of the best left wingers ever imo.

He was the player who provided the width, pace and balance to that Real side which featured centrally oriented geniuses such as Puskas, Di Stefano and Kopa. Kopa was actually shoehorned fairly out wide (inside right) in that side and didn't have the best of times at Real, at least not to the extent that he did for Stade Reims or France. Gento here is the best tactical foil possible (bar Czibor) in this draft for Charlton and Jairzinho, providing them with the space and platform to shine. In fact, to be brutally honest, I'd expect Gento at LW (alongside Sir Bobby & Jairzinho) to have a better game here than Laudrup at LAM (alongside Garrincha & Platini) despite being a lesser name.

Gento obviously won't have his usual impact, given that he's up against Bergomi, but I do expect him to get past him on occasion and put in threatening crosses for MvB. Likewise Bergomi will get the better of him at times, an even contest without anyone having the particular edge, like I've said earlier.

A reminder of what he can do on his day. As far as I know, he does seem to be underappreciated for some reason.

Good post. Aye, I'd seen it is a fairly even individual battle, but was curious as to what others thought about their individual quality and how they'd match up stylistically. Gento hasn't really attracted that much discussion so far, and some of the comments that have been made haven't been an overwhelming endorsement of him IIRC.

antohan

Good post. Aye, I'd seen it is a fairly even individual battle, but was curious as to what others thought about their individual quality and how they'd match up stylistically. Gento hasn't really attracted that much discussion so far, and some of the comments that have been made haven't been an overwhelming endorsement of him IIRC.
Gento looks a lot more useful now with Jairzinho on the other wing. Before it all looked quite one-dimensional with him and Matthews, both doing much the same and stretching the pitch yet not much coming through the middle (in terms of numbers).

Jairzinho will have a great game here, cutting inside and overloading that defensive core. He will be more effective than Garrincha, no doubt in my mind about it.

VivaJanuzaj

I expected more action for this game, but I have to say I can't think of many things to say myself to spark up the action.. Both teams are incredibly good and balanced and I can't seem to find any real mismatches. Went with Cutch eventually as I think he's overall team will work better and I don't like Laudrup in that role as much as I love him in the central role, but can't say it's a weakness really.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Cutch played a blinder picking Jairzinho as he provides much more centrally than Matthews thereby providing more support for MVB. Overall Cutch's side is far more cohesive than Kps so I'm going for him.

antohan

The final was played two rounds ago when a weaker @Cutch beat a side from @NM which was much better considering there have been 4 upgrades since then.

VivaJanuzaj

The final was played two rounds ago when a weaker @Cutch beat a side from @NM which was much better considering there have been 4 upgrades since then.
True, I almost gave Cutch a run for his money but even my orgasm-giving 4-4-2 wasn't enough. I reckon that if either me or kps gotten one more pick over Cutch it would've been a fair fight.

And to think he "wasted" a reinforcement pick for VDS. Jesus.

Great work @Cutch . Really well drafted, and that's the real thing in these.

Cutch

Cheers for the votes guys. Didn't expect such a lead at this stage.

Cutch played a blinder picking Jairzinho as he provides much more centrally than Matthews thereby providing more support for MVB. Overall Cutch's side is far more cohesive than Kps so I'm going for him.
Yeah, that was basically it, being able to mix it up a bit more in attack with something a bit different. Jairzinho was a good fit and a very easy straight swap to make without changing the balance or dynamics of the rest of the team.

That was a bad draw for NM really, if he got through that one it was likely him right now with the big lead here. He certainly deserved to get further.

True, I almost gave Cutch a run for his money but even my orgasm-giving 4-4-2 wasn't enough. I reckon that if either me or kps gotten one more pick over Cutch it would've been a fair fight.

And to think he "wasted" a reinforcement pick for VDS. Jesus.

Great work @Cutch . Really well drafted, and that's the real thing in these.
Cheers, fine margins indeed. You were definately one big name player short in the end just whereas i might have had a slight head start from the drafting, which went well after the first round sheep with the exception of the Krol/Sadurni double pick. Getting VDS in did seem like a waste with so many goats knocking about but that was gettin rid of the obvious elephant in the room who'd have came back to bite me at some point.

NM

Well, I didn't want to say it then but it was the final. Both of us had got really good/lucky in the drafting phase, and were ahead of the pack.

Brilliant tries by both Viva and KPS though.

I have had the WORST possible luck this week so @Cutch was always going to beat me on penalties.

Whose running the next one and when?

NM

That was a bad draw for NM really, if he got through that one it was likely him right now with the big lead here. He certainly deserved to get further.
Bad draw for whoever lost. The winner was always the facorite going forward.

However, I did think I had more upgradeable players than you (at least in my head) so would have preferred to face you now after 6 total upgrades rather than 2 total upgrades.

antohan

Bad draw for whoever lost. The winner was always the facorite going forward.

However, I did think I had more upgradeable players than you (at least in my head) so would have preferred to face you now after 6 total upgrades rather than 2 total upgrades.
Your front three looked better than kps' front four currently does. Zé Roberto in a Di María role of sorts would have been a great fit, but probably one of those needing to be upgraded "just because". And you would have got Desailly for Gattuso as you picked before Cutch, which in turn would have left him with Simeone.

You would have literally had to pick players for the sake of it because 7-8 of the above can hardly be improved on.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I am going with the draw in this game, both sides seem evenly matched. It would come down to performances on the day.. and as I have been a big fan of Cutch throughout, I would be loathe to vote against him it is just that KPS's side.. has so many great footballers and it would be the more beautiful team to watch in my opinion. It is a stunning work of art.. v a slightly less beautiful work of art but one which possesses a greater purpose/meaning.

I don't think the votes reflect the great job KPS has done to upgrade his side and how close the game would be in reality, but it does seem fitting that Cutch wins this draft - he had the stand out side from day one and has managed the campaign brilliantly.

NM

@antohan do you reckon that the formation you put would beat Cutch? Rather than my 5 at the back?

antohan

@antohan do you reckon that the formation you put would beat Cutch? Rather than my 5 at the back?
I said so at the time, voted for you but thought you had missed a trick there.

Schwarzenbeck successfully covered a libero and attacking fullback either side of him for club and country. Scirea could push forward to start moves so long as Carlos Alberto stayed tucked in.

Rio, great defender or not, was surplus to requirements and in exchange you could have Gattuso stuck to Sir Bobby and add Zé Roberto who would contribute far more going forward than CA in an ill-fitting wingback role.

Platini would start his moves from deep with Tardelli and Zé the runners either side of him. That would have been terrifying, let alone for a holding midfield of Bozsik and Simeone.

I never understood the hard on for replacing Hamrin. Platini always had a wingforward upfront who would alternate between wide and central positions (Rocheteau, Bettega, Boniek). Like Jairzinho here, Hamrin didn't just fit like a glove but brought a significant goalscoring record with him. I'd argue there has never been a better use of Hamrin in a draft, shame it seemed to be unwanted and accidental, and not a deliberate deployment.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Very evenly matched. Cutch's team is beautifully crafted. Kps not quite as perfect but packs more punch in its attacking midfield trio. No problems with Kps' left flank, Brehme and Laudrup would be devastating going forward there. The two club and country mates, Garrincha and Nilton Santos, would have an intriguing battle. There's a great story in Garrincha's book where they are playing a trial match to select the squad for the 1958 World Cup. And Garrincha is giving Nilton a bit of a doing, repeatedly going past him, but is told by Didi to calm it down to prevent jeopardising the left-back's spot in the squad for Sweden.

Cutch

I never understood the hard on for replacing Hamrin. Platini always had a wingforward upfront who would alternate between wide and central positions (Rocheteau, Bettega, Boniek). Like Jairzinho here, Hamrin didn't just fit like a glove but brought a significant goalscoring record with him. I'd argue there has never been a better use of Hamrin in a draft, shame it seemed to be unwanted and accidental, and not a deliberate deployment.
You see how considerate i was giving him Hamrin while i got Zanetti in return preventing another Eyzaguirre/Suurbier type debacle. Everyone happy!

I am going with the draw in this game, both sides seem evenly matched. It would come down to performances on the day.. and as I have been a big fan of Cutch throughout, I would be loathe to vote against him it is just that KPS's side.. has so many great footballers and it would be the more beautiful team to watch in my opinion. It is a stunning work of art.. v a slightly less beautiful work of art but one which possesses a greater purpose/meaning.

I don't think the votes reflect the great job KPS has done to upgrade his side and how close the game would be in reality, but it does seem fitting that Cutch wins this draft - he had the stand out side from day one and has managed the campaign brilliantly.
Cheers mate. Thanks for the support throughout :)

Very evenly matched. Cutch's team is beautifully crafted. Kps not quite as perfect but packs more punch in its attacking midfield trio. No problems with Kps' left flank, Brehme and Laudrup would be devastating going forward there. The two club and country mates, Garrincha and Nilton Santos, would have an intriguing battle. There's a great story in Garrincha's book where they are playing a trial match to select the squad for the 1958 World Cup. And Garrincha is giving Nilton a bit of a doing, repeatedly going past him, but is told by Didi to calm it down to prevent jeopardising the left-back's spot in the squad for Sweden.
Theres a couple of good storys about Santos and Garrincha. Another i heard was that Garrincha the notorious wild child wouldn't take a drink with Nilton near him out of respect. Nilton was seemingly the only one that could get Garrincha to behave. Seemed very much like a father/son type relationship.

antohan

He would be an ungrateful feck otherwise. Garrincha almost didn't make it as a footballer, he was refused trials repeatedly and coaches laughed at his bent legs and the way he walked like he was disabled (which he was, technically, the result of polio, iirc).

Then he forced his way into a kickabout and gave Nilton such a torrid time he went himself to beg the Botafogo authorities to sign him "so that I never have to face him".

Last edited:

antohan

You see how considerate i was giving him Hamrin while i got Zanetti in return preventing another Eyzaguirre/Suurbier type debacle. Everyone happy!
I still enjoyed the trolling after they kept banging on about Pirlo/Platini making for a perfect diamond... only to get a winger. It was good fun, particularly when it became clear they were really confused as to how to fit him in :lol:

Cutch

I still enjoyed the trolling after they kept banging on about Pirlo/Platini making for a perfect diamond... only to get a winger. It was good fun, particularly when it became clear they were really confused as to how to fit him in :lol:
It just came at the right time that move. NM made a lightning fast start to the draft and was looking unbeatable so had to try and slow him down a notch.

That was my best round i think. Blocking Nilton (who a couple went for) and not the obvious Charlton (who no one went for), then nicking Zanetti while everyone else fecked about for 3 rounds trying to swipe Platini/Puskas. Swapped Hamrin out but replaced him next round with Matthews so worked out well.

The other round that surprised me was the one i got Nilton and Bozsik in one swoop. No one seemed to bother to check the dismissals prior to the 1970 World Cup when the red and yellow cards were introduced apart from Annah (Garrincha/Landa). Delighted to get those 2 straight after a first round sheep.

antohan

The other round that surprised me was the one i got Nilton and Bozsik in one swoop. No one seemed to bother to check the dismissals prior to the 1970 World Cup when the red and yellow cards were introduced apart from Annah (Garrincha/Landa). Delighted to get those 2 straight after a first round sheep.
That's a pretty notorious game and sending offs, I doubt no one checked it, more a case of people not wanting to nail their teams to Bozsik just for the sake of getting Nilton with so many great LBs knocking about. Delighted he got the credit he deserved here, but in the past he has been the sort of chap you got becaause you wanted a suicidal WM theme or because you ran out of options in midfield. I'm pretty sure the average manager out there would take Redondo before him.

NM

It just came at the right time that move. NM made a lightning fast start to the draft and was looking unbeatable so had to try and slow him down a notch.

That was my best round i think. Blocking Nilton (who a couple went for) and not the obvious Charlton (who no one went for), then nicking Zanetti while everyone else fecked about for 3 rounds trying to swipe Platini/Puskas. Swapped Hamrin out but replaced him next round with Matthews so worked out well.

I had Bozsik/Santos scouted. I thought they were certain to be blocked, so didn't go for them. I was CLOSE though. Seems the correct option in hindsight because Tadelli/Platini was attempted by somebody else in pick 2.

And also, you made all the right moves to hurt me, and then eliminated me. Basically, your a cnut!
:lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I made two major goofup's, both in two player rounds.
- First was a option between Krol/Neeskens and Rio/Scholes. Went for later as former pool was nothing and later blocked will give me a new pool. Sadly ended up with Pantsil.
- Second was a option to go for Muller/Pele. Ignored Pele and went for Krol who was blocked and ended up eventually with Djemba x2.

Oh, what it could have been!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Congrats @Cutch . Well deserved win, brilliant drafting throughout the sheep rounds and great picks in the reinforcement rounds.