Shooting in El Paso, Texas | 3rd August 2019

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Guardian said:
Just before leaving Washington to visit with shooting victims,
Trump said there is “no political appetite” for a ban on assault weapons.

SteveJ

Scout
“I am concerned for any group of hate,” Trump said, according to a pool report. “I don’t like it ... whether it’s white supremacy or any other kind of supremacy, whether it’s antifa, whether it’s any group or kind of hate
:rolleyes:

SteveJ

Scout
I'm sure we're all rightly tired and cynical about games, music, paracetamol etc being blamed for gun violence but, nevertheless, there's some food for thought here:
Recently, there was a controversy over the inclusion of white phosphorus as a “reward” weapon in the forthcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Players who get enough kills in the multiplayer mode will be able to unlock this potentially devastating chemical weapon and drop it on their competitors – an action that in real-life would be questionable under international law. Knowing the horrific physical effects of white phosphorus exposure to the human body (it can burn down to the bone and particles may reignite weeks after contact), many have asked whether this is really a suitable munition to offer as a reward.
Video games do not cause violence – but makers do need to think about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...violence-but-makers-do-need-to-think-about-it

Carolina Red

Staff
I'm sure we're all rightly tired and cynical about games, music, paracetamol etc being blamed for gun violence but, nevertheless, there's some food for thought here:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...violence-but-makers-do-need-to-think-about-it
As to the quote... It's a game called Modern Warfare. Willie Pete is part of modern warfare. I mean, hell... you get the WP for going on a kill streak, but they're worried about the reward being WP? :lol:

hobbers

This is the same game that has also had tactical nukes as killstreaks. The thoughtless bastards.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

I do wonder sometimes if these games cause vulnerable people to be able to distance themselves from reality. Killing to them is just a game, which they enjoy and it releases built up frustration and tension. I’m sure that I’ve not expressed myself there as well as I would have liked but I’m sure you can get the gist of what I’m trying to say.

Last edited:

SteveJ

Scout
El Paso shooter said he was targeting "Mexicans"
The El Paso suspect confessed to authorities that he was the shooter and told them that he was targeting “Mexicans,” the Washington Post reports:

Law enforcement officials responding to the scene spotted a car stopped at an intersection not far from the Walmart, an El Paso police detective wrote in an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by The Washington Post.

They then saw a man — identified as Patrick Crusius, the 21-year-old charged with capital murder in the case — get out of the car with his hands in the air, the affidavit said.

He told them, ‘I’m the shooter,’ Det. Adrian Garcia said in the affidavit, which was written on Sunday, the day after the shooting.

According to Garcia’s affidavit, Crusius waived his right to an attorney and agreed to speak, telling them that he traveled from Allen, Tex., a suburb of Dallas, with an assault rifle and multiple magazines.

‘The defendant stated once inside the store he opened fire using his AK-47 shooting multiple innocent victims,’ Garcia wrote. The detective added that Crusius said his targets were ‘Mexicans.’

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Seriously, not even bloody news worthy anymore.

Gun toting Americans are literally the stupidest people that currently exist.