Shooting in West Texas - 31 Aug 2019 - Casualties confirmed

Revan

Assumptionman
When shooters regularly target members of the NRA and GOP politicians. They only care about themselves.
It happened with GOP politicians once, and nothing changed.

I think the best scenario is for a shooter to shoot in one one NRA parades where everyone has guns, which will result in them shooting and a massacre happening. The good guy with a gun argument would be demolished right there, presumably because they are all good guys with guns and still dozens will die.

Yep, I know it is a bit senseless to say this, but better lunatics who are harmful to society than innocent teens dying. feck NRA, they should be treated same as ISIS.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Thread by a madman.
The irony is that Texas loosened gun restrictions today.
Sigh. There it is, the God-given right.

And “I say NO to “red flag” pre-crime laws. NO to universal background checks. NO to bans on AR-15s, or high capacity magazines. NO to mandatory gun buybacks.”

How fecking corrupt or brainwashed do you have to be to write something like that.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It happened with GOP politicians once, and nothing changed.

I think the best scenario is for a shooter to shoot in one one NRA parades where everyone has guns, which will result in them shooting and a massacre happening. The good guy with a gun argument would be demolished right there, presumably because they are all good guys with guns and still dozens will die.

Yep, I know it is a bit senseless to say this, but better lunatics who are harmful to society than innocent teens dying. feck NRA, they should be treated same as ISIS.
C'mon clearly in that situation it will be used as proof from the lobbies that NRA members NEED open carry of fully automatic machine guns... Drone mounted 50 caliber sniper rifles and tactical nukes to keep people safe

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If this is Midland, there's a bible and a gun in every room of every house. It's a place straight out of a John Wayne movie.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Empty tweet from the Prez. Looks like he's got the message with the 'thoughts and prayers'.

Dante

Average bang
When are the leaders of the white Christian community going to condemn these terrorists?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That fecker would never have the gall or bravery to repeat those statements directly in the face of a grieving parent.
Have those grieving parents (and I'm talking about every parent in the states by this metaphor) done anything noticeable/significant thus far to prevent this happening to their own flesh and blood?

For decades I've been saying this to my Pakistani relatives who moan about voting in Zardari and Sharif, and then claiming they have stolen all their earnings : if you let thieves into your house, open all the safes and then not speak up when they walk out with your savings then they're not to blame.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
If this is Midland, there's a bible and a gun in every room of every house. It's a place straight out of a John Wayne movie.
It mostly took place in Odessa, supposedly once the murder capital of the US when popular for oilfield roughnecks and people moving drugs out of El Paso. Still is, kinda.

But yes, you portray an accurate image of Midland. Your social status is based on your brand of cowboy boots.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
When are the leaders of the white Christian community going to condemn these terrorists?
The day hell freezes over.

And given that hell, heaven, god and all that nonsense is imaginary that means never.

Cloud7

Why white Chistians?
You must have missed how anytime there's an incident involving a muslim person people come out saying "Why aren't the muslim religious leaders and community leaders speaking out against this?"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You must have missed how anytime there's an incident involving a muslim person people come out saying "Why aren't the muslim religious leaders and community leaders speaking out against this?"
Plus: "Why aren't they apologising?" & "Why aren't they all monitored?"

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thread by a madman.
The irony is that Texas loosened gun restrictions today.
How is that not a satirical account? Or is it?

So basically, he thinks that the reason there's so many shootings there, is because Americans are more evil than the people in all other countries in the world? Not because of guns? Doesn't seem like a very MAGA thing to think.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not all white Christians are bad people. Some of the are perfectly normal like the rest of us.
Of course but our comments highlight the difference in attitude from leaders and media when it comes to Muslim people. It's non-physical ghettoisation.

Fridge chutney

Have those grieving parents (and I'm talking about every parent in the states by this metaphor) done anything noticeable/significant thus far to prevent this happening to their own flesh and blood?

For decades I've been saying this to my Pakistani relatives who moan about voting in Zardari and Sharif, and then claiming they have stolen all their earnings : if you let thieves into your house, open all the safes and then not speak up when they walk out with your savings then they're not to blame.
The grieving parents have done a lot:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/nyregion/sandy-hook-gun-lawsuit.html
https://www.msnbc.com/ali-velshi/wa...-on-push-for-new-gun-control-laws-66015301755
Etc.

I think your metaphor is disingenuous because you aren't affected by gun violence until you are. Unfortunately it will take a long time and a big cultural shift in the USA to address gun violence and mass shootings. This is made much more difficult by bodies such as the NRA and bible-thumping conservative voters.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Plus: "Why aren't they apologising?" & "Why aren't they all monitored?"
Presumably because the murderers in this instance aren’t justifying their acts on the basis that they’re taking part in a legitimate holy war. Hence there’s no need to bring their religious faith into the discussion.

Fridge chutney

Actually terrifying.

God doesn't exist ffs, how is 'it' controlling peoples lives and decision making in this way? I hate it.
I don't know if politicians like him use "God" to manipulate votes and policy outcomes to their advantage or actually believe that stuff. Either way, chilling and depressing.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't know if politicians like him use "God" to manipulate votes and policy outcomes to their advantage or actually believe that stuff. Either way, chilling and depressing.
Many of them really believe it, IMO. Of course, for some it is an easy way out.