Should January signings play in previously postponed fixtures?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Interesting quandary.

Hassenhuttle thinks no
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...signings-from-rearranged-games-premier-league

"“It is for us the same,” Hasenhüttl said. “We can also now with our new owners sign three players and I don’t think it is really fair for them to play in games that have been postponed. I think the last word is not spoken so far. I was disappointed we could not play because we have been in good shape. We also had five cases of Covid. It is not long ago that we had to fill up our team with nine academy players and then we got a big defeat against Man United.”

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He doesn't think it's fair but I'm sure he'll find a way to reconcile himself with it when they play.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Moyes thinks they shouldn't be allowed to play but then what if the players who were available for these fixtures (as per original schedule) are injured for rearranged schedule?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
They should be allowed to play, it has never been an issue before if a match is postponed because of the weather or a league game is put back because of a cup game. Just people thinking they are being clever and that they have come up with a talking point.

Robertd0803

So by that a player that may have been injured for the original tie shouldnt be eligible for the rearranged fixture either?

tompo18

Or how about players that were sold in January, maybe even in a swap deal for the newly signed player.

Can they play?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They shouldn't but there’s no rule stopping it and I can't see one being introduced.