Should Land mines be used in Soccer

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Alright guys. I've again went the extra mile and looking to introduce more excitement in to Soccer.

It's quite clear the game is dead and the game needs changed to bring life and excitement back in the game.

Here is my idea - It's not water tight and open to discussion.

I'd like to see 1 land mine positioned on the field of play at the beginning of each half. I'm not talking about the explosive nature of a land mine you'd see in Sierra Leone but enough of a land mine to create a bang, small explosion and excitement for the fans but limiting damage to the pitch. Which ever team walks on the land mine first gets a goal to compensate any injury.

As I say I'm only developing the idea - It's not watertight and I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe a player of the year award for player who finds the most landmines or school children could be involved by getting them to hide the mine.

Thoughts?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
A player goes through, beats the last defender, rounds the keeper and then misses an open goal and the commentator will say "I bet he wishes the ground would open up" Maybe it should, you could have a dozen or so trap-doors in each penalty area, and the defending Manager can open one of them once per half as a tactic if it looks as though his team will concede .....

Mindhunter

You are allowed to sub in the team bus at the cost of your four defenders and the goalkeeper. Then the bus can cover the entire length and height of the goal and the only way for the opponent team to score is to actually hit the ball with force on the windows, hoping that it will break open and allow them another shot at the window on the other side. If you can hit a ball so true that it flies through the two open windows then you get a goal.

Meanwhile the remaining 6 players of the defending team will stay up the pitch, hoping for one of the shots to ricochet of the bus onto their feet at which point they can mount an attack at the opposition goal.

meamth

Boring. Maybe they should introduce some raging bulls to the pitch. When the score is goalless for 60 minutes 2 raging bulls will enter the pitch, if they don't score the bulls won't be apprehended until the game is over..