• Yes

Votes: 72 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 42 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Right decision not to start him. Hopefully he can make a difference if he gets on the pitch.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How much blame do you put on Kane? He is clearly putting personal glory and ego ahead of the team by playing in this. He is clearly not fit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That was a mistake by Poch and he wasn't brave enough to rectify it at any point during the game.

That being said, Liverpool were lucky.

Winrar

Spurs' drop in form in the league in the second half of the season started when kane came back from injury and started right afterwards.

Should never have rushed him back just because he was a big name.

Reddy Rederson

Yep. He'll provide all kinds of threats to Liverpool:

* Ariel threats from corners, other set pieces and crosses.
* Shots from either foot from any angle or range - he can't be shepherded to his weaker side because he doesn't have one.
* Worldie-passes to Son or Eriksen or whoever as we break on the counter.
* Excellent record of one-on-one goals - running at a defender or their keeper if he receives a worldie-pass from Eriksen or whoever as we break on the counter
* Terrific record with penalty kicks should we get one.
* A physical presence up front to keep their CBs occupied.
* Tireless pressing up front.

Then there is the psychological boost to the team from seeing his name in the starting line-up.

And whilst some Liverpool fans and players may claim that they don't care whether he starts or not, it'll be a different story inside their heads if they see his name on the starting team-sheet.
This post didn’t age well :lol:. He’s been awful, as predicted.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How much blame do you put on Kane? He is clearly putting personal glory and ego ahead of the team by playing in this. He is clearly not fit.
Of course he did.

It was up to Poch to be brave and put his ass on the bench. I said it earlier in this thread, CL finals don't come around every year, so Poch should have made the right decision for the team and himself - not pander to Kane's ego. They may never get another chance.

Aloysius's Back 3

As I've said - Pochettino is a great manager but is just like Jose Mourinho - is heavily reliant on big tall traditional strikers usually playing in a 4231.

Lambert, osvaldo, Kane & Llorente.

If this manager grows up and opens up to playing a team with a fluid front 3 then it would suit the rest of his tactics so much more - but he doesn't because he is reliant on these traditional tactics of playing a traditional number 9.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Rooney was rushed back early for half a decade only to play half fit in world cups.

It doesn't work.

Zoo

Indulging the selfish golden boy has proved costly. Just like the WC semifinal against Croatia when he should have looked to pass but selfishly went for glory. How he lasted the whole game is ridiculous.

DarkChild™

What a tosser. Unbelievable how many levels he brings spurs game down. Poch shouldn't have started him.

Jazz

Moura must be fuming.
Can't blame him. I thought it was really bad of Poch not to start him, considering his goals got them to the final. It's just not fair. It says to the team, no matter what you do, Kane is always more important.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Did feck all, better off starting Moura given what he did in the semi

Jazz

Indulging the selfish golden boy has proved costly. Just like the WC semifinal against Croatia when he should have looked to pass but selfishly went for glory. How he lasted the whole game is ridiculous.
Indeed.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can't blame him. I thought it was really bad of Poch not to start him, considering his goals got them to the final. It's just not fair. It says to the team, no matter what you do, Kane is always more important.
Pretty much this yeah. Bad signal to the team IMO.

redshaw

A lot of players on both teams looked off the pace.

If Kane is fresh and fit then it's a good choice but Moura is the main man in recent games, a hat trick in a semi final and it takes forever to get on in a dead game.

killerboi2

Might have to start agreeing with the critics that he makes Tottenham play worse now. Scoring goals against big teams in the league now and again is what you'd expect. The guy has been poor in a few of the biggest games of his career now (the later stages WC games and tonight)

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Like it was predicted by many of us he was well off the pace. You can't just not play a competitive game for 2 months and then expect to pick up the pace in a final straight away.

Castia

Wasn’t Kane’s fault, the front 4 of spurs were piss poor and so was Lucas when he came on.

Son, Deli, Erikson and Kane just couldn’t get going.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Most of us could see how it'll pan out as early as the teams went out. I guess he's just too big a legend not to play in their biggest game ever. Game changed when Moura went in.

Aloysius's Back 3

Might have to start agreeing with the critics that he makes Tottenham play worse now. Scoring goals against big teams in the league now and again is what you'd expect. The guy has been poor in a few of the biggest games of his career now (the later stages WC games and tonight)
It's just a general thing in football in my opinion - you can't play a traditional number 9 with everyone attempting to assist the lad because that football is way too easy to defend against.

Every top team play with a front 3 or a front 2 now & are forwards more than pure strikers.

City have three forwards and Aguero is one rather than relying purely on him whilst sterling & Mahrez or sane asisst him - if they were doing that they wouldn't be title winners. Same. With Liverpool, Barcelona, Ex Madrid, PSG etc.

Zoo

Wasn’t Kane’s fault, the front 4 of spurs were piss poor and so was Lucas when he came on.

You could argue that they play better without him. Son in particular.

Aloysius's Back 3

That's because with Kane upfront they don't play as a front 4 - they play largely like midfielders trying to get the ball in to the centre of the box or just purely letting Kane decide where the ball goes next.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I think he was right to start Kane, and all this feels very result oriented.

Castia

You could argue that they play better without him. Son in particular.

They should sell him then

I mean are we seriously going with the idea of Spurs being better without Kane after a couple of very lucky CL results? Look at their record since he’s been injured they barely won a game in the past 2 months.

Castia

That's because with Kane upfront they don't play as a front 4 - they play largely like midfielders trying to get the ball in to the centre of the box or just purely letting Kane decide where the ball goes next.

Nah

They’ve barely won a game since he’s been injured. A couple of lucky CL results with Lucas and Llorente being hero’s doesn’t change that.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think he was right to start Kane, and all this feels very result oriented.
It isn't. As one of the opponents of yours - I can tell you that when Kane is playing you as a team become lopsided, playing one dimensional football which relies on crosses.

When son & Lucas play they get the feet on the ball and play quick short pass football in between the opponent defence & midfield which causes heavily imbalance to the opposition.

All Liverpool had to do today was keep Kane in the pocket & nothing happened because every player bar Son - all they did was to try to supply Kane from trippie to rose to Alli or Kane.

Kane isn't a bad player - it's more the way Pochettino uses him as this central man to your attack rather than one of many forwards in a fluid line of an attack.

Aloysius's Back 3

Nah

They’ve barely won a game since he’s been injured. A couple of lucky CL results with Lucas and Llorente being hero’s doesn’t change that.
Again thars because of Pochettino's reliance on tradional strikers like osvaldo, Lambert, Kane & Llorente - its a vital aspect to his tactica as much as it was for Jose. Makes the attack heavily one dimensional.

Castia

It isn't. As one of the opponents of yours - I can tell you that when Kane is playing you as a team become lopsided, playing one dimensional football which relies on crosses.

When son & Lucas play they get the feet on the ball and play quick short pass football in between the opponent defence & midfield which causes heavily imbalance to the opposition.

All Liverpool had to do today was keep Kane in the pocket & nothing happened because every player bar Son - all they did was to try to supply Kane from trippie to rose to Alli or Kane.

Kane isn't a bad player - it's more the way Pochettino uses him as this central man to your attack rather than one of many forwards in a fluid line of an attack.

Lucas and Son upfront?

Go look at Spurs results with those 2 starting during Kane’s injury, won about 2 games in 12 weeks.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Hardly. Plenty of us raised this issue when the teamsheets were out.
And was Kane any worse than for example Firminho? I think Kane had a decent game, but for some reason it feels like some already decided that unless he scored he shouldn't have played.