Should unvaxxed players be barred from playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I don't want to turn this into a vaccine conspiracy theory thread, as that's been done to death elsewhere.

With the rising Covid cases in the UK, and across football, and various games being cancelled - it poses the question - should unvaccinated players be barred from playing?

I get that a person's medical records should remain private, and that it's a human right to keep your medical stance / status to yourself, so there's that side of the argument as well. However, in the exceptional circumstances of a global pandemic, and the fact that unvaxxed players are high risk - it will cause further disruption and difficulty to games and scheduling as well as the obvious wider health reasons.

The most recent data I can find for the PL is this -

Premier League: 68 per cent of players fully vaccinated against Covid-19, 81 per cent have received first dose
Premier League released vaccination rates among players; 81 per cent have had first jab and 68 per cent are fully vaccinated; PL said it "continues to work with clubs to encourage vaccination among players and club staff"
This was as of October 2021 (article here).

Listening to the radio just now, I'm hearing that 75% of players are now fully vaccinated, with the remaining 25% refusing to take the vaccine. Should the 25% be barred from playing?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Players already have to show a negative test, so no

Status
Not open for further replies.