Should we buy back Own Goal?

Grande

So, after the Spurs debacle, we’ve shut up shop so well that the following two away games against in form opposition, the only player who has managed to put anything past Sleek Dave is that old fiend, Own Goal. Twice even. Two calmly slotted beauties, RvN-like. He also had numerous assists and key passes during the loss to the team of him whose name we must not speak.

Many of us remember what it was like when Own Goal was our most prolific striker, and even if VAR Penalty-Kick scores as much and our previous boss - the grumpy hobbit-slayer whose name I decline to mention - says he’s our most important contributor, it’s not quite the same panache about it.

What do you think? Should we do a Pogba and buy Own Goal back, no doubt for 120m€ on the last day of the next covid window, or was he only made to look good playing alongside Wes ‘Orange Hair Beware’ Brown? Should we try for a swap deal with VAR ‘Lucky’ Penalty Kick? Surely at some point his luck must run out?

What does The Caf decree? Fire away.

pav1790

I think we have players capable of keeping him out. It’s more of a mentality issue. Of course I used to love it back when he used to score for us more than opposition.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think maybe we've moved on from Own Goal, if anything we should be looking at buying "Huge Deflection" from Villa... think he'd work really well with Pogba and Bruno.

el3mel

The one yesterday was a pretty funny moment for me. Martial looked like he was really aiming for the goal or something. I think his instinct worked on its own and he really did subconsciously target our goal.

Fingeredmouse

It's yet another example of Ole's Championship level management abilities that we let Own Goal leave and strengthen our rivals.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our 2nd top scorer in 09/10 but he was declining for years after that. Ole made the right decision.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's not as good as he once was. I don't know why you're looking somewhere else when we have our own penalties giving us more and more goalscoring opportunities season after season. Grass is always greener... it's not!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The one yesterday was a pretty funny moment for me. Martial looked like he was really aiming for the goal or something. I think his instinct worked on its own and he really did subconsciously target our goal.
Yeah, usually those are just flukes but it really looked like his goalscoring instinct suddenly kicked in at the worst possible moment, that finish was slick!

binary bot
Old fella down the pub is good mates with a friend of own goal and apparently him and Kurt Zouma have been spending time together.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We need to let our obsession with Own Goal go. It wasn't working anymore. A change of scenery was needed for everyone concerned.

For me Spot Kick is a massive upgrade and a far more reliable outlet for goals. Let's cherish what we have here and now instead of looking back.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Own goals and Penalties would be lethal upfront.

coffee

We need to let our obsession with Own Goal go. It wasn't working anymore. A change of scenery was needed for everyone concerned.

For me Spot Kick is a massive upgrade and a far more reliable outlet for goals. Let's cherish what we have here and now instead of looking back.
This 100 times
And why would you start a thread like this? Is just gonna end up in mess like Lukaku's. It's time to move on.

Grande

It took me far too long to work out what you were trying to say.
Me too, trust me.
I think maybe we've moved on from Own Goal, if anything we should be looking at buying "Huge Deflection" from Villa... think he'd work really well with Pogba and Bruno.
Thought he was managing Chelsea now?
It's yet another example of Ole's Championship level management abilities that we let Own Goal leave and strengthen our rivals.
You know full well that this is on Matt Judge and his contract silent treatment antics.
This 100 times
And why would you start a thread like this? Is just gonna end up in mess like Lukaku's. It's time to move on.
Matchwinner in the Europa League is a spot better than we could do, with or without Spot Kick.

Own goals and Penalties would be lethal upfront.
I guess this is the bottom line truth.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Liverpool haven’t been the same either since Veeyay Arr left them at the end of last season.

GeordieRed

Oh sure, let’s make a kneejerk signing just because he’s back in form.

Have you even thought about how this will affect Greenwood’s development?!

Grande

Oh sure, let’s make a kneejerk signing just because he’s back in form.

Have you even thought about how this will affect Greenwood’s development?!
I think Mason is the ultimate fan. Dreaming of parties like Best, girls like Best, drugs like best and scandals like best, but all he’s got yet is some hippy crack, an anticovid dating and his one big talent: the perfect knee jerk in the box.

arthurka

Loved when our best striker post Fergie was banging them in across the continent scaring defenses shitless all over. But that's what good strikers do they score goals anywhere they go, against any team.

PoTMS

Where does he currently ply his trade at club level?

justsomebloke

I was undecided, but the huge Euro tournament he's having has won me over. Bring him back I say, and money is no object.

MUFC OK

Still doing it at the highest level. Shame he didn't fit our system an undervalued member of the squad but I must admit he rarely turned up in big games.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's having an excellent Euros, but it was to be expected, he tore it up in the Bundesliga last season.

Look at these absolute screamers:

#2 is a particular highlight. Must be nearly 30 yards out, and he just sweetly rolls it in to the bottom corner. Keeper had no chance.

Oranges038

Don't need him, good positioning but most of his goals are flukes and pure luck, just bouncing any part of him into the net.

Penalties has taken over his mantle and shown that skill, deception and perseverance is much better than relying on luck.

Schneiderman

Don't need him, good positioning but most of his goals are flukes and pure luck, just bouncing any part of him into the net.

Penalties has taken over his mantle and shown that skill, deception and perseverance is much better than relying on luck.
I think you're looking for the Lukaku thread.

klsv

Classic Caf this. Daddy don't want and then goes to become world class elsewhere.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's a travesty that people keep drooling over the likes of Kane when this lad is good for 30+ goals in the league alone. He may not be fancy but he's lethal - and incredibly consistent.