Should we change captaincy as well?

AngliaRed

OGS all but gone, so does the new manager change captain?

I personally would, Ronaldo seems obvious aswell as Bruno perhaps.

Skills

Snitch
Would be throwing Maguire under the bus to strip the captaincy from him. Nowhere for a player to recover from that

Zoo

People are so fixated on this. We have serious issues in coaching and tactics to sort out first.

BlueHaze

Would be throwing Maguire under the bus to strip the captaincy from him. Nowhere for a player to recover from that
With the performances he has been putting up this season as the captain I could care less.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Big billy bollocks has to earn the armband, give it to someone else. My pick would be one of the senior players like ronaldo, cavani, ddg. They would have obviously moved on by end of next season and we can decide then who to give it to next.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Another fecking thread on this? Seriously?

spiriticon

People are so fixated on this. We have serious issues in coaching and tactics to sort out first.
It's really not that hard to give an armband to another guy.... Don't need top quality coaches for that.

Mr. Ant

Great manager could do that in a positive manner. It would help Maguire a lot imo. He's just not coping well under the pressure.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If he can't recover from that he's not the type you want as a captain anyway.

Guy is dull as dishwater and has no aura about him. No business being a captain.

Scholsey2004

Yeah, i'd say so. His form is absolutely calamitous. You cant be that bad for a prolonged period and still be captain.

spiriticon

Great manager could do that in a positive manner. It would help Maguire a lot imo. He's just not coping well under the pressure.
I agree. He is cracking immensely under the pressure and some spotlight taken off him would be a good thing.

RedAlert27

Yes we should. And sell Maguire in January whilst we're at it, not winning anything with him playing. Serious lack of leaders in this team though. Idk maybe Bruno as he shows the most passion?

Next signings have to be natural leaders who yell their mouths off as well as having the quality too, of course.

Jonty

Yes, Maguire didn't earn the position and certainly did nothing to retain the honour. And it should be recognised that it is an honour to carry that responsibility. A captaincy for a lesser club requires personality and determination, for United it is that and more, Maguire has shown nothing to deserve it.

Zoo

It's really not that hard to give an armband to another guy.... Don't need top quality coaches for that.
Who? Ronaldo and Bruno who constantly throw temper tantrums on the field? Pogba, who can’t be arsed most of the time and wants to leave? De Gea who struggles to look after his own form for years now? There are far more things to worry about IMO.

Red Star One

That's actually what I think. A proper manager, less spotlight, less toxic (ie. more healthy competition, less favoritism and dishonesty) atmosphere and he could come really good again.

YouknowNani

Obviously. Our current captain shouldn't even be at the club. He's the worst CB in the league.

crossy1686

career ending
No fecking brainer. If the captain of the clubs last act on the field was getting a manger sacked then he’s got to be dropped and stripped of the captaincy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Danger Donny, he went through Sarr like a truck. Mad bastard.

But seriously, yes, though I have no idea who. If he was at his best, I'd say Bruno. But he is looking hopeless at the minute.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Everyone at the club should be given a pass for this season and evaluated by the new manager when they came in, including Maguire.

They stopped playing for Ole as far back as the West Ham game in my opinion.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s easy being a captain when we’re winning, but when we’re losing it’s obvious he is sorely lacking in any leadership skills other than apologies and cliches. He’s looked completely broken this season, he simply cannot handle the pressure

Borys

Statistics Wizard
New manager will be like a breath of fresh air for every player. Maguire might rediscover his form. I don't think we should change the captain yet. We know this team is much better than what we've seen in the last few weeks.

Stepney73

Maguire shouldn’t be at the club never mind be captain.

he‘s a championship level clogger at best.

id have sooner spent that 80m on the stadium tbh.