Television Sick Of It

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Not seen it yet but I'll be catching up. I saw Karl on Sunday Brunch and somehow I'd forgotten how hilarious he is. It got me rewatching some classic monkey news - I'll never stop finding those podcasts funny.

saivet

Just watched the first episode and better than I expected (low expectations).

Will watch episode 2 after too.

King Eric 7

I don't find him particularly funny, just mildly amusing. That's not a bad thing though, as I do enjoy watching his stuff. Same with this programme. Watched the first episode and it was good enough to decide I want to watch the next one at some point, but nothing more than that.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I’ve come round to the idea that he’s been acting since day one. Still funny though.
Nah, I been on a shoot with him and he's actually a bit like this. I guess they play it up a bit, especially the way they edit the footage but it's not completely made up. He's a nightmare to direct. Keeps questioning every decision and script line.

But the absolute, and I mean ABSOLUTE, biggest dickhead to work with is James Corden. He's such a fecking bellend it's unbelievable.

Member 39557

Nah, I been on a shoot with him and he's actually a bit like this. I guess they play it up a bit, especially the way they edit the footage but it's not completely made up. He's a nightmare to direct. Keeps questioning every decision and script line.

But the absolute, and I mean ABSOLUTE, biggest dickhead to work with is James Corden. He's such a fecking bellend it's unbelievable.
Spill the beans. I can't watch anything with him in it and I'd love to have my irrational hatred justified in some way.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Spill the beans. I can't watch anything with him in it and I'd love to have my irrational hatred justified in some way.
He's just a knob. Questions everything, starts taking over the direction, re-writes scripts on the spot with no regards to how it affects the overall concept, works on his own schedule, forces you to re-touch images to make him look slimmer etc etc.

Just a complete douche.

Funny thing is that when you work with real A list celebs, they'e so nice. Tom Cruise is specifically the best celeb to work with. He's just up for everything and just trusts the creative.

Denzel, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Anthony Joshua, Ryan Reynolds are a few others that have been lovely to direct.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I'm just commenting here to wait for the dirt on James Corden, he's a total prick.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I’ve come round to the idea that he’s been acting since day one. Still funny though.
I've always thought the same. For someone who seems to hate everything, he enters the situations he is forced to do (in stuff like an Idiot Abroad) with quite an incredible amount of confidence.

I love the podcasts and the animated Ricky Gervais show, but there's a lot of times in them where any ordinary person would respond and argue with Ricky/Steven, but a lot of the time Karl stays on script no matter how much he's getting berated. It may not be 100% acting, but in the things where is supposedly himself, I do think he's is playing a character to some extent.

But it's still very well done, acted or otherwise. Didn't manage to catch this last night but I'll hopefully get on it over the weekend.

Brophs

The One and Only
Watched the first two eps last night. I liked it. I was really worried about not liking it, as I didn't want my opinion of him to go the same way as Gervais. It's not the best show ever made, but it's a country mile better than something like Life's Too Short. It has some nice lines and he never really overplays the whole voice on his shoulder conceit. The fact that the monologue isn't constant gives it a greater impact and stops it veering into wacky territory.

In terms of his personality, it seems pretty obvious that this is how he is to some extent, but he knows how to amplify it and play up to it. Even when you listen to the XFM stuff and then lead straight into the podcasts, there is a change in the way he acts, albeit subtle. He starts to understand his role.

acnumber9

He definitely knows that what he says is funny and why so he obviously plays to it. I’m not sure I would call it acting but playing up to what he knows people like. The show was better than I expected it to be, not too cheesy or forced and actually a strong enough underlying story to it so far. Though he second episode wasn’t great until he had the toy baby.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He definitely knows that what he says is funny and why so he obviously plays to it. I’m not sure I would call it acting but playing up to what he knows people like. The show was better than I expected it to be, not too cheesy or forced and actually a strong enough underlying story to it so far. Though he second episode wasn’t great until he had the toy baby.
The toy baby was great. Nightclub toilet scene was pretty fecking funny. Something else I like about it (so far) is that there’s a narrative running through that might get deep/interesting (his relationship ending over kids etc) as the season progresses. A lot of individual set-pieces would be less compelling.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There's a few stories of him on Reddit as well. How Gavin and Stacey completely changed him. Apparently he was on a flight once and ignored a lady struggling with her baby right next to him. Wouldn't even open the luggage compartment for her.

It was his wife and kid.