Sidney Poitier passed away at 94

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Great actor. I watched In The Heat of The Night some while ago.

Sidney Poitier, the renowned Hollywood actor, director and activist who commanded the screen, reshaped the culture and paved the way for countless other Black actors with stirring performances in classics such as “In the Heat of the Night” and “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner,” has died, a source close to the family told NBC News on Friday.

He was 94. The actor's cause of death was not immediately given.

In a groundbreaking film career that spanned decades, Poitier established himself as one of the finest performers in America. He made history as the first Black man to win an Academy Award for best actor and, at the height of his fame, he became a major box-office draw.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...icon-who-broke-barriers-black-actors-n1256724

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
RIP. To be honest I'm amazing he was still alive. Haven't heard his name in years.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I love that scene in The Heat of the Night, where the plantation owner slaps him and he straight away slaps him back.

sidsutton

RIP

On the plus side, I'm slowly moving up the list of greatest living Sidneys. Next stop Pittsburgh.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
RIP. I remember In the Heat of the Night being on late Irish TV when I was younger and I'd watch it a lot because I only had 2 channels in my room. It was a good show.

Also, it's an oddly satisfying name to say; Sidney Poitier.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
RIP.

I didn't know his work before seeing this so unfortunately it is forever my association with him:

Also, South Park was great when it was bat shit mental.