Signing of the season so far

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What do we think so far? I’m not sure any of the top six clubs has made a signing who would fall into this category. Dan James has exceeded expectations imo. Rodri has been a bit of a mixed bad for City. What about the rest of the league?

Has anyone stood out for you?

izec

I would say Kovacic, even though he was there on loan last season, he was signed in the summer permanently.

Other than that, not so much. Ings has a good output though

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Daniel James' assists should be much higher than they are. Problem is neither of Rashford or Martial or goal poachers. But he has put in some great balls with nobody on the end of them as the other 2 don't work hard enough off the ball. Bring in Haaland and James is getting an additional 10 assists per season...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nah, Kovacic shouldn't count.

Ings is a great shout. Raul Jimenez is another one who deserves to be mentioned. But both were loaned there before though. Tielemans is in the same boat as Kovacic.

Rodri performed very well at the beginning, but slowed down a little, although City's defensive unit had been a mess this season, which isn't exactly helping him.
James have been quite good and productive, but, again, I wouldn't call him a genius signing yet (it's just that we're so used to underperforming newcomers that someone who exceeds expectations stands out even more), and I still have doubts about his potential ability. Love him anyway though.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Ings is a great shout. Raul Jimenez is another one who deserves to be mentioned.

Rodri performed very well at the beginning, but slowed down a little, although City's defensive unit had been a mess this season, which isn't exactly helping him.
James have been quite good and productive, but, again, I wouldn't call him a genius signing yet (it's just that we're so used to underperforming newcomers that someone who exceeds expectations stands out even more), and I still have doubts about his potential ability. Love him anyway though.
Tielemans is in the same boat as Kovacic.
Kovacic, Ings, Jimenez and Tielemans are all in the same boat. Either they all count or none of them do.

AshRK

Soyuncu has been really good signing. Leicester finding another gem. AWB has been pretty solid signing too.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Kovacic, Ings, Jimenez and Tielemans are all in the same boat. Either they all count or none of them do.
Just ignore me :lol:
Completely forgot about that somehow.

friedeggden

Supports
Liverpool
Ings is the obvious choice. It's about time we gave something back to Southampton.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Martinelli has been a decent signing for Arsenal, all things considered. Maybe not “signing of the season” level for the league as a whole, but he's their second highest scorer in all competitions, works hard and presses from the front, and cost only ~€6 million — considering he's 18 years of age that value will skyrocket in the coming years. Definitely worthy of an honorable mention given his short term impact and long term potential, especially given the lack of genuine standouts (presuming Jiménez, Ings, Kovacić and co. are ineligible).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not saying he’s been the best signing but Adrian was alright for a free transfer. Had a couple of shockers but some very good saves as well.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
For all the money spent, it seems like nobody really made a great signing yet. Once City get capable defenders back, Rodri could be it, otherwise a busy January awaits.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Ings is a great shout. Raul Jimenez is another one who deserves to be mentioned. But both were loaned there before though. Tielemans is in the same boat as Kovacic.

Actually the other way around

James is not a genius, but is that what the expectation is out of him? I think he's done really well.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That Saint-Maximin guy at Newcastle would be up there. His end product is hilarious but he's exciting and what more can you ask for when you're a club like that?