Silvestre or Brown?....

kanchelskis14

...On Wednesday night i mean, not a general thing.

Personally, o would go for Silvestre. He is error prone, but then so is Brown, so that sort of nullifies it. Because of this, we have to just take both of them at their best...and I would say Silvestre is better on his day.

Dominant

silvestre preferably. He's error prone but not as bad as brown, Brown is capable of calamity error on a bad day

Elessar

brown has an tendency of watching the ball instead of watching where the players are.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Wes Brown's one of the best natural defenders I've ever seen

Mik is a fantastic athlete, and scores the odd goal with his kidney-shaped head

They both make spastic errors every now and again

I'd play Mik cos he's got more European experience.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Mickey by one puff of his inflatable head.

always red

Plechazunga said:
Wes Brown's one of the best natural defenders I've ever seen

Mik is a fantastic athlete, and scores the odd goal with his kidney-shaped head

They both make spastic errors every now and again

I'd play Mik cos he's got more European experience.
I will go with this one

redjoe

If anyone finds a spare clue please pm it to me
Unfortunately both are liabilites, but I think you got to give Silvestre the nod for the sheer fact his pace may bail him out after one of his errors.

On a serious note, both players on their day can be exceptional but at the back of your mind you are always waiting for them to slip up. They don't excude confidence.

Smash-E

I like Brown a lot better than Silvestre, but I'd still pick Silvestre, because he is less error prone, and does the job against the big teams.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Chivu ;)

I like Brown, but Micky is a bit more solid.

But now that Brown has re-signed, does anyone think SAF might be willing to sell Micky to fund the purchase of a more reliable, less error prone, no non-sense central defender to partner Rio for the next 6-8 years?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Silvestre, simply because he's faster, less to prone errors & also seem to have more luck when he does.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both players play excellently well when Rio is there and are equally crap when he isnt so I cant see much difference between them

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Both players can be excellent. Both players can be utter toss. Both players can be counted on to make at least one big mistake a game.

Silvestre, for two reasons. Firstly, his speed. Secondly, he seems to have a better combination with Rio (possibly just because he's played with him more often).

032Devil

For this game, I would have to go with Silvestre.

His Italian experience could prove invaluable.

devilish

With Sheva injured, I believe that Ancelotti will utilize Crespo upfront with Kaka at his back.

Crespo is the typical English type of striker, who rely on physical strength etc, our defenders face these type of forwards week in week out so he shouldn’t be difficult to keep at bay. The problems will come from Kaka as he is fast, very gifted, and his shots from out of the box can do damage. Now Keane should be given the task to mark him but there again Keano isn’t fast, so we will need someone fast to compensate for that. Therefore if I was SAF I would opt for Silvestre

In my opinion the finest strategy against AC Milan is to attack them aggressively for the entire 90 minutes in the home game (similar tactic was utilized by Deportivo). I mean their defense is solid, but its made up of old players and they will not be able to keep with the pace of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs for the entire 90 minutes. Then in the away game (if we win the home game), I would play the 4 – 5 – 1 system with Phil, Keano, Scholes as central midfielders to break AC Milan’s rhythm, Rooney on the left and Giggs on the right with Ruud acting as the lone striker. By doing that we will have a full time marker on Kaka, and we will win their midfield, and therefore keeping them in their own half.

WeasteDevil

I can just see Sylvestre being put under pressure, doing one of his infamous mistimed attempts at a hoof, giving the ball to an unmarked Kaka on the edge of the box, and Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo coming out of the mouth of some latin cnut of a commentator at very high volume and increasingly annoying pitch.

shyamg22

start silvestre, but yeah i definately could see saf selling silvestre if it meant he could get his hands on a hard-man cb who has real pace.....dunno what's the chances of that but who knows.

devilish

An Extremely Boring Man said:
Crespo plays with Kaka on his back?

That must be hard work...
Well he isnt that heavy comeon.

Imagine if it was Gazza or Maradona;)

Ern

The wrong end of Big Brother's telescope.
Ern is finally here:D The forum for the big boys:D
Had to start with that.

Well, as far as Silvestre and Wes Brown are concerned, I think I'd go with Silvestre, purely because he has the extra experience in Europe and has had a few more games with Rio at the back, this season. Both of them make a few silly errors and I can't think of them as being as high on the food chain as Rio, but they're both excellent defenders. To judge them on talent, I'd rate Brown just the slight bit higher, but I do think Silvestre is more composed and more confident, although Brown has improved greatly in that respect.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Am inclined to go with Micky more experience in Europe, plus he is faster the Wesley.

tengy

Say it loud, I'm out and I'm proud. I'm a bigotte
crespo as a typical english striker?
that a load of bull, as he proved it himself when he was playing for chelsea.

as for choosing silvestre or brown?
i choose silvestre, there both as good as each other on their day, but there no substiture for experience, especially in big games

Alilaw

Feedingseagulls said:
Even when concussed?
There's not that much of a difference...

In answer to the question, for a European match I'd agree with Micky. Although saying that, Wes has shown many a time that he can deal with the top players in the world (Henry at Highbury sticks in my mind) and I'd have no qualms starting with him either.