Sir Bobby was one of only 9 to win the World Cup, European Cup & Ballon d'Or, and was the first to do it!

Yagami

Good post resistant
World Cup and Ballon d'Or in '66, European Cup in '68.

The other 8 were Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Paolo Rossi, Zinedine Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Messi. That's some company to keep.

Like my thread about Sir Bobby training with the '99 team at the Nou Camp before that legendary 3-3 game a while back, there isn't much point to this thread other than to celebrate the legend that is Sir Bobby Charlton.

It feels weird to say but he just feels underrated to me in general. I don't think the majority realise just how good he was. Anyway, I love the man and may he rest in peace.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What makes it even more impressive is that he accomplished all of this after the Munich air disaster. An incredible man indeed.

Eric_the_Red99

Also, on retirement he held the records for appearances and goals for both club and country. While Bobby Moore took his England caps record in the early 70s, the other three records stood for decades, eventually being overtaken by Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and Harry Kane. He still has the record for most league goals for United (199), a record that may never be surpassed.

Wilt

One of only handful of genuine Utd legends.

gajender

The other 8 were Franz Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Paolo Rossi, Zinedine Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Messi. That's some company to keep.

Like my thread about Sir Bobby training with the '99 team at the Nou Camp before that legendary 3-3 game a while back, there isn't much point to this thread other than to celebrate the legend that is Sir Bobby Charlton.

It feels weird to say but he just feels underrated to me in general. I don't think the majority realise just how good he was. Anyway, I love the man and may he rest in peace.
Sir Bobby was one of those player and the man whose stature and Background means that even describing him as Legend of the Game might not do justice to the man .

Red Star One

I hope it's widely accepted also among opposition fans that he stands out as the greatest English footballer in history.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Also, on retirement he held the records for appearances and goals for both club and country. While Bobby Moore took his England caps record in the early 70s, the other three records stood for decades, eventually being overtaken by Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and Harry Kane. He still has the record for most league goals for United (199), a record that may never be surpassed.
199 league goals is insane. What a player.

Mindhunter

What a player for us and an ambassador for the game globally. He was the last bit of soul that was left of the club. With his passing, the ship of theses is now made of completely new parts.

We aren't that club anymore.

surf

What goal that was! He could do it all Sir Bobby.
The catalyst for England's world cup campaign after a drab and scoreless couple of hours against Uruguay and Mexico. A truly world class player who won the Ballon D'Or that year.

Simbo

Great compilation here, shows off his all round game.

Duane Dibley

Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Legend is a word used far too easily these days but it fits Sir Bobby Charlton perfectly.

On the pitch he had everything, he could drive the team forward, he could pass, he could score goals. A Robson, a Scholes and a Rooney in one player, what he'd be worth in today's market doesn't bear thinking about.

Not only was he a wonderful player on the pitch, he was a wonderful gentleman off the pitch, humble, self-effacing, modest. Sadly we'll never see the likes of Sir Bobby again.

And not only was he United's greatest ever player, he was undoubtedly the most important. At the very lowest that a football club could ever be, as a 20 year old, when lesser men would have shied away, he stepped up to the plate, took on the challenge and drove the club forward, on and off the field.

Without Sir Bobby Charlton, Manchester United might not even exist and certainly wouldn't be what you are now, the biggest football club in the world.

The last of the Munich survivors, he'll be up there now with Sir Matt and the boys reminiscing about some of those 40 yard belters.

RIP Sir Bobby Charlton. Manchester United legend. England legend. Football legend.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

The word "legend" doesn't even cut it.

RIP

KetilOwren88

The power and accuracy he had with both feet is just unreal. No wonder why he scored so many goals. Legend.

Acquire Me

The best player for us and England. I loved to see him and his wife watching us play. It felt good having him there. That era is over now.

True legend and a great man. He will be missed. Rest in peace.